Should talim return?

• Yes

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I'd rather see her replaced

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
Meh, well Talim rocks and is kawaii. I love her flow. That is all.

I hope you're not serious.

I don't understand your first post.

She SHOULD be sexy or attractive and I stand by my Sterotypical male mindset even if you disagree with me or make some rant on why she shouldn't be.

Kura even placing second with her in a tournament. It doesn't matter that most people suck with her because she is a bad character.
Improvement would be required of coarse. But drastic changes aren't called for in my honest opinion.

Kura never got 2nd in a National/Major. And you never even see her make top 10.

She does need drastic change. Revamp her movelist to SCII with some SCIV parts.

Right now she's an easy to beat character with simple Step punishes or Tech crouches.

4B+K? Step.
4B+K,K Block and chip punish.
4B+K,A Crouch and WR punish.
4B+k,B Crouch And WR punish.
4B+K A+B, Block and Punish.

And the same applies to 6B+K and even 2_8B+K

Most of her Horizontal's hit high which means 7/10 Chances you can just crouch and punish her. Her Stun's are easily shakeable and she lost a great deal of priority on her moves. Talim also has disappointing low hits in general.

Talim does need a drastic change. A simple Frame buff or better recovery won't cut it. Talim need a revamp especially with the new characters which means potential better or worst match-ups. She was beautiful in SCII and SCIII and those were the days were she truly shined and was taken seriously as an opponent.

She SHOULD be sexy or attractive and I stand by my Sterotypical male mindset even if you disagree with me or make some rant on why she shouldn't be.

Uh.... she was only 15 so I'm not sure if she's intended to be sexy. I believed that if she was to have large breasts and wear skimpy clothing at that age then it would just make me lose all of my respect for her. Btw, I'm not ranting. And she was attractive (I mean you wouldn't call her ugly would you?!). Look at those gorgeous brown eyes, dark emerald tresses and slim figure!

I personally think she's easily one of the more attractive 3d models in SC4, what with x looking like a duck, Cassy and soph looking like dogs, and ivy and setsuka having some of the most masculine features ever. There isn't much to choose from.

that right there tells me you know nothing about talim.

Are you serious? Talim was best during SCII compared to SCIV. And she was nerfed down a little in SCIII but still she wasn't as bad as she is now in SCIV.

People these days. I'm too damn tired to go Theory fighting with you on why you know nothing about Talim's Past days (And you can't tell me she isn't because I'm looking at her SCII movelist right now as this is Typed).

I have a freaking Anime convention to go to. Have fun with this discussion Fuzzie I'm out.

You obviously are quite the genius when it comes to Talim, I'm so sorry for countering your obvious brilliance, clearly you know more than zero effect, or anyone else who even touched talim in three for that matter.

Right because you have to be a Tournament Player.

And I haven't seen you in a Tournament Either buddy so I can use your same (Flawed) Logic.
Actually you know what. Let me put in SCIII right now as this is typed and I'll look at her moveset. And I know for a FACT she is much better in SCII/SCIII. Besides Do you even still have a copy of SCII or SCIII?

Chances are No. Thus you only go by Feedback information from other sources instead of actually seeing it for yourself. And Oh by the way. Her SCII movelist is far better than her SCIV. She has more recovery on: A+B, 4B+KK, and AABB. She also has gotten a small Frame speed buff on her 2_8A+B.

It's weird using the Soul Charge mechanic but it makes her incredibly punishing against Kilik/Astaroth. She has a 4:6 matchup against SCII Astaroth (In her favor).

So before you go saying "YOU HAVENT BEEN IN TOURNAMENT SO U DONT KNO CHARACTER!!11!!!" I have just looked at her SCII moveset. What about you? Are you looking at it? If yes then you know it's better than SCIV. In fact most of your knowledge of a Character might just come from SCIV experience or worst lurking Tournament player videos.

On the contrary, I have all of the soul calibur video games from sc1. I am fully aware that Talim was mid tier in sc2. did you not read the bolded portion of your post when I quoted you? She is absolute trash in sc3. WAY worse than sc4. That and I've been too one tournament in my life time, considering I don't have a car and rely on my parents for transportation, and haven't had another tourny near rhode island since then, I haven't had many other opportunities. Congrats, Meaningless assumption < actually playing the character.

EDIT: Also did you not see I said you know more than Zero effect? a Talim player who appears at tournaments consistently. Never said anything about myself.

considering I don't have a car and rely on my parents for transportation, and haven't had another tourny near rhode island since then, I haven't had many other opportunities.

....Nuff said

Congrats, Meaningless assumption < actually playing the character.

??? I'm actually playing the character though. I JUST looked at her SCII moveset. And JUST played her. Now I'm looking at her SCIII moveset. She got nerfed in terms of how easy you can chip punish her but it's not like she could be Crumbled or KND punished as she is in SCIV. She also lost a good amount of Priority on her 4B+K/6B+K which is saddening. However alot of players got nerfed in SCIII (Raphael being the most shocking one.) while Xianghua is crazy good O.O

Not to be rude dude but you're sounding like a Try-hard. Not by the fact you think you're a tourney player (At least I dont think you think that.) But by the fact you judge everything from a Tournament Video over Real life experience. There's nothing wrong with that in most cases since you get a better Professional way of looking at things, but saying "You don't know Talim simply because someone is good with them in a Tournament" is just maddening.

It's like if I said you didn't know anything about Basketball simply because Lebron James is better than you.

Cmon Fuzzie don't sound like a scrub here.

Tournament level play > Casual level play.

Tournament level players play the characters at their highest possible potential. there by concluding they have more knowledge about the character they bring to tournaments consistently, opposed to someone who read some numbers.

FYI Talim's frames look decent on paper, Like WR 3BB on block, but the animation for stances nearly turns that positive into a negative. Talim was decent in 2. She was by no means great. Amy is great, sc2 Ivy and X were great. sc3 talim trash.

and popping in the game for two minutes to mess around with things does not equate to actually utilizing the character

Tournament level play > Casual level play.

Tournament level players play the characters at their highest possible potential. there by concluding they have more knowledge about the character they bring to tournaments consistently, opposed to someone who read some numbers.

The thing is I agree but saying ONLY tournament level players have knowledge of something is outrageous. It's still logical a person could play equivalent to a tournament level player without having the means to access one (Like you for example.) What they still have no knowledge of the game despite their equal skill level?

I met freaking Farmers and Country boy's who never served in the military and Know the same amount and even more about Guns and Vantage points than Me. That is to say they never been in a War or Firefight for that matter but should their opinion about weapons be considered inferior? No.

That being said instead of just quoting things word for word from a Tournament level player, you should be finding the time to Surpass them. Not just be like them or equal to them.

The main topic is Should Talim be in SCV? I said no unless they Revamp her movelist to SCII style. Theory Fighting is annoying and more of a waste of time than arguing with 17-18 yr olds why the SCAR is a worse gun than the M4A2 in real life when they only play CoD and seem to be an expert.

and this is where you show just how naive you are when it comes to Talim, Nearly all Talim players agree that scIV had her most complete movelist.

Yes sc2 was better, but she only had a few truly useful moves where as Talim in sc4 uses her entire move list. What she needs is to be faster, stronger, and safer, her moves are completely fine.

Everyone... we're getting off topic...
Let's just all agree that SC2 was the best game for Talim moves. I miss that cartwheel move of hers... I think it was 4BK? Oh yeah, I'm new to this 8wayrun notation stuff so forgive me for making silly mistakes. Needs to study the notation guide some more.

Everyone... we're getting off topic...
Let's just all agree that SC2 was the best game for Talim moves. I miss that cartwheel move of hers... I think it was 4BK? Oh yeah, I'm new to this 8wayrun notation stuff so forgive me for making silly mistakes. Needs to study the notation guide some more.

You mean the Cartwheel kick.

It's 4KB. But you were close enough.

Yes sc2 was better, but she only had a few truly useful moves where as Talim in sc4 uses her entire move list. What she needs is to be faster, stronger, and safer, her moves are completely fine.

Didn't I just say her moveset should be like SCII? Do you read the post or skim them then make some Arbitrary conclusion on my Statement.

She doesn't need to be "Stronger" or "Faster". She needs to be safer and some of her SCII moveset while keeping some of the SCIV moves (ALSO LIKE I STATED EARLIER, I HAVE TO TYPE IN BOLD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION NOW). Actually you know what Darkwing. You're right.

I'm going to Youmacon, Entertain Fuzzie for oh let's say the next 51 hours. Note: You won't get anywhere with a discussion or debate unless you agree with him (Or a tournament player.)

No more arguing about useless semantics.

If talim is in scv then she's in scv, if she's not then bad luck for all of us.

Just be patient and wait a month or so to see who is announced next. There is still a possible 8-10 characters left to be revealed.

You mean the Cartwheel kick.

It's 4KB. But you were close enough.
Ah, thank you very much for the correction. ^^ I've started playing SC2 weapon master mode again and I do hope that some of Talim's old move from that game will come back if she does make it back to SCV. (>T_T)> Please come back Talim...

Back