Poll : Which Soul Calibur game is the best?

Which Soul Calibur game is the best?

• Soul Blade (Edge)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Soul Calibur I

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Soul Calibur II

Votes: 54 42.9%
  • Soul Calibur III

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Soul Calibur IV

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Soul Calibur III:AE

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Soul Calibur 4:BD

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Soul Calibur V

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

sheppard

[12] Conqueror
I played all of SC game except Soul Edge, but I watched its intro and gameplay videos. In my opinion SC2 is the best. My first encounter with series was SC3.

My thoughts about SC2, posted in Who Liked SC3? ;

i thought SC3 is the best but SC2 has an atmosphere makes me wanna play it 24 hours per day :D Almost all of the characters look much more natural and somehow realistic in SC2. When they look into your eyes, it feels like they are alive! In SC4 very few characters feels that way. Setsuka in SC4 looks like a doll with giant boobs, Kilik is a ActionMan toy, Ivy is a bitch. But in SC2 Kilik looks like Jet Lee or Jackie Chan, Ivy looks much more natural and realistic also charismatic, you can feel what Mitsurugi feels when he look into your eyes in character select menu :D

SC4 by far - because of online. I couldn't care less about the little things that make the other games better. Being able to play with other people at any point in time trumps everything for me.

+ on a 5 bar connection its not that bad.
Its a great way to get into the game.
Its the reason im as good a player as i am.
For me it was extremely fun playing soul cal day in and day out, seeing my self progress and overcoming my obstacles.

SC4 by far - because of online. i Couldn't care less about the little things that make the other games better. Being able to play with other people at any point in time trumps everything for me.

+ on a 5 bar connection its not that bad.
Its a great way to get into the game.
Its the reason im as good a player as i am.
For me it was extremely fun playing soul cal day in and day out, seeing my self progress and overcoming my obstacles.

Hmm, Don't say that man, do you mean you "don't care about art"?, SC4 characters lost their souls, not all of 'em ofcourse. But if you played SC2 or 3, think if SC5 with various online modes and super deep characters. Isn't it sounds great?

Hmm, Don't say that man, do you mean you "don't care about art"?, SC4 characters lost their souls, not all of 'em ofcourse. But if you played SC2 or 3, think if SC5 with various online modes and super deep characters. Isn't it sounds great?

I have never been someone who cares about "art" or about the storyline. I played the other sc games, and i have to say that the only reason i played soul calibur 4 as much as i did was because of online. Online is now a must for me to like or learn a game. Im a very dedicated person and if i am unable to progress rapidly and when ever i want i lose interest. For example i have mortal kombat i really like the game, yet i have not played it after i beat the story. i dont like learning vs npc's. Real life competition is the most important thing for me, and soul calibur 4 is the only game that lets me get that competition when ever i want.

The online mode in SC4 is WAY to laggy for me. I don't even trust a 5 bar anymore since even they can lag the fuck out of that game. Where is Team Battle, Chronicles Of The Sword, Theater, the motha fudging SHOP mode that i loved so much?!! For me, 4 was a disappointment and i would freak out if this was the game that they were gonna' close the SC series with. Luckily, they're making another SC so i hope they can take SC2 + SC3 with SC4 graphics and make a Soul Calibur 5 out of it... plus even more stuff.

SoulCalibur on Dreamcast. It overshadows all other SC´s no matter if its´fucking 10 years old!! SCII is a "close" second ´cause of it´s good balancing.

-takes of nostalgia goggles- 2 and 3 were tied in my opinion. 4 is easily my least favorite yet it's still good.

-takes of nostalgia goggles- 2 and 3 were tied in my opinion. 4 is easily my least favorite yet it's still good.

Nostalgia? I play all the older SC´s from time to time(except 3). There is almost no! nostalgia. I only admit that ther is some kind of.. "preference" towards SC(DC). But that´s mainly because it´s so good even today. ;)

Nostalgia? I play all the older SC´s from time to time(except 3). There is almost no! nostalgia. I only admit that ther is some kind of.. "preference" towards SC(DC). But that´s mainly because it´s so good even today. ;)
I was kidding, the older soul caliburs are quite fantastic. I was actually quite surprised at how well they aged.

SC-DC is still my personal fave. Everything about it was just so spot on, right down to the overall pacing and other aesthetics.

Soul Calibur IV is my favorite...
or it could be the fact that it's the first title that I indulged in the competative community. However, it's online aspects kind of blows... it's not useless, but it's a shitty lag mask of fun.

Soul Calibur III and Soul Calibur II are a close second;
I actually played locally (couple gamin' friends) for SCII and SCIII I remember having enormous ammounts of fun playing the single player modes. Creating your character, I was hooked on that shit for a minute. Now, single player modes I don't give two shit's about. That's the poison of online; and becomming too advanced for Edge Master to be fun anymore.

I love every main entry in the series. I simply wish I had gotten the chance to play Soulcalibur III more.

With that said, I'd say that Soul Calibur II is my favorite game in the series. If IV had the single player content that the original or II had then I'd say IV, but alas it doesn't. That was my core issue with IV, honestly.

I would say that Soul Calibur 3 is the best by far. It was a pian in the ass that you had to unlock "VS mode" for some reason but i loved all he modes in that game and i really hope that some of them return. I want a Chronicles Of The Sword!! X3

Back