Looking for a good and cheap alternative for x360 pads

sheppard

[12] Conqueror
Can someone advice me through this? You guys know x360 dpads sucks for fighting games, so I'm looking for alternatives. I'm going to buy two so it must not so expensive.

you are shit out of luck, unless you want us to link you some crap quality pads that will probably break.

I have two ps2 pads. But I don't get it, why do I have to need wired 360 controllers?

Because the adapter uses the wired 360 controller to "trick" your Xbox into thinking your using certified Xbox products while you're using your Ps2 controller. It's the only explanation I've ever heard about it, I was looking into it but bought a fighting pad instead.

I'm not sure how much the adapters in that thread generally are, but I got mine on eBay for only $8 and it works perfectly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PS2-PS3...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2c5fb66134
I have two ps2 pads. But I don't get it, why do I have to need wired 360 controllers?
Because the adapter uses the wired 360 controller to "trick" your Xbox into thinking your using certified Xbox products while you're using your Ps2 controller. It's the only explanation I've ever heard about it, I was looking into it but bought a fighting pad instead.
Microsoft programmed the Xbox360 to only accept pre-approved ("licensed") controllers. So adapters like this need the help of a real wired Xbox360 controller to emulate the "license".

Also, you may need only 1 wired controller. It seems that you only need the license to activate the controller. (as in you don't need to keep it plugged in the whole time.) Then you can unplug the actual Xbox360 controller from the adapter and the adapter will still function fine. So then you would just put the wired Xbox360 into the second adapter to activate it, then both adapters should be working. Though I haven't spent a lot of time testing this so I'm not sure how fool proof it is.

Actually, you only need an Xbox pad for certain converters: the ones a lot of the french use are literally just plug controller in and play. The one with the green hexagon on it, don't know what its called, lol.

Actually, you only need an Xbox pad for certain converters: the ones a lot of the french use are literally just plug controller in and play. The one with the green hexagon on it, don't know what its called, lol.
Sweet, I didn't know that. If you can find it, I'd like to see it. :D

Back