Astoroth is a beast

Excalibur

[08] Mercenary
Was doing training mode. I know it's just training but still.

Did a combo that did a total of 141 damage with only the use of one critical edge. Why aren't more people using using him? This guy has some serious potential.

Asta has potential however:
1) slow
2) easily stepped
3) lack of decent punishes (especially for -15?)

just because you got huge dmg from a CE doesn't mean you'll be able to land it so easily against seasoned players, and as you said...it's training mode

Asta's guaranteed worst char in game. The game won't let you win v. pat, maxee and viola due to story cannons.

Also, scrubz b bad at playing Asta.

I beat a maxi player earlier. But vs. pat I can understand. Pat can just rush in but he does the same thing to night and siegfried.

Ironically I am having a much much easier time using astoroth against characters like natsu as opposed to when I used siggy.

He have some potential, and I think is very well balanced. However, it seems to be a great character against inexperienced people but not that good against hardcore players. The reasons has been explained by zero.

Asta's guaranteed worst char in game. The game won't let you win v. pat, maxee and viola due to story cannons.

Also, scrubz b bad at playing Asta.
Definitely not the worst. He has one of the best comeback games.
Asta has potential however:
1) slow
2) easily stepped
3) lack of decent punishes (especially for -15?)
Idk about easily stepped. 66(K) basically hits with a 360 degree range, the other two forms of 66K are pretty hard to step. Plus hist 63214 grabs are basically impossible to step. 22B is hard to step on reaction. Idk if it's even possible.

In most cases when you use 22b you are probably doing it when they don't really have the frames to step anyway i imagine.

As far as being steppable, astaroth has an arsenal of step kills like 44a, 4a, 3a+b etc. Moves like bullrush are practically impossible to step, 4b will track up close blah blah.

I think astaroth has his share of problems but I don't think step kills are one of them haha

In most cases when you use 22b you are probably doing it when they don't really have the frames to step anyway i imagine.

As far as being steppable, astaroth has an arsenal of step kills like 44a, 4a, 3a+b etc. Moves like bullrush are practically impossible to step, 4b will track up close blah blah.

I think astaroth has his share of problems but I don't think step kills are one of them haha

Uhm... in my experience bullrush is easy to step... Sometimes even the from crouch-version(FC3K).
But the charged one is another story...

22B can even without BE be a bit tricky to step ´cause it has a strange hitbox sometimes.

Definitely not the worst. He has one of the best comeback games.

Idk about easily stepped. 66(K) basically hits with a 360 degree range, the other two forms of 66K are pretty hard to step. Plus hist 63214 grabs are basically impossible to step. 22B is hard to step on reaction. Idk if it's even possible.

fair enough 66(K) has infinite range, BR itself is hard to step I'll give you that, however, 66(K)'s startup frames are quite high and impact frames vary depending on range, depending on the player and character Asta could theoretically be poked out of 66(K)...as for BR, it's fast, TC's but almost any decent ranged i15, TC move can cop out any mixups...if I was good I would do these ._. but I'm not, so GG's sir.
22B is a lot like NM's not hard to step, but not easy either, the fact that it's mostly done on wakeup is what makes it so difficult to avoid

Back