Women wearing makeup: How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about makeup on women?

• Total voters

IdleMind

BANNED FOREVER
This question is particularly aimed at anyone who is sexually attracted to females, be they straight men or lesbians, bisexual women, etc. That said, I'd like to hear about the personal points of views from straight women as well.

How do you feel about women wearing makeup?

Me personally, makeup is always a turnoff for me. It's the equivalent to physical lying, as far as I'm concerned... but I don't exactly have a mainstream point of view on most things. I also feel like makeup is an industry of exploitation as well, implying you aren't good enough looking so use these products to "fake it".

I think this topic, as innocent as it sounds, touches on alot of interesting subtext- gender roles, societal expectations and just plain "what is beautiful, what is attractive?" type questions.

If you can think of more poll choices too, let me know. I tried to cover a many viewpoints as I could think of this early in the morning.

Well, I think makeup is not so bad when it's not over the top. Girls who always wears makeups can seem weird without them. Than the exact opposite is; a girl usually lives without a makeup wears extreme makeups, can turn out to be either beautiful or funny.

So tell to tell the truth, if a girl doesn't use makeups too much, she is rather more "sympathetic" than the showy ones imo.

I don't find makeup to be attractive. I don't get the appeal of dark spots around your eyes, or fake color on your cheeks and lips. I don't like how girls are so obsessed about making themselves look attractive to guys.

Most girls don't need makeup to look beautiful. It's not like you're 45 and have wrinkles all over your face or something. I wish people can just be more comfortable about their own natural image.

I'm heavily against it, and seeing so many skin bleaching products in Afghanistan (from lots of big name Stateside companies) only reaffirmed a lot of my beliefs on the subject. Still, at the end of the day, it's not my body; if a girl wants to go out wth her war paint for whatever reason, that's her perogative.

Most of the time it's just too much, often way too much.
Most of the time it's also unnecessary and doesn't enhance the woman's appearance.
A little bit of decent, fitting make-up in the right places does turn me on though.
But i think it shouldn't be used on a regular basis.

Hey what about us bisexual guys?! This is an outrage Idle i demand you make a whole topic about it j/k.

Me personally i don't find anything outside of lip stick/lip gloss to be remotely attractive. Women and their natural beauty is way more alluring then hiding in their Halloween get-up all year around. If a girl wants to do it on special occassions thats her choice and i would respect it. Everyday is a bit to much for me and would eventually turn me off because the same woman i had been staring at all through out the day time would not bee the woman im going to bed with at night.

I am all for women falsely representing their looks to get a competetive edge in this matter. It is as the old adage goes "If you are not cheating, you are not trying." It isn't really to dupe men but to one-up other women anyway. The problem is as iKotomi said it tends to look completely unnatural and isn't attractive. Even when it does look like you are not wearing makeup, you could always....you know...not wear makeup. So I personally just say no due to personal preference.

too-much-makeup.jpg

^shits hot!

In all seriousness, make up is fine and all but I honestly don't think girls need to wear it all the time, if anything it should be on special occasions only.

As long as they look good without it, I have no problem with them wearing it. My personal preference is either no makeup or light makeup. If she could be mistaken for someone who should be in the circus somewhere taming a lion, then we have problems.

As for makeup being a physical lie, I don't mind because women are going to lie about something whether it's physical or not. Just remember that the cake is a lie.

i think its alright if women use make up as long as theyre secure with their natural look and dont see it as a necessity to be beautiful. I agree with idle to an extent that big industries exploit it to the detriment of women's self esteem though, making them believe that their natural skin isnt good enough or that having a blemish here or a wrinkle there makes u hideous. I dont think its harmful though when women use it as an accessory to a look.

I don't mind it. Some women wear make up to hide any blemishes or bad acne. I mean my girlfriend does it but I don't mind. Even if she was all natural she still be looking good!!!=)

so, idlemind, would you extend your opinion on the matter to encompass jewelry as well? what about nice clothes?

men are expected to buy nice things, houses, cars and whatnot. it is how we accessorize to make ourselves more attractive.

i don't see women wearing makeup as a lie. i see women not wearing makeup as lazy and unworthy of the attention given to their competition. it doesn't matter if you are naturally beautiful. if you can't take a little bit of time to show that you are putting effort into being attractive, you got nothing.

this isn't a double standard. would you expect a woman to be attracted to you if you decided, tomorrow, to stop shaving and trimming your face and neck because it is "a lie"?

men have to adhere to the same rules and are subject to the same judgement. the difference is that instead of putting on makeup, we have to perform other maintenance. if you are not clean cut/shaven/well dressed, then i am too good for you. end of story.

it isn't about hiding skin blemishes or changing tone or accentuating natural beauty. it is about effort and diligence in finding a mate. i'm willing to spend 10 minutes out of every day to make myself look better for others. if you can't do the same, we simply aren't in the same league.

it baffles me that i am the only one so far who sees it as a requirement.

lobo I don't intend to discuss my position on the matter. I simply wish to state it in the interest of disclosure as part of a first post with a poll. It's only fair I give my position before asking others for theirs.

I will say you do bring up interesting points of discussion however and thank you for that insightful post on the nature of human attractiveness-as-normal-competition.

I don't know about you, but wearing a tie and shaving doesn't cost me nearly as much time and money as it does to put on makeup every day for work. When a man shaves and puts on a tie, it's to show that he's putting effort to not look like a slob. Women can do that without putting on makeup, but it is expected of them anyways.

Back