Video Game Music: Best OSTs

Personally, the only versions of Dancing Mad that I like are the first three before the last one. I never really liked the last theme all that much. It sounded way too upbeat to me. Also, I'm not a big fan of the FFVII OST either. I think the only theme I liked was maybe Sephiroth's theme. Not One Winged Angel, just his character theme, if you know what I mean.

Haha. I only like the introductory drums in Dancing Mad #4 for the first 7 seconds. It's probably not even worth mentioning the track as a whole. All the other ones I can listen to the bulk of, though.

Well my list of best ost

The Legendo of Zelda, in particular OoT, and Tp
The World End With You
Soul Calibur IV
Final Fantasy VII and XIII
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Resident Evil 4
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Bayonnetta

no order

Megaman X4
Valkyrie Profile
Evolution 1 (dreamcast)
Panzer Dragoon (all the saturn games)

lots of other good ones though

I have to punch you now Vincent xD I was just about to make a post like this.
This is my favorite from an Under rated VGM

That is a rip-off of Hunting High and Low by Stratovarius. Quite a few DBZ Budokai songs are. Their best is the Infinity rip-off in my opinion. Look up the band if you like the music. Personally they are a guilty pleasure of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2l8KtdQ7Ek

Anyway here is mine:
Killer Instinct: Outside of Guilty Gear osts my favorite Fighting game soundtrack of all time
Legend Of Dragoon: Maybe it is just nostalgia but I think it had some great tracks such as the castle theme, menu theme and even the cheesy opening track.
Final Fantasy 5: Black Chocobo theme is the true masterpeice but Battle On the Bridge is more popular and still great.
Devil May Cry: Greatest soundtrack ever? Almost every theme brings out an emotion in me wheter it is excitement of foreboding. The FIRST game only I listened to twos online and it was solid but not great, I hate 3's OST honestly and 4's was okay but they raped Lock and Load so fuck them. The first was just the perfect mixture of creepy haunting mood music and blood-pumping rock. RED HOT JUICE FTW!
Legend of Zelda Oot/MM: Yeah not really suprising but I actually like MM's better.
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: I just can't explain it........ it's just zany and great.
Guilty Gear: Nothing needs to be said.
Yoshi's Story: Why are they singing about airports? I don't know but I can never forget it.
Nier: I would like to say a underrated gem but it is actually usually getting the acknowledgement it deserves.
Soul Blade: Probably the best SC soundtrack even surpassing SCI.
Wild Arms 2: Arguably my favorite RPG soundtrack. The western town themes are great and disc 1 of it was one of only a handful of games I always HAD to watch the intro every time I turned the game on due to the song.
Arc the Lad- Twilight of Spirits: One of the weaker games in the series. Most is only okay but the song Ordeal remains my favorite battle theme in rpg history.
Final Fantasy 7: People are right on this one. While I love to tear this overrated game a new asshole I will admit its soundtrack is one of FFs best in terms of setting the atmosphere. The Gold Saucer theme set the 'fun' theme' and Sephiroths (Actual) leitmotif set a good sense of dread. Game could still be beaten by a labotomized mokey though.
Civilization II: Once again I don't know what to say it is simply excellent.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Is not the generic chanitng main theme it is that freaking Ashley's theme which I have had stuck in my head for practically a week at a time before. The strangest part is I have only played the game ONCE in my life. One of the biggest earworms ever in my opinion. Just so damn catchy.

Power Stone
Super Smash Bros Melee & Brawl
Tekken 2
Tekken3
Tekken Tag 1
Tekken 5 and DR
Tekken 6
Sonic Adventure 2
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Marvel VS Capcom 1-3
Capcom VS SNK 1 and 2
BattleArena Toshiden 1
Soul Calibur 1 2 and 3
Mortal Kombat 3
Mega Man X 1-6
Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
Bayonetta
Mario Kart Series

As my list is kinda huge I've put it into spoilers.
OK, here are my favourite soundtracks!!

Soul Blade
The Intro only

Soul Calibur 2
Raise thy sword
Nothing to lose
If there were any other way
Hellfire
Unwavering Resolve
Chasing Death
Windshadow
Hubris
History Unfolds
Maze of the Blade (The main Soundtrack)
No Turning Back
Ordinairy Pain

Soul Calibur 3
The Intruder
Forsaken Sanctuary
Hour of Destiny
The Ordeal
Under a Black Curse
No Regrets
World Distortion

Soul Calibur 4
Seize your Destiny
Phantasmagoria
Immaculate Pledge
Breakthrough
Destiny will Tell
Lost in the Mirage
Valiant Heart
Halcyon Harbour
Gigantesque
Glacial Colosseum
Reign of Doom
Spark of Fate
Thanatos
The Supreme Sword
Tempered Soul

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Isle Of Creation
Destiny Will Tell
Midnight Mystique
A Silent Prayer

Tekken 3
Xiaoyu's both themes

Tekken 4
Jet
Laboratory
Parking Lot Theme
Arena Stage Theme

Tekken 5
Unforgiven
Moonlit Wilderness
Ground Zero Funk

Tekken 6
Anger of the Earth
Azazel's Theme
Noh Theatre
City After Dark
Fallen Colony
Queen's Harbour

Tomb Raider 1
I like all of the soundtracks, but my most favourite is the one you listen when trying to beat Natla (Well, you can escape without beating her, there's no need to kill her, spare her life)

Tomb Raider 2
The music you listen to in Venice
The music of the selection screen
The music you listen to when riding the snow mobile

Tomb Raider 3
All of them

Tomb Raider 4
All of them

Tomb Raider 5
All of them

Tomb Raider 7
The Nepal theme
The music you listen to when you are at Lara's house

Tomb Raider Anniversary
Natla's Theme (Meh you have to kill her here, or at least that's what you think :P)
The music you listen to when you are at Lara's house

Tomb Raider 8
All of them, but I really love the pieces of music that can be heard in the Mediterranean level

Ok my rest favourites are the soundtracks of: Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil Director's Cut (Saferoom), Crash Twinsanity, Crash Tag Team Racing, Kula World, LittleBigPlanet 1&2, Sims 2 (PC) and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas...

That's my list so far, but I may change my mind anytime ^^

Anyone notice how similar Janet Jacksons "all nite" is to Assault Rigs "Industrial Zone A"for the record I did not post this because I seen the first comment on youtube. I owned this game since it came out then lost it and bought it again. Speaking of which I need to rip the redbook audio sometime from the game.

I actually stumbled upon Janets song All Nite on the radio in a taxi when I was in the Philippines. When I heard it start up I thought I was gonna cream myself because my first though was vgm then reality came down hard on me and I was like "Oh some garbage ass pop song raping my nostalgia." I later found out it was that washed up wrinkled ass ho bag Janet. Lastly I swear I posted this before but oh well

You don't gotta lie.

Okay Vincent I'm lying about everything you caught me go you.

Watched probably one of the best starcraftbw finals I have seen in awhile. In the closing ceremony, the winner is introduced with an SC2 track...I was like whaaat! Awesome.

My best OST list ;

Sanitarium
Curse of Monkey Island
LBA 2
Blood
Aquaria
Prince of Persia serries had always good music imo
Soul Calibur games
Silent Hill

I can't remember more for now that is all.

Back