Toronto SC4/SF4 tourney. March 14, 2009

page

[11] Champion
Here are my half of the vids, Kyper got all the others, including all the finals. Hopefully he can upload them without too much trouble.

I guess I'll make the obvious excuses for the quality: this was the worst TV there, so dark and blurry that we actually had to repick stages a few times just so we could see what the hell was going on. The camera enhanced the output well enough that I think you can see what's going on. Also, I was very tired and there were a whole lot of SF players bumping into me, which I'm not used to.

Good matches all around, especially Wallace. He's my boy! <3 Nightmare. Kyper got all of OOF's insane counterpicking towards the end, and I hope we get to see that. I lost to Ember, and I totally deserved it, if only for trying to land Mina's UB on her so many times (I said I would hit someone with it, or lose in the attempt). Then she went and threw her match against Stryder. :P

Rest of the vids, from Kyper:

Finals

Haha I did not throw my match against him. I just lost because I've played with him so much (mostly online) and I underestimated him. =__=

But he paid for dinner and drove me home so it all works out. =D

Thanks for uploading the videos Page!

Wow silentwall is a really good NM (goes off and studies the vids). Sick vids guys. Seems like SF4 was generating alot of excitement in the background.

Updated with Kyper's vids. Quality is fine, even if there are a few dropped frames here and there. First time hiccups, that's life.

Some good matches. Good finals, too. Amy is too strong! And Lawrence decides that if he's going 0-2 he's doing it with Tira, then comes THIS CLOSE. O_o

Kyper's vid descriptions make me appreciate life.

STD: Too solid son! You did the dang thang my nicca!

Oof: Not enough Pokemon you lazy bum.

Page: Glad you Rocked that Taki. The KKK/2K "mixup" spam annoyed me for some reason lol.

Silentwall: Solid as always. Playing your Nighty online is serious business, and you're one of the people I definitely wanna play offline someday.

Lawrence: Good shiz reppin' Tira! Surprised 4A+B hit at all. After GS 3B I suggest 22B. It's more damage, takes less HP, and gives you better options for non-techers.

Btw that App vs Yoda casual was the funniest thing ever.

Miko, you have no idea. I was just sitting there thinking "He's not going to do it AGAIN." And then I just decided, fuckit, Rock time.

Thanks Page and Kyper uploaded those vids.

Ember, who wins the most online?

Page, haha..... thanks your support.

Dino, you don't like my name?

Hi, HKN. Thank you. =) Soul tough!!! XP

docvizzo, Yea. STD's Amy is somethings else from Mars. His brother is the same.

Thanks Engared and mikosu. Probably not good, but I think I just have a different style. Because I still use 1A as one of my main moves for Nightmare. lol.........

Thanks Page and Kyper uploaded those vids.

Ember, who wins the most online?

Page, haha..... thanks your support.

Dino, you don't like my name?

Hi, HKN. Thank you. =) Soul tough!!! XP

docvizzo, Yea. STD's Amy is somethings else from Mars. His brother is the same.

Thanks Engared and mikosu. Probably not good, but I think I just have a different style. Because I still use 1A as one of my main moves for Nightmare. lol.........

I've been using 1A since the game is out till now.. it's still a decent move... the way you use it is similar to the way i use it

-LAU

Lol page, I'm not sure why after 2B+G, 9B you didn't do 9B again, it does a fair bit more damage than 2A+K, or were you banking on the JF tech? Also Not sure if you know this, but after 2B+G I think B+K is guarenteed, which means you can use grounded B+K okizemi/techtraps.

LAU, hahaha.... Probably I use 1A too much that makes me worse on the game play. I know an unique style doesn't mean good.

How come no NM players follow up NSS [A] NSS K combo with 11B or 33B? I think its effective. I do commend you silentwall for those 9Ks real baller man .

Back