Toronto Regionals + TO vs Buffalo vids

page

[11] Champion
Toronto Regionals + TO vs Buffalo vids ALL DONE!

Why is this taking so long? Surprise family visit. That's all I've got to say.

First, I just want to say sorry, OOF. I really thought I'd gotten your early matches, but I'd been recording Wallace because I wanted to prove that NM isn't a bottom feeder and I was sure Wallace would get somewhere. That, and I recorded my own matches because I never do and I just felt like it. O_o

That out of the way, here's what I did get:

2-0 for SilentWall
I'm torn about this one. In the background you can hear STD getting knocked into Losers by Jug's Yun, which is an upset I did not see coming, otherwise I would have recorded it for sure. Let that be a lesson for all: Don't fuck around with secondaries (or rusty former mains) when shit is on the line.

I recorded this one instead because 1: <3 Wallace, and 2: Wallace needs to see other Nighty's in action, because you need some bigass combos, man! Solid pressure otherwise, and some nice moves from Riches.

2-0 for Russel
Not much to say about this one. Russel playing solid, and he's damn near impossible to stop when he gets going. Freak 8A+K whiff was kind of a heartbreaker. :/

2-1 for OOFMATIC
Wish I'd thought of a blind pick before the match. Not saying it would have helped me, at all, but man is Rock vs SK ever brutal. Random ground throw whiff in the second round was pretty lame, too. I thought I may have even had a bit of a chance when OOF pulled out the Hilde ('cus I'm dumb like that), but not on that stage.

Other than that, thanks for the lending me the stick, Kowtow. Wish I'd have some time to warm up on it, but I was still pleased as punch just to have it.

I kept the OOF's counter-picking in this time, but damn. Let me just say: I'm glad I brought an extra pair of batteries.

2-0 for ChaCha

Can't really speak about the characters since I'm not very familiar with either X or Cervy, but I know Cha's X is slippery as a greased-up trouser snake. And he was playing very solid that day, too. Excellent spacing and punishing.

2-0 for Valei

Sucks to get a Hilde beatdown at your first tourney. Nothing else to say, except maybe that staying with the Cage might have been a good idea. ;o

2-0 for page

This time I had Valei to thank for the stick. But godamn is that thing ever massive!

I didn't play so great in this one. Took me some time to get used to everything. Good game to BJ. Astaroth can be pretty scary. Hope to play you again sometime soon.

2-1 for SilentWall

This one's for all the Nightmare haters. Vints plays one of the toughest Sophies around, very hard to deal with for anyone. After losing a close first set, Wallace pulls ahead and eventually delivers a convincing victory. Excellent spacing and Yomi and good use of his tools. <3 Wallace.

2-0 for Muffins

This is why Vints is a force. His Sophie is just plain old hard to deal with. When you're getting 236B'd off of blocked 2As you know you're in trouble.

2-0 for Pyrozamfir

Good game to Pyro. He beat me pretty bad here, so it's back to the drawing board vs Siegy. Niggling input problems on my part certainly didn't help, either.

2-1 for OOFMATIC

Just want to say sorry for the framing. There were 2 TVs in a corner, and you can see Jeff keeps moving his head into the shot. That's because the camera was pretty much looking over his shoulder while he played his match to the left. I should have set up better, but I didn't think OOF would keep sticking his head into the frame like that. :o

Dino lucks out with a cage match in the first set, but even so it looked like OOF might take it. The next stage they get is a split, since it has 3 walls and is of decent size. Even so, OOF takes the next set with ROs. Dino starts to get his act together, keeping distance and stepping to try and force OOF to whiff his charged Bs, and he looked like he might have taken it, but in the last round he has his back to the wall and got a little cocky. OOF wins, but it was a tight match.

2-0 for Muffins

Valiant effort from Pyro, but Vints is like a godamn machine. Ducking JF a:G:a on reaction? :/

2-0 for DINO

Surprisingly short. Voldo gets his rape on, and if you don't know what to watch for there's not much you can do about it.

2-1 for neorussel

A real back and forth match. Russel comes out of the gate strong, taking 2 easy rounds. But Dino comes back to dominate the next 3 and wins the first set. He takes the momentum into the next few rounds, but eventually Russel gates his game going and even gets himself a flashy internet finish.

3-0 for OOFMATIC

OOF consults his pokedex and decided on Lizardman for taking down Wallace's Nightmare. It was a good choice; Wallace is denied his best low punishers when WRB and FC3B prove completely inconsistent against crawl stance, and he can't come up with a solution in time.

3-1 for neorussel

This was a great match. Almost every round was close, and both players show amazing defence. In the end, though, Russel proved that his bag of tricks is nearly bottomless and pulls out all the stops on his way to victory.

4-1 for OOFMATIC

A lot of tight rounds here. But OOF's Talim is beastly. A well deserved win.

Full list of coming vids:

Muffins vs Dino

Battle for the GET THE MONEY Belt -- Toronto vs Buffalo

I guess Vints really wanted that belt. Buffalo came close a few times, but his Sophie proved too tough a nut for them to crack. Looking forward to the rematch!

Right now I'm uploading them in the order I recorded them, because I'm lazy like that. If there's a match you'd like to see sooner, just let me know and I'll work on it next.

Thanks for the vids page. Buffalo is anxious to see ourselves get raped, so we can learn from it >_<;

thanks again for the effort, you are truly worthy of Bangoo.

cha cha

Page, u GI well and throw a great bit, but your Rock definitely lacks movement. I don't think you've stepped once. Blocking all those attacks lead to CF. Against apprentice who's difficult to throw, you have to use pokes such as 2K. It's essential for it's speed, it's one of Rock's fastest attacks. Also, you could've used command throw a bit more...somehow i doubt you did ;) btw 2A+K RCC 1A is combo and a tech trap, that's in case GT gets iffy hehehe.

Mina, i think if you worked on your defense, and were more precise with the range of your attacks, you would be an even greater force. As it is now, your moveset seems a bit limited as well. eg, zero 66A, 22A, 2K at close range, autoGI (attempts 94B+K mainly). 2A+B, FC 1B, 9B+K usage was really great though. I wasn't really sure about the 2A+K though...but it was working for u. I'd like to see some more...of your casuals preferably, s nerves play a big part in tourneys.

My Stylish Yoshi would be nice. LOL
The first time Dino beat me and then the 2nd time I beat him.
Actually the 2nd vid is better because of my comeback. LOL sorry dino

Page, u GI well and throw a great bit, but your Rock definitely lacks movement. I don't think you've stepped once. Blocking all those attacks lead to CF. Against apprentice who's difficult to throw, you have to use pokes such as 2K. It's essential for it's speed, it's one of Rock's fastest attacks. Also, you could've used command throw a bit more...somehow i doubt you did ;) btw 2A+K RCC 1A is combo and a tech trap, that's in case GT gets iffy hehehe.

Mina, i think if you worked on your defense, and were more precise with the range of your attacks, you would be an even greater force. As it is now, your moveset seems a bit limited as well. eg, zero 66A, 22A, 2K at close range, autoGI (attempts 94B+K mainly). 2A+B, FC 1B, 9B+K usage was really great though. I wasn't really sure about the 2A+K though...but it was working for u. I'd like to see some more...of your casuals preferably, s nerves play a big part in tourneys.

I'm not going to lie: I was resigned to a loss when OOF picked SK. I know I should step more, but I don't know which way to step his BB, and I knew all he was going to do was BB, AAB mix-ups. It's my own fault, but I didn't have a stick and I'd just borrowed Kowtow's before the fight, so I wasn't warmed up for the command throw. You probably noticed how surprised I was that I even got a JF PT out. I really need to get a PS3 stick. :/

With Mina I figured that if OOF wanted to keep distance I was going to let him. LAU suggested it to me, and it made sense for that match-up. I could have done it better, but I didn't want to move in a lot with 66A and the like. Again, if I'd warmed up more (my own fault), I might have been up to doing something more. Against Hilde I still don't know what to do, that's something I need to work on, and hopefully I can get some games in with OOF before the next tourney.

I'd record more casuals, but honestly I don't get many. I don't have the game at home anymore, so the only times I play is when I go to someone else's place. I had a few practise session with OOF before the tourney, but he doesn't like to record his casuals that much and I play with my stick there, so it doesn't really reflect how I play in tourneys (which is with a pad).

I'm still uploading, but a few of the vids have given me problems. Namely, my match with Pyro. For whatever reason it won't process or upload properly.

I'll have them all done in about an hour and a half. I'm just waiting for youtube to finish processing them right now.

Next time I promise not to be dumb and keep attacking from like -30. Jeez.

"Nationals" doesn't mean quite what it used to, eh?

Canada is morally opposed to avoiding 2nd hits in reactionable strings.
Voldo's 66A+B, K? Stand there.
Hilde's 3B, A? Stand there.
Asta's 66A, B? Stand there.
etc. etc. etc.

We can find flaws in SC2 for you, too, if you'd like.

Anyway, thanks for the negativity. LOL. Please die in pain and suffering soon!

"Nationals" doesn't mean quite what it used to, eh?

Canada is morally opposed to avoiding 2nd hits in reactionable strings.
Voldo's 66A+B, K? Stand there.
Hilde's 3B, A? Stand there.
Asta's 66A, B? Stand there.
etc. etc. etc.

And your scrub ass can beat these guys?

Its one thing to see a video and be like "oh you can duck that, step that, blah blah"

Its another thing altogether to do in MID-TOURNEY with the pressure is on and there is a whole list of moves you're looking for.

Anyways...who are you?!?!

Back