~Time to Fly! v1.1~ Siegfried Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
... really. I did not know that.

Thanks for elaborating.

hmm, should I edit my earlier post?

No worries we all make mistakes. And if it wasn't something silly you'd notice it easier, like the placement of a colon. As well Drake after SBH B you can hit them with 44 and be left with good oki options.

hum, could you elaborate on those oki options?

44B, going into SBH... I'd assume you have SBH B and SBH [K] to work with, both mids...

I'm not 100% on oki to begin with (my own definition is just "hit the guy when he's lying there") but, Siegfried also can choose to intentionally attack the SG (like choosing to do 3B SCH B instead of 3B SCH K), so, I'd appreciate that if you explained that to me.

SBH K is a tech trap for 30 ish, and if the opponent doesn't tech you might be able to sneak in either of the options you mentioned.

Oki (long form is okizeme [sp?]) is just the art of the anti-wake up, SC4 has alot of options in this with tech traps giving you great damage on opponents getting off the ground. Or if they learn not to tech you can punish them with moves that hit grounded.

And as you mention Siegfried's also solid against the soul gauge and SBH B on wake-up does massive damage. So those are just a few options. If you want you can also go into SRSH for pressure and mix-up or sidehold for safer mix-ups.

after SBH B, I`d normally use 44B and then use the mix ups that pryo was talking about but I just use too things, if I think they will get up then SBH K will catch them, if I think they will lay there then SBH does a nice job and if they block it, its damage to there SG.

also with that CH 6K a+kA2A combo (this also works with CH SSH K), if they land near a wall then from what I can see, 1AA is yours for the taking, can someone plz verify?

also CH 3A near the edge or wall also gets you a 1AA but its temperamental.

1AA near walls works when it wants to. (second hit whiffs, first hit whiffs, second hit gets blocked...) I wouldn't use it in either situation.

I guess I'll have to start using 44B~SBH after SBH B. Thanks.

I just thought I would add that if the opponent stays on the ground after you rushed him/her down and they like to do the whole rolling thing,

1AA

and

a+kA:2AA are NC

just be careful not to wait too long to do these moves or people will get up quick and block.

What you do after 44[ B ] on ground-hit is the following:

SBH B vs people that play dead
SBH K vs people that tech up reflexively
6B+K~SRSH mix-up vs people that tech to your right

Its a lot of fun, because people are under a lot more mental pressure while waking up than in a regular mix-up situation.

So here's an interesting 62 damage combo. Would like additional confirmation so make sure to check my work.

a+k[A] SCH A. Only two hits will connect when not in a corner. When in a corner, all three connect. Really interesting. I dunno if this is practical, though.

You're a taaaaaaad late. Check the first post, which doesn't list a+kA but rather 22_88kA (same move).

Good move, but I can never be bothered to use it. I should...

problem with a+k[A] combos, the reason why 3 is a better punish because at mid range, the SCH K will whiff and the SCH A will be blocked.

Found something, not sure how useful this is. Looks rather promising.

44 SBH A+B will combo at tiprange, and it will RO if the opponent attempts a right ukemi.

On a separate note, what way must you tech to get out of the 44 SBH B and CH WS SCH k SBH B tech traps?

44B SBH B can't be teched out of. If your hitbox is small enough (say you're playing Talim), you can make Sieg whiff by just laying there.

as for the CH combo, I think you need to tech... right?
Don't quote me on that.

I've just began fooling around with Sieg. One thing I'm curious about.

Is this a combo? SRSH B, 44BB

It does 79 damage (more if opponent try to tech). I was in a hurry so I couldn't try it out to much, but I wasn't able to both tech and block this combination. Tried against Sieg.

It should be side-techable. You can train people to stay down after eating the 1st hit with 44~SBH K and 44~SRSH mix-ups, though.

SRSH'B,1AA is also very good. They get 65+ damage plus RO possibility if they ukemi. and like around 60 damage if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back