Things to Fix for the Next Update

neorussell

[10] Knight
Hey Guys,

I'm compiling a list of things that should be changed when and hopefully another SC update comes. I will be doing this in Video format because i'm pretty sure when I created the first Algol Infinite vid, Namco LISTENED. I could not even do my Semi-infinite on the first video anymore.

I figured, why not give it a shot and make another one showcasing other characters bugs and should not have or be nerfed. This way, we can somehow control what needs to be patched or not.

I don't want people just posting things with out explanation.
If you think a certain move or combo should be Nerfed, please explain and I'll add it to the list. No explanation means, it will not be included. Of course you can argue about what they are posting but if it's mentioned. Possibility of it being in the video is high unless somebody says that's not broken at all. Fair enough right?

Let's all help each other make this the 2nd Best Soul Calibur game ever (SC2 being the first).

--Things I want to know about
-I'm hearing a few things about incorrect Hitboxes.
-Easy Ringout opportunities. i.e. knightmare, Hilde, and Yoshimitsu just to name a few.
-Any other things

Regarding Algol, I know if things get patched about him to another degree, he may be unbanned.

Here are a few things I am suggesting about Algol:
Bubbles for Juggles
---
9a+b - same
9[a+b] - same
4a+b - sends backwards
4[a+b] - normal
2a+b - when hitting grounded opponent, it should just stun them on the ground.
2a+b - on the air will be normal.
2[a+b] same
22_88a+b - same
---
-Bubble GI - GI flash, does not put Algol in GI animation BUT all bubbles should disappear
-Hitting Algol makes bubbles disappear
-Better Unblockable
-2-3 Bubbles at a time only
-Does not bounce off the ground or wall
-Recovery after bubble should be longer but enough for him to continue with a~b

These are just ideas, I don't want to hear your opinions.
Please do not make this another long ALGOL discussion. There is a seperate thread for that.
I don't want this thread concentrating on Algol alone.
We all have to consider every other character for a well balanced game.

NeoRussell

Maxi:

His aGIs need to start at 0 and have longer windows, namely his PSL3 and WL.
WL A shouldn't give minus on hit.
Generally needs to be a little safer.

I still have qualms about 4BK - personally, WL should've been PSL A+B while Star Gale should've been PSL B+K while keeping its GB staus and aGI'ing low attacks. But I guess that can be saved for another Soul Calibur. If any.

I'm ok with the way Nightmare is. They already nerfed him, and I can't really see Namco giving him any buffs in this generation. If anything, it'd be nice if GS :A::+::B: was fast enough to interrupt an opponent's :2::A: after some of his transitions to GS like :6::6::K::6: or GS :B::6: transitions. Also make it so a fully delayed :A::+::B: counterhit with Soul Charge becomes UB, but sacrifices it's GI properties maybe. This would create a mind game of either GI-ing the counterhit or trying to interrupt the delayed UB. I don't exactly see the second one happening, but w/e, I think it'd be cool and balanced enough. If anything, just rethink the properties of the :A::+::B: counterhit with soul charge.

Yoda:
- make it harder for opponents to mash out of his command throw
- make his moves safer in general

Algol:
-fix :4::A::+::B:_:(A)::+::(B): hitbox sometimes it hits a person straight on even at a couple character lengths away, even when there's no indication that either player was off axis. If it were to hit, make sure both bubbles hit at the same time, so we don't get two-hit super launches.
- bubbles disappear after Algol is hit, so guaranteed combos aren't interrupted by a stray bubble that rebounds off of a wall
- bubbles become translucent when too close to the camera's angle, similar to how stage walls cut-away
~ everything else is fine IMO (4 bubbles on screen, bouncing off walls, picking up off ground)

Cass still has a ridiculous time trying to 1k lizardman, needs to be fixed. Also, change it back to where the loser can decide to Retry/stage select/etc., kind of annoying that the winner has to ask them what they want to do each time.

Tira:

-Make JS 66B HIT GROUNDED, it is vital to her pressure game in JS.

-Make BT B+K, B safer on block, so the mix up is worth the risk and set up.

-Maybe reduce or remove GS damage on block, we all get what the idea is behind it, but her moves aren't NEARLY effective enough to warrant damage to herself on block. If it comes down to a critical point in the match where both opponents are at low life, she is severely limited because of this. If you are unwilling to ditch that, maybe increase the damage she gets from hitting them....something to make it justifiable.

-Give 4A+B tracking until she releases the move (you know, like you do to characters you give a crap about?), the move has very little practical application when you can hold it, and all they have to do is move and she can't track them with it regardless of how long she holds.

-Give the hitbox on [A+K] better range and a longer GI window, you know.... so it's useable...

thx Namco, we love the concept of Tira's style, but you dropped the ball on it's implementation, she seems half finished.

cha cha

Yoda:
Include his hidden moves
Let his 22_88/22K_88K actually sidestep

SK:
Work on all the shit that whiffs. .

I'd like them to eliminate moves which pick you up off the ground when rolling, like Mitsus 66BB, and eliminate vertical tracking and make 8 way run work with less of a delay.

I'd would also like that we cannot be thrown from doing 2k, 2A, or 2B. Usually I go for a throw, my opponent ducks my throw and responds with his own throw, so I duck his throw by doing 2K and get thrown despite the fact I am crouching. As throws are technically high attacks this would make the mechanics more consistent. I know this is a big change they made but they should seriously change it back because right now it makes no sense.

asta:

make PT hit full 360. it makes no sense as the animation shows it hits full circle, and although hit box was improved in 1.03, it can still whiff.

66[k] currently does near 0 SG damage while uncharged 66k breaks in ~14 hits. that makes no sense.

2b+k throw follow ups damage is scaled... it is scaled even if 2b+k is whiffed or blocked. it makes no sense. it technically shouldn't be scaled at all because other 2 hit combos ending in throws ain't scaled either such as 44[a], throw or CH 6b, low grab.

44a can still completely whiff at point blank range.

i would also like to see 6a safer on block. it is currently ~-13 and i would like to see it near ~-10 so he has a nice fast safe poke. 6a is currently astas fastest move (i12) but its unsafe on block and our next fastest move is k at i15...

I'd like to see Voldo get some useful While Jumping attacks while he is back-turned. The ones he has now act as if he is facing his opponent.

I'd like them to eliminate moves which pick you up off the ground when rolling, like Mitsus 66BB, and eliminate vertical tracking and make 8 way run work with less of a delay.

I'd would also like that we cannot be thrown from doing 2k, 2A, or 2B. Usually I go for a throw, my opponent ducks my throw and responds with his own throw, so I duck his throw by doing 2K and get thrown despite the fact I am crouching. As throws are technically high attacks this would make the mechanics more consistent. I know this is a big change they made but they should seriously change it back because right now it makes no sense.
I completely agree. Neither of those make sense, especially the throwing crap. Oh, and I was told it's always been like that in SC games. I don't remember that myself, though.

The other issue is more a pet peeve. I don't really mind that certain characters have moves that pick you up off the ground, but I have no clue why they decided to add that property to the moves they did (i.e. Yoshi's door knocker, Nightmare's double kick thing). They just make no sense visually.

Mina changes I'd want

4K and 6K to auto-GI on the first frame, or autoguard highs as well as mids.

2A+B needs to auto-GI lows

6A+B needs to be G-cancellable.

Option to ban Star Wars crap from MP.

Tira:
-Make JS 66B HIT GROUNDED, it is vital to her pressure game in JS.

-Make BT B+K, B safer on block, so the mix up is worth the risk and set up.

-Maybe reduce or remove GS damage on block, we all get what the idea is behind it, but her moves aren't NEARLY effective enough to warrant damage to herself on block. If it comes down to a critical point in the match where both opponents are at low life, she is severely limited because of this. If you are unwilling to ditch that, maybe increase the damage she gets from hitting them....something to make it justifiable.

-Give 4A+B tracking until she releases the move (you know, like you do to characters you give a crap about?), the move has very little practical application when you can hold it, and all they have to do is move and she can't track them with it regardless of how long she holds.

-Give the hitbox on [A+K] better range and a longer GI window, you know.... so it's useable...

thx Namco, we love the concept of Tira's style, but you dropped the ball on it's implementation, she seems half finished.

cha cha

Agree'd.

- In regards to Tira's self damaging mechanic, they should just take a tip from ArcSys and the way they handled ABA's Moroha Mode in Guilty Gear. Moves only self damage on hit, not block. Also, give her a limit to the amount she can self damage herself (IE disable her ability to KO herself). That way your options aren't limited even when you have a pixel of health left.

- Fix her JS 2A+B whiffing issues with Nightmare and Mitsu

Algol

- Make all on screen bubbles vanish when Algol takes damage

- Give bubbles weak clash properties

Yoda: Delete him
Apprentice: Delete him
Darth Vader: Delete him

Ivy: Needs slightly overall better frames. Give WP 6A+B slight tracking, all or nothing just doesn't work (before and after 1.03). Also, every stun faster than CL A+B (A+K), which is blocked easily on reaction, is easily escaped. Could we have at least 1 useful stun in SW? I wish SW 214 K was still K2 :(

Mina needs more depth. Perhaps some new good damage inducing JF combos? Or a special stance, not as stupid as Kilik's one. Maybe some new combo possibilities? Also, better chance for her auto GIs to connect.
Loved what AkazukinChaCha suggested for Tira. Also, Tira's longer combos should either not deal as much damage to her near the end, or decrease the damage scaling for them.

I agree with what was said about Tira....
oh and I'd like Namco to explain WHAT THE FUUUUUDGE Jolly Side 44[K] is all about.....seriously, it's like they're just pissing out the flames now.

Mina needs more depth. Perhaps some new good damage inducing JF combos? Or a special stance, not as stupid as Kilik's one. Maybe some new combo possibilities? Also, better chance for her auto GIs to connect.

This. Maybe a 2nd UB as well, but I could live with or without it.

I'll agree, Tira needs a boost, badly. Also, make some of Yunseong's moves (Like 4B, maybe 44A) safer on block. The poor guy already sucks down AA and 2A for most of his crane transitions, and it's almost pointless to have such good SC damage when you'll get hit every time. Give Mina her old 2A and 6B+K back. Nearly all of her close range options can be beaten by ducking, and her current 2A is nigh-useless.

Xianghua:
3B - NH launcher so it serves some kind of use.
66B+K damage more consistant.

Hilde:
C2 A - Does not Auto-gi mids
C3 A - Does not Auto-gi either horizont-mid or vert-mid
As long as this is changed I don't care wether she keeps the 44K juggle or not, because right now the only thing you can do against her is stand there and wait for her to spend those charge A's before you're allowed to even move.

Setsuka:
Fix tracking on 214~3B during combos.

Tira:
Remove damage to self in GS or increase damage to enemy, killing oneself with self-damage should -not- be possible. A 100% entry into GS that's practical would be nice.
Better frames on hit in JS so that she can atleast keep pressure.

If we're still talking bug fixes, then Mina and Rock are still waiting to be fixed.

Mina's FC 1B still whiffs all the time at close, and even mid range, which is costing me rounds and annoying the hell out of me.

Rock's WR B still whiffs at close range, his ground grabs still have alignment problems. When a character depends so much on getting in 50/50 ground throws it's just unfair that they're such a pain to get consistently.

There's still a bug with characters getting stuck on the edge the stage after being rung out and losing armour pieces for no reason.

If we're talking balance then that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Back