The v1.03 Patch Discussion Thread

BWmushcut

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys im a new member here, and im okay at sc4, but im wondering about one thing. What will the people with Bradygames strategy guides do when the patches come out and change things like damage and speed of attacks and stuff, and even if attacks will be able to be chainable and such. Im wondering if i should return my guide because the patches, (which im pretty sure there will be more thereof) will continue changing the game.

Patch Updates > SC4 Guide?

it still works as a decent reference for command lists and unlockables and junk like that.

however, as more patches come (which there probably will be), the guide becomes even less useful in a technical sense (though, it's arguable how useful it was in the first place).

so it really depends on if you want to keep it as a quick reference or as a real strategy guide. If it's for the former, keep it. If it's the latter, ditch it.

Most of the changes so far have been to just a few moves. If you use the Bradygames guide as a starting point, and then use the changes listed here as further reference, it should be fine.

Although honestly, anything you can find in that guide can be found here just as easily, you might as well sell it if you can get decent cash for it. If you're only gonna get like, 2 bucks store credit at GS or something, you may as well just keep it for the pretty pictures, lol.

..................If you're only gonna get like, 2 bucks store credit at GS or something, you may as well just keep it for the pretty pictures, lol.

Hey, back then I bought the SCII strategy guide especially for the pretty pictures! Its also fun to read the half-assed strategies that the authors of the guide has come up with for each character now and then
icon10.gif

Hey, back then I bought the SCII strategy guide especially for the pretty pictures! Its also fun to read the half-assed strategies that the authors of the guide has come up with for each character now and then
icon10.gif

I usually buy guides if I'm really into the game and want a collectable to go with it. For example I bought the SC2 guide and opened it once so I could keep it in mint condition.

As for your question, the guide I guess will have less use in time as the game changes, and as you learn the game. But it will always be good for a quick move look-up when you can't be bothered to go into Training Mode.

Another example of a guide being outdated but still useful is the World of Warcraft Atlas that came out early in the game's lifetime. Some of the info is now incorrect, but much of it is still useful. A bit like a real-world map would be after a few years.

The guide lists all the basic moves and they aren't changing the commands so it's an excellent reference and instructional tool. I'd gladly pay you $5 for yours, since the easiest way for me to play with characters I'm unfamiliar with is with the guide in my lap and I don't have one.

I'm hypnotised by the ass in Kowtows av.
Keep the pretty pics. Look here for all your strats. These people know stuff.

360 US Patched

yep.. and just to confirm on what i've seen so far, Yoshis a:B+K basically has a longer recovery time, making the 3A,B whiff, and making the 66B follow up from juggle techable. + the timing on iMCF off of CH a:B+K takes a bit to get used to since the move generally ends later.

Nightmare's 2A+G_2B+G pickup basically gives no advantage whatsoever. The opponent duck before you even start the back throw attempt animation.

(I know this stuff is already posted in the other thread, I'm just better explaining exactly how it happens)

360 US Patched

With Cassandra so far i found her 66 a+b (jf4) no longer works in air combos and her 66 b+k doesn't have a ground bounce so the 66 g+b grab juggle doesn't work anymore. I'll update if i see more.

360 US Patched

WHARS MY PS3 PACH?!

Frankly I hope Sets JFs haven't been made easier even if it WOULD improve my game. They're just frames for craps sake, they're supposed to be difficult!

360 US Patched

...why are you people posting all the same things that have already been posted?

if you find something different, please, post it, otherwise you have all been briefed on this before.

360 US Patched

Ivy WP 6a+b is now steppable, and very easily at that. I know it wasn't the end all of Ivy moves, but it was still obnoxious. Now it's not.

UK PS3 1.03 out.

just updated mine, so all you EU players should check now (probs US too)

Back