The final proof that Namco has Sony's dick up their butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad_Trooper

[09] Warrior
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...izoku-musou-game-gets-half-million-pre-orders

Shin Unozawa, the head of Namco Bandai Games, confirmed that Tales of Xillia and Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. each sold over a half million copies on the PlayStation 3 console, so "I feel that we've settled on it as our preferred hardware system."
So, after more then a decade of manipulating the market to piss of fans of Namco games. They've finally admitted to them liking some Sony dick.

After watching them take money from Nintendo to develop Tales of Symphonia, only to port it on the PS2. Take money from Microsoft to develop Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata, only to port it on the PS3. SC2 has the highest sales on the Game Cube, so they make SC3 PS2 exclusive. Port the Wii game; Tales of Graces on to the Ps3, and the DS game; Tales of Innocence onto the Vita. Add secret extra features in to the PS3 version of SC5. Is it any wonder that people don't want to buy your games for any other console?

Namco is a blatant Sony whore, they made the market what it is, and there is no denying it.

lol im part japanese, chances of me willingly choosing an american company over a japanese are slim xD

The PS3 is region free. Why not program for a system that everyone can play on. :p BTW, I'm enjoying Extreme Vs. :D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...izoku-musou-game-gets-half-million-pre-orders

So, after more then a decade of manipulating the market to piss of fans of Namco games. They've finally admitted to them liking some Sony dick.

After watching them take money from Nintendo to develop Tales of Symphonia, only to port it on the PS2. Take money from Microsoft to develop Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata, only to port it on the PS3. SC2 has the highest sales on the Game Cube, so they make SC3 PS2 exclusive. Port the Wii game; Tales of Graces on to the Ps3, and the DS game; Tales of Innocence onto the Vita. Add secret extra features in to the PS3 version of SC5. Is it any wonder that people don't want to buy your games for any other console?

Namco is a blatant Sony whore, they made the market what it is, and there is no denying it.

Other companies like Capcom rode with Mircosoft for years, and it didn't do them any good. So what's the big deal if companies like EA, Ubisoft, and Namco decide to favor Sony for a change? As long as companies stick with M$, it'd be okay right? That's bullshit. Namco's favored PlayStation consoles for a long time, so this doesn't surprise me. If anything they should've made certain games exclusive instead of releasing "beta-versions" on non-Sony platforms first (*cough* Tales of Vesperia *cough*).

Other companies like Capcom rode with Mircosoft for years, and it didn't do them any good. So what's the big deal if companies like EA, Ubisoft, and Namco decide to favor Sony for a change? As long as companies stick with M$, it'd be okay right? That's bullshit. Namco's favored PlayStation consoles for a long time, so this doesn't surprise me. If anything they should've made certain games exclusive instead of releasing "beta-versions" on non-Sony platforms first (*cough* Tales of Vesperia *cough*).
Exclusive?
tov-official-box.png

Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Funny, both looked exclusive to me. Both got the SonyxNamco treatment.

And why does this manner? Because I don't like being treated as second class, just because I didn't choose Sony, because I do not want to support Sony. Sony is a terrible company (not as bad as Microsoft, but still bad.) I can provide examples if needed.

WTF is Proff?

And this doesn't matter at all. If you want the games, get the system, if you don't have it, suck it up.

Both those Tales games there were better on the PS system of choice. The PS version of every rpg that started out on another console has been better because they flush the dumb shit out.
Hell it's not only Namco. Ninja Gaiden was Micro only and then transferred to PS3 and those versions were FAR better.

This doesn't fucking matter in any way. Sony and Namco are japanese companies anyway, it didn't make sense for any of these companies to TRY and be Microsoft exclusive, and now nobody is. Hell western companies have realized this too and now stuff like Mass Effect and Bioshock are multi-platform when they began 360 only.

That decision should only be made when they make a game for different systems anyway, Namco did it right going with what they believe AFTER making many games for both systems.
And it's not like Bayonetta where they made the game for one system and than ported to the other all before the release of the game in general. This method doesn't allow for any kind of knowledge or improvement and is more just to rush the game out.
And then there's the best method which is what most major game companies do now and that's just make the game for all important platforms and maximizing quality for each one, which takes more time and money but shows the goods for everyone.

EDIT: God damn i wish there was only a single gaming system. Sony makes the hardware, Microsoft makes the software, Nintendo designs the peripherals but Sony still makes them.
And then every god damn game company will make all their damn games for one damn sytem. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH LIFE WOULD BE SO FUCKING GOOD.

ClarifySimplifyImplement.gif

Nintendo is also Japanese, in case you've forgotten (this has been going on pre-Wii too). But, a list of reasons why I dislike Sony? Here you go:
  • Dumbing down the console by removing features after release, namely; the removal of Other OS.
  • Removing PS2 backward compatibility on the slim, for no other reason than to force people to pay more money for HD remakes .
  • Pretentious (and outright creepy) commercials on launch.
  • Pretentiously releasing the console at $500-600 and expecting it to sell just because it's Sony.
  • Using the pretentious launch marketing to force their way into a format war nobody wanted and makes the console arbitrarily more expensive
  • Massive data leaks.
  • Lawsuits VS people who watched a Youtube video.
Sony has made their console worse in the past 6 years by removing features they had on launch, and yet they're selling like hotcakes now!?

Oh wow look at that retarded list of reasons to give a shit.
I can do points too and i don't even care.
  • Installing other OS's BRICKED numerous consoles, so they removed the feature to save your 20lb baby.
  • They didn't remove PS2 compatibility AFTER launch, the single version that had it was the 60 gig. The original 80 and 40 gig that came out as well and all later Fat versions through NOW never had it. VERY FEW PS3 owners have ever enjoyed actually having that feature. And now my 60 gig is broken............
  • AMAZING commercials for launch, are you shitting me?
  • Those prices were incredibly fine for what was in that console bro, learn the tech and you'd see why. Especially the 60 gig because it had an entire ps2 in there as well. Not LITERALLY but hilariously. I mean hell the processor alone was like what? 1000 bucks? Isn't that why it was used by numerous scientists and tech experiments? And it's hilarious that you think you know what Sony was thinking when they launch things. "Man this thing is gonna sell like hotcakes. BECAUSE WE'RE SONY "
  • Man you use the word pretentious too much. They used nothing out of the ordinary to push their product, that was far superior in every way, out there and it won on it's own. It would only have won if people bought it and they did. It doesn't matter how much that shit cost on launch because all tech is over expensive on launch, and now it's fucking standard. This goes on in all competitive markets for any product and you're just complaining about this one?
  • Data Leaks? REALLY? That has nothing to do with Sony, they were HACKED. Hackers are the worst people on the internet bro, you should know that. Microsoft has been hacked numerous times too. Hell most major corporations have been dude.
  • No comment on the youtube thing because im not actually sure what that is you're talking about. So i can't bash you here....

So ya. Why does this thread even exist bro?
    Laughing_Man_Logo_GIF_by_Sushiman0001.gif

Oh wow look at that retarded list of reasons to give a shit.
I can do points too and i don't even care.
  • Installing other OS's BRICKED numerous consoles, so they removed the feature to save your 20lb baby.
  • They didn't remove PS2 compatibility AFTER launch, the single version that had it was the 60 gig. The original 80 and 40 gig that came out as well and all later Fat versions through NOW never had it. VERY FEW PS3 owners have ever enjoyed actually having that feature. And now my 60 gig is broken............
  • AMAZING commercials for launch, are you shitting me?
  • Those prices were incredibly fine for what was in that console bro, learn the tech and you'd see why. Especially the 60 gig because it had an entire ps2 in there as well. Not LITERALLY but hilariously. I mean hell the processor alone was like what? 1000 bucks? Isn't that why it was used by numerous scientists and tech experiments? And it's hilarious that you think you know what Sony was thinking when they launch things. "Man this thing is gonna sell like hotcakes. BECAUSE WE'RE SONY "
  • Man you use the word pretentious too much. They used nothing out of the ordinary to push their product, that was far superior in every way, out there and it won on it's own. It would only have won if people bought it and they did. It doesn't matter how much that shit cost on launch because all tech is over expensive on launch, and now it's fucking standard. This goes on in all competitive markets for any product and you're just complaining about this one?
  • Data Leaks? REALLY? That has nothing to do with Sony, they were HACKED. Hackers are the worst people on the internet bro, you should know that. Microsoft has been hacked numerous times too. Hell most major corporations have been dude.
  • No comment on the youtube thing because im not actually sure what that is you're talking about. So i can't bash you here....

So ya. Why does this thread even exist bro?​
  • Other OS was removed because of the potential to pirate games. Yet, how many people do you see suing Nintendo over the Wii's ability to emulate consoles? There might have been a case or two, but nothing big enough to hear about.
  • I guess we can say those commercials are up to the viewers taste then. I get your point.
  • Being hacked was not their fault, everything is at risk for hacking. Not encrypting the personal data table because they think they're nearly invincible? Pure Sony arrogance.
  • I apologize, that wasn't for visiting YouTube, I remembered that wrong, I looked it up again. And I should've said "Potential lawsuits".
Taking peoples personal info, (even if they didn't have the intent to sue) is just plain arrogance.

I think the OP m
Nintendo is also Japanese, in case you've forgotten (this has been going on pre-Wii too). But, a list of reasons why I dislike Sony? Here you go:
  • Dumbing down the console by removing features after release, namely; the removal of Other OS.
  • Removing PS2 backward compatibility on the slim, for no other reason than to force people to pay more money for HD remakes .
  • Pretentious (and outright creepy) commercials on launch.
  • Pretentiously releasing the console at $500-600 and expecting it to sell just because it's Sony.
  • Using the pretentious launch marketing to force their way into a format war nobody wanted and makes the console arbitrarily more expensive
  • Massive data leaks.
  • Lawsuits VS people who watched a Youtube video.
Sony has made their console worse in the past 6 years by removing features they had on launch, and yet they're selling like hotcakes now!?
is that the best you can do, I think you'll 3 of those reasons are opinions so they are invalid.
Price correlates to hardware you're given, so get over it, I mean look mont blanc, they release pens costing 10,000 which they can only do because of their reputation, dont see any one giving them jib. It's very simple if you can afford it or dont see why it costs that much ignore it.
With regards to the lawsuit, people are regularly warned about JBing devices, it's a case if you know about computer shit, programming etc you can avoid getting caught, if you dont WHY THE HELL ARE YOU MESSING AROUND WITH IT THEN.
So ya. Why does this thread even exist bro?
Because someone was in a bitchy mood

EDIT: THIS GUY ^^^^

Dude your first point doesn't makes sense. You wouldn't be able to SUE Sony for allowing you to install another OS on their device lol. That's what you just said for Nintendo, which is also wrong. But i know what you meant and NO. The Wii has gotten flack for allowing stuff like homebrew on their system and allowing mods for stuff like Brawl, Nintendo doesn't like it but they didn't go out of their way to stop it. Sony DID do out of their way to stop because, like Nintendo, they have every right too, they just chose to do it. Not to mention again, at least when it happened, doing so ruined consoles and erased data for reasons unexplained.

Oh please, AGAIN thinking you know what Sony thinks doesn't help your cause in any way. Sony not encrypting the info is at MOST their ignorance, not because they think they're god. It isn't a good thing, nor an excuse, but they don't deserve any more or less hatred than any other company being hacked. BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE.
Not to mention if you look back the encryption wouldn't have mattered for a large chunk of the info leaked and they would've gotten it anyway. Just like Amazons "encrypted info" was demolished last year as well.
It's always a series of trial and error and it takes something to happen before proper methods can be put in place to stop it. Even MORE so in the world of technology.

And the jail-breaking of the system was again, in every way, their right to go out against George. Because the world of tech evolves faster than our moral authority on it, anytime something like this happens the "potential" threat is serious enough to warrant this kind of action. Im not saying that's how it SHOULD be but that is how it IS. George, win or lose, was at fault and this case was well deserved. Sony's acquiring of all IP addresses that visited his site just falls into the "potential" threat that i said. It seems wrong but very well could be needed. At the time it was a more serious thought because we didn't think about it til it happened.
Sony had every right to do that, whether you like it or not. Not Arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back