The AMAZING SC4 Online General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super dynamic not so hatemail...

Here's the story, I beat this maxi scrub with yoshi one round. The next round starts and he gets a simple throw on me once and disconnects. Feeling like trolling, I decide to troll gently with compassion and kindness.

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg

Honestly, I found this "mildmail" rather cute and silly(no homo). It kinda feels like lovemail instead lol.

Ive been getting a ton of hatemail recently and with my new phone I'll take a pic one of these days (this time I promise I swear)

Ive developed the most powerful technique for getting hatemail thusfar

SC4_Algol.jpg

enjoy
I was thinking about making an amy guide and kilik guide in the same format!

a buddy of mine that I was in a room with got DC'd on. He thinks hes funny so he sent

Buddy: U mad bruh?

Homedude: I have a family and when clothes start coming off, I have to leave. GGs

Ive never seen that before. Thats pretty fuckin LOL!!

HRD

You know you could answer a little less condescending? I was asking because I didn't know but now I do, so thanks.

Thanks HRD ^.^
to tell the truth i always said i am not english and to me sounded a normal answer >.>
moreover the question remains
If someone told u its a lag tactic he should tell also why....

Can somebody tell me how attacking at disadvantage is a lagtactic? Came across somebody named Spuri0s and was going ape shit because I was making punishes against shit I forgot. I already know what it is I'm asking HOW it's a lagtactic.

I mean I just go with 1 red bar and mash B with mid range characters, is that considered lag tactic?
Mahahahahaha

Reactions: HRD
Can somebody tell me how attacking at disadvantage is a lagtactic? Came across somebody named Spuri0s and was going ape shit because I was making punishes against shit I forgot. I already know what it is I'm asking HOW it's a lagtactic.

I will explain using 2K NH as an example because you do do this quite a bit at least against me. 2K on NH is -4. The idea is that without lag, you have a buffer to input your next move and you can actually use your frame advantage. So, from the instant that your 2K hits me, I have the time of my flinch animation to identify that it was NH and not CH or block, decide what to do, and input it. If I do all this before my flinch animation ends, then I buffer the move in successfully and it comes out immediately after. Then, regardless of what you do, you really will be at -4.

This is actually pretty hard to do even offline perfectly because the flinch animation for something like 2K NH is so small, and identifying NH vs CH is not the easiest thing to do. However, online depending on various factors there will be at least 5 extra frames of delay. So if offline I could just do it in time, then offline I will actually be late.

Whereas, you as the aggressor know in advance you are doing 2K, and that the odds of me blocking it are very low (assuming I don't twitch duck too often). So you do 2K and then immediately buffer a BB. While I'm theoretically at +4, odds are online my input will be late and your BB will still beat out my BB.

This stuff is very grey area because it DOES work offline to some degree. So I never made a big deal of it and I still am not/will not. However, in some of our matches you would use 2K on NH into BB or attack or whatever 5+ times per round, even more. Even into grab quite a few times. If you think about it, grabbing at -4... you are only beating i21 and slower moves that don't TC. If you play offline this tactic will not work as well and you'll want to do it less. But you definitely still want to do it because attacking at disadvantage is part of the game too. Offline though you really need to prep it more, i.e. doing an auto-GI after 2K NH is a great tactic for many characters, after landing that a few times you can make your opponent passive. Then you can do all the other stuff.

Anyhow this is super grey area, so don't worry too much about any of it.

You sometimes don't even need to see wether or not the 2K is a CH because you already know you weren't inputting anything when it happened so it's safe to assume you have the frame advantage there, but yeah, using that advantage online against people who love to buffer 2K, WR B no matter what, tends to fail more often than not.

Now here's the oddmail. I apologize my dear mods for posting this, but please understand how I'm feeling. Most times I would shrug stuff off, but today wasn't in my favor. Recently, I've been just doing me like I usually do. Posting CAS with lil story, welcoming new people, and just sparring with new people and old buddies when I can....

Here's the honest story. bigClilC was someone I wanted to avoid for sometimes when I beat him long ago. I felt I shouldn't associate with someone who seemed flaky to me. However fast forward to the present, I get a challenge from him for he heard from a certain someone that I played a good Yoshi and he recently became a member of 8way. Despite feeling uneasy about him, I say fuck it and accept the challenge for I wanted to see what's he about. I get online and play.......and damn did I suck. I felt like I couldn't even punish shit. What's worse was I did horrible and couldn't even squeeze a win against bigClilC. Yet, I wasn't peeved as much when I lost to his precise and aggressive Yoshi. I was impressed he improved so much to even beat me clean and wanted to spar with him more. Sadly, I get lagged out(damn PSN) but coincidentally I was quite glad to just leave. What irked me is in this odd mail that had me appalled.

1.jpg
2.jpg

My thoughts were "Hmmm. Are you serious?" as I posted this.
6.jpg

His response.
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I literally said "WTF" aloud to myself. Yet I tried to remain civil.
7.jpg
8.jpg

His response....
9.jpg

I didn't respond to that though. And the minute I saw that popped up, I knew: that best of online talk is futile. I guess I can't have some friendly fun with this guy....

Pocky, learn to use spoiler tags if you are going to post long posts with tons of images please.

-Idle

Edit: Took the liberty of doing it for you. Entertaining read though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back