Taunting

When is taunting cool?

• You just destroyed your opponent 3-0. "What? I can't hear you over how awesome I am."

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • You just barely won a very close match 3-2. "What an accomplishment! Hooray, me!"

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • The opponent talked trash before/during the match. "The nerve! Eat it!"

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • The opponent is a noob. "lol. teh suxorz!"

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Whenever there's an opening. "Look at me dance!"

Votes: 46 31.7%
  • Never. "It's pretty stupid, actually. I'm not a douche bag."

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters
That's like saying if you lost a boxing match, your opponent is allowed to defecate on you.

I mean, you LOST. They can do whatever they want.

True, except boxers taunt their downed opponents all the time. The only difference here is that.... there isn't any, actually. You can't shit on people in SC, and you can't shit on people in boxing, but you can scream at their downed body, or crouch over it, or whatever interpretation.

I'm the first person to goof off when I win, and when other people win its no big deal if they leap around like idiots or scream their head off. GET HYPE

there should be an option to quote someone while editing XD

Picture me taunting you with the no-can-CF facepalm animation right now.

Protip: you can click the "quote" button on someone's post, then just copy the text it gives you there, and paste it while editing another post. I'll bet you're even smart enough to add quote tags from scratch to text copied from other places on the Internet.

-Or did fifth grade computer class not cover copying and pasting yet? XD XD XD

I prefer taunting, more than just pressing my opponents unconsious character to death.

I do three though so people might consider me a jerk

Sometimes when both players turtle up to full screen, and it's clear neither one wants to move forward, I taunt to signify that I'm definitely not movin'.. especially if I have more health.

....Yeah, I wouldn't do it in real life....

Naturally. Not only would most people not taunt someone else in a competitive sport, but in quite a few cases, taunting isn't even allowed under the official rules and you and/or your team will get penalized or fined.

But this is the Internet. Anonymity along with the lack of repercussions increases the asshole quotient by a factor of 2895.

20040319h.jpg

Naturally. Not only would most people not taunt someone else in a competitive sport, but in quite a few cases, taunting isn't even allowed under the official rules and you and/or your team will get penalized or fined.
That is an interesting point. Reminds me of how American football has penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Now that I really think about it, Namco is basically encouraging players to taunt each other, in view of the fact that we have a taunt command in the first place...as well as time after a round to beat up a knocked out opponent. Whatever happened to the pre-match taunt in the VS loading screen? Anyways, it'd be interesting to see a video game tournament/competition with rules against taunting and the like, but as long as Namco continues to purposefully include taunting in the game, it doesn't seem likely...not that most people have a problem with that.

-Or did fifth grade computer class not cover copying and pasting yet? XD XD XD

My 5th grade computer class was too busy covering Apple Logos and waiting for the mouse to be invented.

And hell yeah I taunted the fuck out of those deer when I got them in Oregon Trail. Bitches.

i taunted this guy ONCE after i wooped him 3 times in a row and he wrote me a hate msg saying "keep tauting" and then he proceeds to call me the f word. kids these days =[

My 5th grade computer class was too busy covering Apple Logos and waiting for the mouse to be invented.

And hell yeah I taunted the fuck out of those deer when I got them in Oregon Trail. Bitches.

Fair enough. I fail again at age guessing.

Actually I need to taunt more. I keep doing self RO and attacking dead opponents when I should be getting out of Jolly Side.
Also tira 1k is the best move to use after a kill on their body.

Fair enough. I fail again at age guessing.

Actually, you fail at knowing who you were replying to. I'm just some guy who quoted you to go on a completely random 'back in my day' rant and have nothing do with your conversation whatsoever.

Well, I don't put up with any of the taunt spamming, crouch-bounce-spamming, or overkill sheninigans. If you want to be permanently banned from playing me online, do something stupid like that. In offline, there's always the option to punch the other guy in the arm...

"won't you come closer" i believe she's saying in english. Not sure in japanese. Probably "doushite kocchi" or "kocchi kocchi" which could both work in a way. I taunt all the darn time online. I take it nowhere near seriously. Just ask poshib.

okayyyyyyyyy......... ._.

taunting at the end of a round is annoying. i will do it if someone RO's themselves. Or they are being a complete ass and I whop the fuck out of them in hopes to get them to leave. But to taunt is more or less just being an ass!!

True, except boxers taunt their downed opponents all the time. The only difference here is that.... there isn't any, actually. You can't shit on people in SC, and you can't shit on people in boxing, but you can scream at their downed body, or crouch over it, or whatever interpretation.
Taunting is cool, but beating the **** out of an already downed opponent after a match has ended is even cooler. That's what I do. :-D

BLDave did that shit to me repeatedly yesterday.

When voldo repeatedly drags his junk over you after a match it's because he loves you! In a very physical and dirty diiiiiiiiiirty manner.

He also likes to take pictures with the camera he has mounted on his face. He saves those for when he gets home, so he can post them on the webRnets. moneypit.0rg/bondagerape

This is the real manner in which Voldo and his master became so wealthy.

:D

When voldo repeatedly drags his junk over you after a match it's because he loves you! In a very physical and dirty diiiiiiiiiirty manner.

He also likes to take pictures with the camera he has mounted on his face. He saves those for when he gets home, so he can post them on the webRnets. moneypit.0rg/bondagerape

:D

I wont bother clicking on that link until i get home on my own computer rather than the one at work.

Back