Tales series Producer Hideo Baba visits my school

hoshinocomet

[14] Master
Today, my school. Singapore Polytechnic was fortunate to have members of the Tales of Xilia 2 development team, including Tales series producer Hideo Baba come visit. They talked about their plans for their studio in Singapore, the Tales franchise in general and the motif of each game in the series (e.g. for Xilia 2, it is to make "a choice "or something like that, and for Vesperia, its about " justice".).

They ended the talk with Baba san graciously giving signatures and taking photos with some of us Tales fans. I was fortunate to be able to do so, bringing my Tales of Vesperia case along.

Oh, and in case you wanna ask, the team currently has no comments on whether they are developing a Tales game for the PS4 or Xbox One. (Baba says that he has been getting this question a lot, no surprise there)

And, we come back to Vesperia - due to their focus on Tales of Xilia 2, and the fact that Vesperia is kind of an older game, there are no plans for localizing the expansion version.

Thats about all I can say.

That is really awesome. I have played the Tales games from Tales Of Phantasia(Thanks to emulators,) to Tales of Vesperia. They really are great games.

I met Baba-san before... he's really cool! He gave me this really awesome Tales of Xillia Mug...
Haha yeah. He's a fun dude.

When Super Mario Bros. first came out for the NES, Baba-san admitted that he wasn't a big fan of mushrooms, and was kinda shocked that the power up mushrooms were green and red. And in real life, those colors could mean poisonous mushrooms. =D

Back