Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

CAS affects Nightmare?

AI always reads inputs. You'll be fighting a passive opponent in TOLS or something, landing every attack you throw at them, and then all of a sudden they'll pull out an auto-GI or something and proceed to rape you for 10 seconds, and then just sit there afterwards and let you win the match.

Nightmares 2+A+B on grounded

is there ne thing special about nightmare glowing after that move? does he get special moves? different properities? can ne one help me?

Nightmares 2+A+B on grounded

he gets Soul Charge from that move. That means some of his normal moves become Guard Breaks as long as he's glowing. Refer to the Consolidated list of changes and the ongoing nightmare guide to see which ones and the conditions for Soul Charge.

New here, got a few questions

Well first, I'm an avid Nightmare player. I've mastered most of his useful moves, but need a few things clarified.

1. I see move sets posted like 33A+B. Can someone explain the numbers? I can only assume they refer to the direction on a clock, but a lot of times they appear twice in a row. I'm looking to learn some new combos/strategies so being able to understand lingo would help a lot lol. Thanks in advance.

2. D-Pad or Joystick? Haha. I gotta know.

Welcome to forum NIGHTMARE.
Nightmare is my hero LOL =P

1. you may start newbie silencer for basic and notation
and for combo and strategy you can see tiamat ongoing strategy in this sub forum
Tiamat also make a nightmare's video for the basic tech .

2. this is personal preferences.
I prefer use stick. but some move you'll find it easier to do in stick but some is harder.
if you play with nightmare I think D-pad or stick doesn't matter.
choose the most suitable and comfortable for you

for me stick is the best for fighting games
once u get used to it you'll never want to go back :)

hope this will help :)
enjoy your stay

Thanks man. I'll be browsing for some videos and tips. I'm really looking to master him. I continue to have trouble against Setsukas, Ivys, Kiliks, and Sophitias with Nightmare. I have good mid range strategy, but upclose I'm pretty average. The forward punch is basically the only move I have to get someone out of my face. But when that fails, I'm pretty much screwed.

Thanks man. I'll be browsing for some videos and tips. I'm really looking to master him. I continue to have trouble against Setsukas, Ivys, Kiliks, and Sophitias with Nightmare. I have good mid range strategy, but upclose I'm pretty average. The forward punch is basically the only move I have to get someone out of my face. But when that fails, I'm pretty much screwed.

Trouble against setsukas?
As in, you've actually faught setsukas? XD

He has more quick moves then that punch, reading up on these forums will help for sure.

People who are really good with Setsuka are abnormally ridiculous at this game. I've seem to get paired up with this guy a lot (he's a level 100+ now) and he uses Setsuka and the best I've done is make it a 3-2 victory for him.

But she's not my main concern. Players who are good when up close in general just give me problems. I need to know other counters besides the forward punch to get them out of my face so that I can go into my strategic combo sets. :)

3 consecutive horizontal slash move

Hello all,

The only mid-low mixup move I know for Nightmare is the 3A (mid) > 3A (low) move.. I've seen players in videos and online who would do a quick 3-consecutive horizontal slashes (one or two of the slashes hit low).. I've been trying to read through the move sets here but is still unable to figure out how to do that particular move... I've seen players launch that move in Night Side stance but I am not 100% sure...

Can anyone help and point out the correct inputs for that move? Thanks!

i think you are looking for WS AA. I could be wrong but thats the only move i can think of that looks like what you are describing. Pretty sure they are both mids though.

A2AA in normal stance. Head-height slash, then two leg slashes. First will knock down if it hits, second juggles.

sounds like A2AA to me

if that's not it, you can link a video and tell us when you see the move

I probably phrased it wrong. The first slash just hits them at shoulder height, normal for NM's standing A. The 2AA afterwards are the hits that sweep off the feet and juggle.

It's a pretty good move if the opponent isn't expecting it. Unfortunately it looks very different after the first animation than his AAB, so it's not like you can really headgame with it. Just don't use it much, and when you do it can be more significant. I also like that you can hold A and immediately go into NSS for mixups (not so useful against aggressive people, or enemies that tech a lot of stuff high though... Sisters, I'm snarling at you).

Back