State of Decay.

Ghengis_John

[13] Hero
Hey there. Do you like hardcore RPG's? Do you like zombies? How would you feel about a survival sim RPG with zombies in it?

If you're still here and you have an XBOX or PC then allow me to introduce you to State of Decay. Set to arrive SOON (tentatively, June 5th) it sounds like it's trying to be the zombie game I always wanted. Something like a mix of New Vegas in Hardcore mode and Dead Rising, instead of focusing on mowing down wave after wave of the undead you're focusing on survival. Managing personalities, building hideout defenses, avoiding starvation through scavenging and farming, keeping quiet and avoiding roving hordes. Did I mention there's permadeath?

IGN's opinion is that it's "a little janky but we love it." I can't guarantee you it's gonna be great but if it hasn't hit your radar yet you might wanna take a minute to consider it.

watch

Got me free Microsoft points saved up. Just to let you know the PC version won't e coming out anytime soon. Lets hope the Xbox version doesn't fail its certification test.

Been playing this essentially nonstop since it came out. Only complaints? The random stuff that happens beyond your control. Coming back to the game to find out the neighbors died etc. That and the ludicrously high repair costs on my base.

Back