[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

Just FYI, I WILL be holding a meet on tuesday, but one TV will be on election coverage (most likely indescision 2008 co-hosted by stephen colbert and john stewart for 2 hrs).

Yay, Indecision 2008! It can't get better than that :D Count me in... and I'll see if I don't bring some "late-night" snacks or something, if you want. (quotes because I show up later than other people... haha... hum)

Im going to start holding some casual days at my place starting next week on Mondays and Weds. Anytime after 6:30 until 11 at the latest. I only have a 360 and 2 TVs. Naomi can bring a PS3 but if she is unable to make it on any of those days I'll be down to a 360. I may just buy a PS3 this weekend just cause I've been meaning to get one and this gives me a reason to spend the money but I'll see about that. I already have enough expenses with the move. I may not have any chairs/sofa for a few weeks so everyone is going to probably have to sit on the carpet until I get that straightened out.

These days are best for me and I don't want to have a bunch of people over at first. I'll see how things go at first and then I may decide to let more people over.

Im going to start holding some casual days at my place starting next week on Mondays and Weds. Anytime after 6:30 until 11 at the latest. I only have a 360 and 2 TVs. Naomi can bring a PS3 but if she is unable to make it on any of those days I'll be down to a 360. I may just buy a PS3 this weekend just cause I've been meaning to get one and this gives me a reason to spend the money but I'll see about that. I already have enough expenses with the move. I may not have any chairs/sofa for a few weeks so everyone is going to probably have to sit on the carpet until I get that straightened out.

These days are best for me and I don't want to have a bunch of people over at first. I'll see how things go at first and then I may decide to let more people over.

still coming to my place on tuesdays?

I hate the minimum character limit ugh but kosh yes I'm still planning on going to your place on tues.

If anyone lives near or around San Diego State area, I'm down for hosting bi-weeklies at my house or at my school. I own a 360 though but people can bring their PS3's. Just throwing that option out there.

If anyone lives near or around San Diego State area, I'm down for hosting bi-weeklies at my house or at my school. I own a 360 though but people can bring their PS3's. Just throwing that option out there.

id be down for that. i live in el cajon, i play on 360 also. dont know if i can make a bi-weekly thing all the time. a weekly thing might be better for me. ive been dyeing to get something going down in san diego. ur the first ive even seen down here!!
even have a buddy i can bring. also might be able to bring a tv and hdmi cables if needed.....MAYBE!!!

id be down for that. i live in el cajon, i play on 360 also. dont know if i can make a bi-weekly thing all the time. a weekly thing might be better for me. ive been dyeing to get something going down in san diego. ur the first ive even seen down here!!
even have a buddy i can bring. also might be able to bring a tv and hdmi cables if needed.....MAYBE!!!

Sick I'm right down the street from SDSU. If you guys want to meet up or play on Live send me a PM. I'm not very good, but I try :)

sup everybody ... i'm nuez from the nyc scene ... i'm gonna be in laguna beach for a few days this week and was wondering if anything was going on SC4-wise that i could swing by and check out =) ... i'm not that familiar with cali so i'm not even sure im posting in the right section but if i am it would be kool if i could come get a session in with u guys =)

i'll be there from thursday the 13th to sunday the 16th

Hey Nuez. I'm gonna be down in Laguna Canyon tonight but not for games :/ If you're still interested in just meeting up and hanging out I can give you the address and stuff. Otherwise you'll have to travel a bit to get games in, unfortunately. Check your PM box :D

Wow, I should have known that there was one of these on 8wr, but imagine my surprise when I realized that they seem to have the same posts on them!

In case I didnt get the word out...
(below is posted in the tourney thread also som um... no new news)

Heres whats up folks. I am running a carpool from the LA area over to SD. I got 2 spots left in the van. If ya wanna be down all ya need to do is pitch in on the gas. (It aint much cause gas prices are down!!!) If ya got the cell call or PM me real soon. Im around the gardena area but if needed (which is a strong possibility)we may be able to work something out in terms of a possible pick up.

Anyone else bummed at how the Lakers played last night? They need to focus fast--obviously they have some great talent but that's not an excuse for being sloppy.

Anyway, Kosh, are you still hosting tomorrow? With it being Turkey week and all I figured we should check first. I'll try to bring food this time if I can, and be there early as well for once... 6:30 maybe.

We'll always have a tough time keeping quick PGs from penetrating, but last night was a bit ridiculous. I also saw a lack of discipline from our 7-footers once the ball came into the paint. Not only that, they were getting hammered on the boards by the short handed Kings.

With that said, a win is a win. At least they have clear issues to focus on in practice sessions as opposed to sitting happy because of their current record.

Yeah, a part of me wants the staff to do something like add an x number of suicides per some number of opponents penetrating our D. Yeah it'll happen but you keep something like that top of mind when you're on D.

Considering how bored Steve Nash seems at this time he should set up a Rent-A-Nash system and just let us borrow him for defense practice--much as I hate having to do with anything from the Suns.

Back