Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

True, only pistols are left at this point I guess (Cervantes, that must be you, right?), if calling naginata a spear is fair to Mi-na's weapon.

Btw, can't wait to see this cutscene if they don't change the story for some reason. It's gotta be lots of fun playing Ivy's story mode. Totally hyped!
MINAOWNEDBYIVY.jpg

Doesn't the inclusion of Mina mean that Hwang is probably in as well? Her entire reason to be in the area is to retrieve Hwang, right?

Other way around. Mina ran away from home, happened to meet Hwang out there who took her home, then she ran away again with Hwang going out to retrieve her again.

I feel like if Hwang was in he'd have been shown off together with Mina like Kilik and Xianghua being shown together. Yun less so since he at least has the Talim connection as well but still, I wouldn't call one guaranteed quite yet.

He should start speaking English when doing interviews and such. I can remember at E3 he had translators who translated from Japanese to English on his behalf, but he speaks English extremely well.
He speaks English exceptionally well but probably isn't confident enough that he can get through interviews in English mistake free, resulting in internet idiots who will then twist his words around and blame him for not delivering on things he didn't actually promise.

You know what SC6 lacks? Some wonderful japanese/oriental stage with flowers, pagoda or garden. Jyurukadai villa was so beautiful, I miss this stage so much :(:(:(
I think it lacks a good soundtrack too... Geralt's stage is okay, but the others seem to lack emotion unlike previous games. And the soundtrack was a really big part of SC1. I guess the composer of SCVI is not the same composer of SC1 - possibly SC2-3 as well?

So my second theory without Cervantes and Lizardman is more likely now ?

I will be happy if that happen !
Maybe, maybe not. I still say Cervantes is the most likely under Ivy, and Astaroth's design suggests that he's totally eclipsing Rock now, so that would put Hwang under Grøh (unless, of course, for whatever reason, that's his father in that slot), and it wouldn't make much sense if Hwang and Seong Mi-na weren't grouped together like the rest of the characters. It's also possible that Seong Mi-na won't be given a story, or that they're adding more slots to the story timeline, and she could go under Hwang under Grøh. I think we need another story timeline screenshot, personally.

Maybe I'm thinking of Mina coming after Yun to bring him home?

I thought, at some time, she ventured out of Korea a second time to bring someone home, I guess it was Yun?

Maybe I'm thinking of Mina coming after Yun to bring him home?

I thought, at some time, she ventured out of Korea a second time to bring someone home, I guess it was Yun?
That's right, Hwang was to bring Mi-na home originally, then reversed roles in SoulCalibur II and Mi-na was to bring Yun-seong home. Then rinse and repeat for SoulCalibur III, except Talim found Yun-seong along the way, and kind of took over. Seong Mi-na found the two of them, and then in SoulCalibur IV, Mi-na seeks Soul Calibur because of what Talim told her about the "Sword of Salvation".

My latest guess at the select screen:

Papa / Sieg / Zas / NM / Cerv
X / Maxi / Sophie / Asta / Ivy
Yoshi / Kilik / CaS / Groh / Voldo
Raph / Rugi / Geralt / Taki / Tira
Lizzy / Mi-Na / Talim / Hwangseong / Rando

Bonus: Inferno
DLC: Cass, Setsuka, Hilde

My latest guess at the select screen:

Papa / Sieg / Zas / NM / Cerv
X / Maxi / Sophie / Asta / Ivy
Yoshi / Kilik / CaS / Groh / Voldo
Raph / Rugi / Geralt / Taki / Tira
Lizzy / Mi-Na / Talim / Hwangseong / Rando
If Lizardman is on the roster, then I still have to insist on the Schwarzstrom riding the top right corner, so:

Hwang / Siegfried / Zasalamel / Nightmare / Lizardman
Xianghua / Maxi / Sophitia / Astaroth / Ivy
Yoshimitsu / Kilik / Inferno / Grøh / Voldo
Grøh's Father / Mitsurugi / Geralt / Taki / Cervantes
Seong Mi-na / Raphael / Talim / Tira / Random

I'm SO glad they showed us an unexpected character as well as one of the soft-confirmed ones. I never played Mi-Na and her AI infuriated me in SCIV but I'm still very happy to see a character who was missing return, especially as she was in the first game too so definitely deserves her spot.

I'm loving Astaroth's new look. He looks so much more menacing now although I wish he wasn't so chatty as it kinda ruins that a little.

I hope they keep this trend up now with the remaining villains. Cervy+Surprise, Lizard+Surprise, etc.

Hey by the way Mi-na was in Lost Swords so this confirms that nearly all character from that game will make it in, Raph / Amy Cassy WILL be in we'll have at least on Rapier user (or 2 since Clone weapon Is a thing now :p)
God I hope so man. It's so hard to keep my 'hope only brings disappointment' motto when they keep doing stuff that makes me think "... that makes Amy more possible, right?" XD

If she's in at all though I imagine Amy will likely be DLC, with Raph being on the main roster, which I'd be totally fine with (#shutupandtakemymoney) since that's probably how it SHOULD be considering his status in the franchise.

Back