Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Extremely happy with what I saw so far, the HUD looks beautifully updated and more slots for characters, woo!

Seeing Ivy has made me so desperate to play the game, she looks great and has some awesome moves. Glad to see the other previously unseen characters get some gameplay time too, I'm excited to get my hands on the game now.

Okay, I i'm in love with my Ivy, again xD Zasa looks more badass than ever, hell even Maxi is more fun to play. Desert stage is the best stage in the game alongside Snow stage and Coliseum stages. Cursed Moonlit stage? Like playing in dense forest with huge moon above and some scary things? YEEEES, like it should be Raphael stage. I hope we get some new reveals too, counting for Cervantes and Tira :) Good days to be Calibur fan ;) :*

Okay, I i'm in love with my Ivy, again xD
I hope we get to see more from her ... I am sure, she has her SE-Stance (it is shown in the reveal trailer, only in very short, to use ivy lick and in Soul Charge)
But i would really like to see it in full action.
My biggest concern is her 2 Iconic throws Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony, we already experienced how SS got turned into a Brave Edge ...

Could the two strange lines that connect to the small dot-like things on the Character Select screen possibly be..... 'next/previous page' buttons?

Nah. I wish, but if the '8 DLC characters' rumors are true, those two slots would have to be something else.

Though maybe it will be 'DLC' and 'CAS' character categories instead since there's no spot for those currently? Or maybe even 'Bonus' characters?

That Talim teaser was great and I hope you Talim fans are about to become very happy on Tuesday (gotta be!) ^_^

^ Then I see this and suddenly my 'previous/next page' theory feels more possible :o

23 characters at launch does seem wrong though considering they said they wanted more characters than SCV at one point, which I guess COULD include DLC but I would've thought they meant at launch (otherwise it's not REALLY more than SCV on a base level).
I doubt if they will announce Talim on Tuesday - she will probably be the last character reveal for when the game goes on sale.

That would just make Okubo's Talim Tweet all the more cheeky. I read it like shhh we'll get to her soon, in other words tomorrow.

I doubt tomorrow would be just Talim, but that doesn't mean Talim can't be on tomorrow, she won the character poll, this is E3, it's a great opportunity to show her where the most number of people will see it, like if they go on a Geralt featurette tomorrow all the same.

Based on my observation, there are two competing theories of marketing for "last reveals".

1) reveal the biggest, most request character/faction/class last so it feels like a cherry on top and creates positive feelings in the fandom right as the game releases

2) reveal a new character/faction/class with a distinctive and exciting playstyle last to generate discussion and push/revitalize awareness right as the game releases

That would just make Okubo's Talim Tweet all the more cheeky. I read it like shhh we'll get to her soon, in other words tomorrow.

I doubt tomorrow would be just Talim, but that doesn't mean Talim can't be on tomorrow, she won the character poll, this is E3, it's a great opportunity to show her where the most number of people will see it, like if they go on a Geralt featurette tomorrow all the same.
They've already shown/revealed a lot for E3, including playable characters for the existing reveals. What's more: the new build is ready for public consumption - but Talim is not in there. It doesn't feel right to me to release this new test build with new playable characters and have a separate Talim trailer at the same event where she is not playable - too much of a teaser.

Talim was ranked number 1 in the top 10, and most of that top 10 has had steady reveals. My gut feeling is that everything is pushing towards a last reveal instead of a first or middle reveal, but I could always be wrong.

Incidentally, he said SC6 has been in production for 3 years and they are paying close attention to the community; well, 3 years ago was when Project Soul did the favourite character poll.

They've already shown/revealed a lot for E3, including playable characters for the existing reveals. What's more: the new build is ready for public consumption - but Talim is not in there. It doesn't feel right to me to release this new test build with new playable characters and have a separate Talim trailer at the same event where she is not playable - too much of a teaser.

You could say that for any character. If it's weird to reveal Talim but not have her on the current playable build, that would be true of any character they might reveal at E3 because people will be interested to try the latest thing regardless of if it is the most requested or not. They might as well not reveal any character at the event if that is an obstacle.

Last edited:
I hope to see Talim in the main roster... but, If I was a bastard from Bamco marketing, I'd certainly reveal her as the first DLC on the launch day!

Back