Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

did I just hear Jin Kasama? what's his weapon of choice? fists? lol please, like someone said on the first page of this thread, SC will be so much better without any guest character, ALTHOUGH I would really like Zero and Dante to pop in the scene.. but no it costs money and trouble

There were rumors awhile back about SquareSoft characters.

If it's true I suppose that I'd want the main girl from FF 13. I never played the game but she is really hot.

Ignore my first post from the first page of this thread. Since then, I have been introduced to the goddess that is Lightning.

As for guest characters; my most wanted are:

1. Master Chief (Energy Sword)
2. Solid Snake/Big Boss (Combat Knife), Raiden (HF Blade)
3. Lightning (Her Gunsword from FF13)
4. Altair (hidden blades) He could take over Dampierre's niche.
5. Ash from Evil Dead (Shotgun and Chainsaw) JUST BECAUSE

Not gonna happen but... Geralt of Rivia would be awesome to have in a Calibur game. Namco-Bandai is publishing The Witcher 2 in Europe though, so who knows...?

cUiM6.jpg

Not gonna happen but... Geralt of Rivia would be awesome to have in a Calibur game. Namco-Bandai is publishing The Witcher 2 in Europe though, so who knows...?
I approve. You can never have enough white haired alchemists. Plus he can use his silver sword against Lizardman and Asteroth.

It would be cool if some Star Wars characters would make it in, but that's extremely unlikely.

Fixed for you lol, as I can think of at least a half dozen ways to get them back in on the spot. No, I'm not going to waste my time telling you them lol, as they are completely ridiculous, but in a good way... I just think when they finally get around to announcing their choices, they're going to make it a big deal... I just hope it's not Dante;

dante_dmc5_by_roxierhapsodos-d2ysbhh.jpg

Nothing against DMC5, I just really don't think he's a suitable match for this game, I mean he'd fit right in, in an amusing cutscene, where he ends up sitting on top of all the other characters.... In a big pile.

I gotta admit, i was thinking about this all day during lectures and I think I'd really like to see some Sqaure-Enix characters make it in.

I don't even really play JRPGs anymore but the SC series would pretty much be a perfect fit for someone like Lightning, Cloud, and Sephiroth.
I know it sounds pretty weeboo-gay but some of the older Final Fantasy games were games I played growing up as a kid so there is that bit of nostaglia there.

Alot of characters don't fit. Kratos fits better in MK in my opinion since he is so violent and his games are filled with gore. The star wars characters, while cool, I didn't feel really fit considering they have LIGHTSABERS but I understand that their presence probably sold a bunch of games to that demographic.

I guess, Final Fantasy, whatever you think of it in the end, (and i'm not even that big of a fan) seems to make a good fit for SC. Dudes and Chicks with swords and weapons... I mean look at the Dissidia games for the PSP. I don't play handheld fighting games but I will admit that if it was on a proper home console I'd probably have givin it a shot. The characters seem to transition naturally into a fighting game considering all they do in the rpg games is...fight. lol

Nice, another Miura fan. I would fucking love having Guts in this bitch.

I've posted in similar threads elsewhere. Here's another from my wishlist:
-D
01.jpg

Ignore my first post from the first page of this thread. Since then, I have been introduced to the goddess that is Lightning.

As for guest characters; my most wanted are:

1. Master Chief (Energy Sword)
2. Solid Snake/Big Boss (Combat Knife), Raiden (HF Blade)
3. Lightning (Her Gunsword from FF13)
4. Altair (hidden blades) He could take over Dampierre's niche.
5. Ash from Evil Dead (Shotgun and Chainsaw) JUST BECAUSE
only one from this list that i agree with is Raiden with a high frequency blade.. that has some major potential. also, Snake using a combat knife, CQC(Close Quarters Combat) oriented grappling character could be unique to the Soul Calibur world.. think Bayman from DOA4 with a knife at hand. Master Chief? not so much.. think about it. "The Master Chief stands about seven feet (2.13 m) tall and weighs 1,000 pounds (450 kg) in armor; without it, he stands six feet, seven inches (2 m) tall and weighs 287 pounds (130 kg)." having a 7 foot spartan from the 2500's and a game franchise that, for all i know, has nothing to do with Bandai Namco doesn't make sense to me.
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a character from Naruto put into SCV, doesn't Bandai Namco make those games as well? Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 came out last year, wouldn't be too far fetched, only problem with that for me is that they'd probably put some totally predictable characters in like Sasuke and Naruto.. lame. lemme get some Killerbee action going. (he uses 7 swords at a time, that's pretty unique if you ask me).. as unlikely as this would be, it's still fun to dream. But i digress.. on a realistic note, the Snake/Raiden idea is pretty awesome

For anyone who doesn't know who Killer Bee is, or for that matter.. anyone who doesn't watch Naruto at all, the first 1:04 of this video is the style im talking about(disregard the rest of the vid unless you feel like watching it.. it's kinda lengthy) also, the fighting in this anime is so over the top that it'd obviously need to be toned down to Soul Calibur speed.. but they made Light Saber's work, why not this?

I know the fortunate owers of the PS2/SCII had the chance to play with a non-weapon character, Heihachi,
but of course that was only the one time. Having another fist-only character, Kenshiro, I don't want. Save him
for Tekken or something---I like my SCs with weapons please!

LOL, really sucks me saying that yeah? When I been rockin' this Kenshiro AV since I been here.

We totally need absolutely 0 fucking guest characters in Soulcalibur.

All the guest characters do is bring problems come tourney time and the canon characters are good enough to sell the game on their own.

Namco needs to stop acting like the guests are the reason Soulcalibur sells. Tekken has ridiculous (as in bad) character designs and the game sells well. Soulcalibur has much much better designs than Tekken so I don't see the problem. No more goddamn guests characters.

Wish someone would close and burn this thread but ain't gonna happen.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah, guest characters are essential for fans of other series to be swindled into buying the game. Then hopefully some of them will like the game, play online, get wrecked, get better, join 8wayrun, and join their local offline community.

I don´t want guest characters, but this don´t deppends of me, so if we are gonna have guest characters I say Bayonetta!! She´s the witch of the dimension, can travel beyond the time, she will fight with hair made weapons with moves of all female characters, like Necrid in SCII

Its could be be something from a game that is coming out a little bit after SC4 comes out, so they can advertise it, just like they did with Star Wars, The force unleashed.

Back