Some hard questions about useless moves

I guess every move have some kind of use(Except Raph 4B+K. This thing ca only be useful as a taunt)But of course, they are gonna be always moves that are better than others. Discover them is a part of learning a character.
Raph 33A is good for him cuz is one of is few mid horizontals. And not everyone know how to punish. So you can use it against inexperienced people I guess.

Last edited:
Riiiight.
Well, if the (admittedly extreme) cases of Brawl+ and Project M are anything to go by, it's certainly possible. Unofficial bug patches aren't unheard of either (dsfix and the unofficial patches for TES games, for example). Typically when a game nears its release, the project enters a code freeze. Planned features that aren't fully implemented tend to get shoved off into a dark corner somewhere, possibly to be completed and tested for a future patch or DLC. Modders can complete these. Bugs that aren't severe enough to block the release are left in the "final" product. Modders can fix these.

As for the community being able to provide better balance than what the developers created with the base product, it's not completely absurd; the modding community has at least four key advantages: the vast majority of the hardest work will have already been done for them, they'll have the advantage of hindsight, they won't have strict deadlines, and they'll have many times more end testers to work with.

An argument could be made that people would cheat, but they're already doing so on consoles. The biggest issues I can foresee would be the added burden for TOs, who have enough trouble getting official patches correctly installed on the tournament's systems, and the community fragmentation between those who want to give the game time to evolve and those who want shiny patches as fast as they can be churned out. If a balance could be established in the latter case, where people agree on fixing things that are obviously bugs (of which there are surprisingly few; a good example would be Dampierre's game freezing CE) while leaving balance-affecting "bugs/features" (e.g. UJG, GI JG, 66G) in as emergent properties of the game that add to the complexity of the system.

Any action that helps reduce the "developer/end user dichotomy" is a clear win for both parties. Games with protracted life cycles and devoted communities are served vastly better by the bazaar model then the cathedral.

The only way the videogame industry can survive in its current form is to become increasingly exploitative of its patrons so as to make ends meet. Just look what the collapse of the mainframe market did to IBM once personal computing became big.

I think most (notice how I say most and not all) useless moves have a time where they shine, for example Cervy's 22K maybe a useless GI but against Aeon it might be useful.

How about give me a useless move and I'll try to give a use for it.

I think most (notice how I say most and not all) useless moves have a time where they shine, for example Cervy's 22K maybe a useless GI but against Aeon it might be useful.

How about give me a useless move and I'll try to give a use for it.
What about raph WR K? The problem with this move is not how bad it is. Is because his other WR attacks excels in everything.

Last edited:
The problem is that WR K is only 2 more damage than WRB. Did really that small amount of damage makes you use it instead? Sorry, but it's hard for me to understand.
The move is for when you're close and think your opponent won't duck under it. Also it seems you've forgotten it's faster.
Note: technically I do use him but I use every charater and he's one of my lesser used characters now.

The move is for when you're close and think your opponent won't duck under it. Also it seems you've forgotten it's faster.
Note: technically I do use him but I use every charater and he's one of my lesser used characters now.
According to the wiki, WR K is i14 and WR B is i13.
However, I'm not calling it useless, it's 2 more damage and it's 2 frames safer. It also doesn't have pushback, so you can follow with a throw for a mixup. It's no that bad, but I just like WR B more.

According to the wiki, WR K is i14 and WR B is i13.
However, I'm not calling it useless, it's 2 more damage and it's 2 frames safer. It also doesn't have pushback, so you can follow with a throw for a mixup. It's no that bad, but I just like WR B more.
Sorry, I misread the frame data, but WR K seems to be the better punisher if you know it will punish.

One of the most useless move is Siegfred : 234B (Unblockable move). I can't understand why this move still exist from SC1 to SC5 (5 version).
Second useless move of Siegfred is 44B, jump animation is too slow. Even slower than Jumping moves (8B, 8A etc...)

One of the most useless move is Siegfred : 234B (Unblockable move). I can't understand why this move still exist from SC1 to SC5 (5 version).
Second useless move of Siegfred is 44B, jump animation is too slow. Even slower than Jumping moves (8B, 8A etc...)
You mean 236B. I agree its real bad but its his only unblockable so I see why they keep it. However, they should make the move a bit more faster. 44B is good for combos but I agree you should never use this move outside of that.

Back