Setsuka for Soul Calibur 5!

Yes, if you couldn't figure it out I mean't Soul Crush Damage... I know that because of how she can play, a Critical Finish Victory doesn't have to be the case, but it isn't out of reach... She just has ridiculously good SCD attacks like 44B and 22B*22BB (it's not like it'll get ducked EVERY time)... If they do away with the Critical Finish and replace it with free combo opportunities then I wouldn't mind her SCD with the way it is, but if they don't then I don't think she should be any good in this area, same with Amy...

That reminds me, 22B randomly whiffs on crouching opponent's. -.-

- Her SCIII body (without exaggerations).
- I miss the heart in her chest T_T.
- She needs a "slight" expansion of her command list.
- A nice horizontal mid.
- Some commands that she had in SCIII.
- More just frames that difficult its use and the realization of combos.
- Only one special posture batoojyutsu style with different possible outcomes. (4A+K for example)
- Sakura fury combo, Silver moon combo and other one that start with B+K.
- Keep the classic IA combo of SCIII: 33_99B, 214~3B:B, 214~3a:B, 33_99B
- Keep SCIV posture.
- 2A+B must be able to be canceled to FC.
- Other umbrella move.
...doranakal...

Now that I really think about it, she could use one good low move. I mean, the ones she has now are fine, but I would like her to have quick low she can use to harass or something.

Here's what I would like for Sets in SC5 :
- fix B+K brokeness, it should be -18 IMO
- 1B:B i118 instead of i17, the rest not changed, apart from the tracking issues of the second hit.
- About her ground game : 22A+B,A should track left all times. Every other fcking move she has can be evaded rolling in the same direction. It's annoying when the best choice you have is 2K to hit grounded opponents.
- Make 22A+B,A less damaging.
- Make 11K positive or neutral on hit (+0/+1/+2), KD on CH. The moves is SLOW, and can be punished... Full tracking too.
- 1A:A:A should be one frame faster, and less damaging (35/40 should be enough). Keep the pushback with JFs.
- Give setsuka air combos. Umbrella, 22A+B,A , I don't know, let's say anything that gives her a 40/45 damage combo on an air hit opponent is good for me.
- Give 214A full tracking. Give her a fast antistep mid (i18 would be good).
- B+G should be 50 dmg. A+G should be 60/65(with JF umbrella). 214B+G umbrella 2363B should be 75 dmg. All sides throws should have minus 5 dmg.
- Fix A+K B issues.
- Make 33B or 2363B combo after umbrella on hit.
- Make umbrella less damaging (minus 5 damage).
- Make 66K usefull.
- Make A+B more usefull.
- Make 44B+K i15, less damaging, and allow 44B+K 33B to be garanteed.
- 236 please... let it be the same !!
- 66A full tracking, minus 5 damage, +2 on hit instead of +4. Still -8 on block.
- 33B -10. Keep the pushback.
- Fix 4A issues.
- agB JF : change the move. I dunno how but change it. It's a shame that every over tool sets has is more effective every time. Perhaps allow it to be used in combos?

EDIT : I forgot. Allow a guaranteed combo after 214B NH, 45/50 would be good.

Bit late, but the main change I want. 1A : A : A needs to be fixed to not whiff. Considering the fact that as a mixup it becomes seeable, the only real use is as a powerful short range step catcher. Yet, it will often whiff the 2nd or 3rd hit if used like this, and leave sets at disadvantage. :(

2-The look,She need to cover her private parts,her style fits if It was "like in SC3" and her hair should be either dark brown,or "this may seem wierd" Grey.

I actually ask Daishi for Setsuka´s hair color, and he answer me this:

"Setsuka’s real hair is blonde. In SC3 it was black for various reasons but we made her default color blond in SC4"

I think she´s going to be blond forever :(

I think Setsuka needs more lower attack=D
I mean if she can make it in SC5 ,shes old now =O.
Maybe her story should be like Nina Williams who never ages =D

Keep her hairstyle but make it black. Also, make the Sakura Air Combo timing a bit more easier because I can only pull it off offline. Online theres way too much lag so the timings are messed up.

I actually ask Daishi for Setsuka´s hair color, and he answer me this:

"Setsuka’s real hair is blonde. In SC3 it was black for various reasons but we made her default color blond in SC4"

I think she´s going to be blond forever :(

I just quote myself again!! read it, Sets is going to be blonde forever T__T

Hi! I'm new here so, try to bear with me. :) I think Setsu's JF should be easier to pull off like in Broken Destiny.
Hopefully, she'll have more umbrella moves. She really needs more :AT:. I really like people with a lot of them. T-T She should have a elegant kimono like in SC3 and keep her hair blond.

I Think all of her moves should perform as they would if they were just framed if they werent. I.E 1BB should have a second hit that stuns. HOWEVER it should be unsafe on block, the non just frame, and do less damage then the just framed version, that way if you slip up in a combo you aren't screwed.

I Think all of her moves should perform as they would if they were just framed if they werent. I.E 1BB should have a second hit that stuns. HOWEVER it should be unsafe on block, the non just frame, and do less damage then the just framed version, that way if you slip up in a combo you aren't screwed.
Genius. Btw is that tattoo on her right shoulder permanent? Or was it always there? I hope she gets her cool, calm demeanor back like in SC3. In 4 she just seems.... to eager to kill her opponent.

They will keep Setsuka. Daishi himself has a liking to her so I doubt they'd kick her.

Back