Run Counters in SCVI

Erm, I think you misunderstood. We're not talking about CH as a whole, we're talking about CH's punishing side steps with a full combo.
No, I did not, I was referring to CH effects on Run Counter. And what "full combo" are you talking about? 2KB knocking down only on CH? We haven't seen any big combos from horizontals CHing. How much did this bother you in SCIII and SCIV? It was really bad in SCV because they added the ability to combo into CEs from certain CH horizontals and you couldn't guard cancel steps. There weren't even that many "full combos" out of horizontals, usually it just gave you the NCC string. The ones Mitsu had won't even work anymore (66A changed back to SCII 66AA, CH 22A knockdown sends them too far away for a followup... and in any case, CE doesn't pick up off the ground anymore!).

There might end up being some punishments that add a lot of risk to sidestep, but what about the reward for correct sidesteps? If you have meter in the bank that's a CE (super). Wouldn't sidestep be more encouraged when the reward is potentially bigger?

All I'm trying to say is, consider the big picture and how much we don't know yet. There may be other factors that balance it out to a degree that CH on Run Counter isn't that big a deal and won't really discourage movement enough to force people to not move anymore than in SCIII and SCIV. SCII let you move more as a result of a glitch but even then there were ways to discourage movement -- why would it be so bad that that way is CH on Run Counter rather than something else?

Well if they keep that Retarded multi stun combo system out of this game and keep it about high damage pokes like it has always been before SC5, then run counters wont really be that big of a deal.

I dont mind "run counter"

I do mind not being able to block for 20 frames in a backdash. That is so what SC is not about, and a big reason why SCV felt so hopeless.

Back