Pyrrha Combo Discussion

If you guys feel the need to do a different combo try:
66b (BE) 4b 44b+k

This does the same damage as 66b (BE) 22bak , but switches it up a bit
hope you try it out :D

But doesn't 88BAK leave you closer to your opponent? This makes follow up pokes and attacks easier. What's the point of alternating if the damage is the same?

well you can always follow up with another 66b (BE) to do more damage. I'm throwing it out there to see if anyone can come up with an even better follow up

22B,A,K has a chance to clean hit. You could conceivably switch up your combo if you know you're going to kill to save your clean hits.

Wow this has been really helpful for me! I am new to Pyrrah and reading all this is awesome. She is a lot of fun isn't she?

So all this talk about when you crush the guard do 4b followed by various things - good advice but what are her best, safest, guard breaking options? Most the time when I fight it isn't untill perhaps the final match that I can break someones guard, if then.

Of course I think for now I need to keep working on basics, I just started trying to do 2b b4 and 6bk as mixups into my combos, good stuff..

Also I KNOW that 4AAA is trash, but because everyone expects it I train my enemies with a 4AB, then after a few of those I toss in the 4AAA +CE, it is fun although yeah, trash if people even think it might be coming.

Wow this has been really helpful for me! I am new to Pyrrah and reading all this is awesome. She is a lot of fun isn't she?

So all this talk about when you crush the guard do 4b followed by various things - good advice but what are her best, safest, guard breaking options? Most the time when I fight it isn't untill perhaps the final match that I can break someones guard, if then.

Of course I think for now I need to keep working on basics, I just started trying to do 2b b4 and 6bk as mixups into my combos, good stuff..

Also I KNOW that 4AAA is trash, but because everyone expects it I train my enemies with a 4AB, then after a few of those I toss in the 4AAA +CE, it is fun although yeah, trash if people even think it might be coming.

The problem is 4AB isn't safe either. You don't want to use it against Pie/Poe, Leixia, Patsuka, or anyone with a i14 punisher because it's really easy to see coming and you'll eat a massive punisher on block. There's more of a gap between 4A and the AA followup than there was for Sophitia, so it's really easy to tell the two apart for Pyrrha. So they'd just normally block high, but if they see a gap they'll switch to blocking low.

As for guard breaking, her best move is 66B BE (5), but the problem is against good players you'll eat a free punish for it. Which means you really only want to use it for anti-tech, whiff punish, or combo filler. That means they won't be taking the block damage. Her next best option is 4B(7)...but is extremely linear and easy to sidestep. Might be a good wakeup option though, or if you think you've got then turtling because of your pressure it could be safe to throw one out.

22_88B+K(9) is the next best option. It's safe on block (except for Patsuka's CE and Natsu's AA) but I haven't really used it much. The problem is you need to step first to use it, and off step you generally want to whiff punish. 44B+K(9) might be better, since you can throw it out as whiff punish after a backdash, but usually 44B or 44A is better because you want to do damage via their followups. 44B also breaks in 10, so you'd rather use that anyways.

6B+K(12) is highly linear, but it's safe. I prefer 3A+B(13) though, as it slighly tracks and comes out faster. 22_88A breaks in 15, but again, it's usually a whiff punisher. 6K breaks in 15 though, which is kind of surprisingly. Might be worth it to throw out a lot of 6K's, since it's safe on block and stuns on CH.

4AB is a good move. Anti-step, tech crouch, knockdown, RO. I'm willing to roll the dice once in a while.

You only have to worry about being 4AB being punished by a few characters because it forces crouch, and I can't think of too many good i14 punishers that are available while in FC. You won't eat much (if any) damage from most, and the reward is certainly worth it.

Didn't know it the move was that good, though. Definitely going to have to use it more often.

A+B (auto-gi) kick reversal - a, 236B (42 damage)
A+B (auto-gi) kick reversal - A, CE (73 damage)

Adding the A before the CE adds 2 points of damage. Adding it before the 236B adds 4.

I find these easier than doing the CE/236B raw. The A gives you a chance to steady yourself and aim.

haha really? ... ch 4ab, 66b worked for sophi in sc4 ... I thought it would've been clockwork to use it in sc5 ;P ... I'll sometimes use the 66b,be for a bit more dmg.

If it hasn't been mentioned, I use 66B -> 6BK. I think is does about 55 - 60 dmg.

This isn't a combo, you can air control out of it to either side and avoid the last hit. Even if it were a combo, it does less damage (only 49) than 66B 236B (53 + clean hit chance on both hits), 66B 22B+K (55) or 66B 2BB (56 + clean hit chance on both hits.

If you want an air controllable gimmick after 66B that does more damage than the guaranteed combos if it lands, do 66B 236AA (68 damage, though don't waste your meter on 236AA BE here, its only 72 damage), which can only be air controlled out to one side at least.

you should be able to use 44b instead of 66k for more damage I think.

also ... [splat move], 66b,be, w!, 66b+kab, g, 236b_ce should be max damage, mirite?

6B+K is best wall move, u can 6B+K after all first wall splat into 66B+KAB, G, 236B_CE
if u start with a wall splat like 66K or 66B BE u just need to let them slide down the wall first before doing 6B+K so u can hit with 66B+KAB, G, 236B_CE
but if it a wall splat off 44A you just do 6B+K right away into 66B+KAB, G, 236B_CE

will write all wall combo/damage later in the day i remember 150 damage being maxed damage.

This isn't a combo, you can air control out of it to either side and avoid the last hit. Even if it were a combo, it does less damage (only 49) than 66B 236B (53 + clean hit chance on both hits), 66B 22B+K (55) or 66B 2BB (56 + clean hit chance on both hits.

also 66B 22B+K is an auto tech trap, when they do tech it u can get a free 66B/66B BE if it near the wall or even a wall splat if it right on the wall.

also 22/88A 66B BE combos AND tech traps in all directions. :]

The problem is 4AB isn't safe either. You don't want to use it against Pie/Poe, Leixia, Patsuka, or anyone with a i14 punisher because it's really easy to see coming and you'll eat a massive punisher on block. There's more of a gap between 4A and the AA followup than there was for Sophitia, so it's really easy to tell the two apart for Pyrrha. So they'd just normally block high, but if they see a gap they'll switch to blocking low.

As for guard breaking, her best move is 66B BE (5), but the problem is against good players you'll eat a free punish for it. Which means you really only want to use it for anti-tech, whiff punish, or combo filler. That means they won't be taking the block damage. Her next best option is 4B(7)...but is extremely linear and easy to sidestep. Might be a good wakeup option though, or if you think you've got then turtling because of your pressure it could be safe to throw one out.

22_88B+K(9) is the next best option. It's safe on block (except for Patsuka's CE and Natsu's AA) but I haven't really used it much. The problem is you need to step first to use it, and off step you generally want to whiff punish. 44B+K(9) might be better, since you can throw it out as whiff punish after a backdash, but usually 44B or 44A is better because you want to do damage via their followups. 44B also breaks in 10, so you'd rather use that anyways.

6B+K(12) is highly linear, but it's safe. I prefer 3A+B(13) though, as it slighly tracks and comes out faster. 22_88A breaks in 15, but again, it's usually a whiff punisher. 6K breaks in 15 though, which is kind of surprisingly. Might be worth it to throw out a lot of 6K's, since it's safe on block and stuns on CH.

I thought 66B, BE was pretty safe??? Who punishes it and how? I'm assuming if you JG it you can punish?

First post BTW hello all.

Back