Poll : Which Soul Calibur game is the best?

Which Soul Calibur game is the best?

• Soul Blade (Edge)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Soul Calibur I

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Soul Calibur II

Votes: 54 42.9%
  • Soul Calibur III

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Soul Calibur IV

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Soul Calibur III:AE

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Soul Calibur 4:BD

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Soul Calibur V

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
I played all of SC game except Soul Edge, but I watched its intro and gameplay videos. In my opinion SC2 is the best. My first encounter with series was SC3.

My thoughts about SC2, posted in Who Liked SC3? ;
Why does everyone hate Ivy? She is such a good character, look past the bewbs...-.-

SCII because I loved Ivy's SC2 moveset ^^ I also loved her blue Pirate costume. I liked the costume that much I even extracted the character model from the game lol
lkl.jpg

SC2 is the one I have the fondest memories of (mainly since it's the first SC I played). But when I consider which SC game I'd rather play right now, it's SC4, so that gets my vote.

I have never been someone who cares about "art" or about the storyline. I played the other sc games, and i have to say that the only reason i played soul calibur 4 as much as i did was because of online. Online is now a must for me to like or learn a game. Im a very dedicated person and if i am unable to progress rapidly and when ever i want i lose interest. For example i have mortal kombat i really like the game, yet i have not played it after i beat the story. i dont like learning vs npc's. Real life competition is the most important thing for me, and soul calibur 4 is the only game that lets me get that competition when ever i want.
While I disagree with your notion of multiplayer being more important than single player, I have to agree that the online play is the only reason why I still have SouCalibur IV. But if that's the ONLY reason for anyone to keep it (meaning there's not much else to do and I pretty much made all the characters I wanted out of Character Creation), I can't call this the best in the series.

My vote goes to SC2, SC3 follows...
Well, as for SC2... If it wasn't for that, I would never have been introduced to the SC series. Also I played that game, when I was younger, like an addicted person to drugs and alcohol. I liked everything on it actually...

If Namco ever feels like making some money before the release of SCV, they could give SC2 an online VS mode and release it for Xbox360 and PS3.

All the hype about this game begin with SC for DC; so much memories of trying to understand the game and be competitive... most of characters never shows their true power and a lot of players didn't grow enough in that game; in SC2 casual play was more fun than Tournament play, but with so much versions (Arcade, PS2, Xbox, GC) this game was a hit, more and more people play this game (in that time SF3 and Tekken 4 were a total failure and the SC2 looks fresh and exciting).

In SC3 Sony make and agreement to port SC3 directly to console, and only to PS2... big mistake... an info leak make Namco delay the game in Europe and Japan, given USA the (first launch) worst version of the game. In Europe and Japan(and Dominican Republic that only play Jap version) SC3 was enjoyed cause the players voted to ban VC and problem solved.

SCIV its a "try"; not a completed effort to make a good game the only thing good about this game is next gen graphics and laggy online... Namco used all their resources in favor of Tekken 6(to me this SC game was only a chance to Namco use their Stars Wars license); This game is not so bad, but the problems were big at the beginning: too easy CF; lags corners in some stages (PS3). And in the end the problems were bigger: Algol, Hilde and Jedis...

Now SCV will be the real deal; Namco is working really hard to re do the series, and I guess this game will make everybody forget all the past games.

I voted for SC(DC) the game that created the legend.

The first one. Excellent set of modes, great fluid visuals, and awesome controls.

SC2 was my first and still my next favorite, but over the years, I lost interest. I somehow feel there's something about SC1 that just pulls everything together.

Hmm believe it or not, I liked Soul Calibur IV a lot.

1) All the characters returned + they added Hilde
2) Graphics were great
3) I played it a lot at my friends house. Ohh damn the funny fights I had with my friends brothers college friends!
4) Character selection music and the cutscene viewing music (Winds and Memories) were awesome.
5) I actually liked its story.

I'm having a difficult time picking between Soul Calibur II and III. I think I'll go with Soul Calibur II because nothing could top the shock and awe that appeared when I first played it. Still in my top 5 Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox games.

anyone going to say soul calibur legends ?

I'm still gonna buy it

I think I'll give Legends a change as well, who knows, there might be something decent in there.

Nostalgia goggles on: Soulcalibur on the Dreamcast.
Nostalgia goggles off: Soulcalibur V.

SC2 was awesome for game modes and extra shit that didn't really affect the meat and bones. Great times definitely affect overall feelings toward a game, and if you didn't hang out in your basement playing SCV with a ton of friends for hours on end it's probably not going to seem like it's the best. I will say that SCV can definitely feel tedious to me but that's merely because I'm playing it for tournament purposes instead of casual enjoyment. But the actual meat and bones of the game feels the best.

For non-gameplay reasons: SC3. I liked its style. The costumes and the character's faces all looked spot on in that game. I didn't really play the extra modes too much though but it was nice knowing it was there. Shows they really took their time to make a quality product, not the rush job that 5 is. However, the lack of online killed it for me.

For gameplay: SC2. There was actually a big community around here when the game was out. It was tons of fun to play in the arcade, when the DDR fags would let you actually get on there once they finished their conquest mode or whatever the hell it was and went back to dancing.

For online: SC4 or 5 of course. 5 definitely has the better netcode, but again, for non-gameplay reasons, I like 4 better, just because of the characters. I miss Taki, and I really feel the new game was rushed out.

Aside from the nostalgia googles factor (as II was the first SC I played) the gameplay in II is probably the best in the series, probably not as smooth as I, but still pretty smooth.

I think I'll give Legends a change as well, who knows, there might be something decent in there.

I've played it and i have to say that it was NOT worth the money. The story was not quite canon at all and the gameplay was boring. The only reason i'm keeping it is because my foster brothers love it.

Being a non-people person, online play does not factor into my decision. I enjoyed 2 the most. It was my first encounter, and I played it so often I actually knew movelists by heart. Though 3 comes in as a close second for being the first to have my favorite mode, Character Creation, and for having a good story mode.

People will probably be shocked when I say this but Soulcalibur V is probably the best one in my opinion and I've played all of them. The gameplay is very fluid, creation is awesome, and every character (Natsu is an exception) seems pretty balanced.

Back