pokemon-best and worst generation

what is the best generation?

• Total voters
Yellow was my first Pokemon game ever. It was great.

Same here. First Pokemon Game I ever owned. I remember my best friend letting me play his Red Version back when we were younger and how I asked begged my parents to get the new Yellow Version for Christmas. Man those were the days. Even though Gen I has some of my least favorite Pokemon of the series it's still great.

You what's really funny? My Pokemon Silver cartridge that I got probably close to a decade ago, STILL has the same file that I started with in the beginning.

Pocky Yoshi loves pokemon. A rambling is a must! But, put in spoilers out of courtesy.

Gen 1. Original. What made pokemon awesome. But, sadly nostalgia isn't enough to make me say this was the most awesome generation. The remakes were nice but, I prefer Gen 2.

Gen 2. Same as Gen 1. But the remakes made me happy. So much oriental theme put into this, I might as well call Johto a more Japanese Kanto haha.

Gen 3. I believe a remake is a must. It was kinda fun to travel everywhere. If they had a snow place, I'd move in into this region of abundance.....fantasy wise of course.

Gen 4. I learned to appreciate mountains, caves, and more pokemon stuff. First time I saw snow in a pokemon game. At times it was meh, but it has it's merits. Like making me interested in battling competitively.

Gen 5. Kinda felt like pokemon went from the nice mellow pop music to mainstream trash pop music at first. But, I actually enjoyed this one as well.

From best to worst.
Gen 5. TMs are reusable(about time), Pokemon sprites finally move a bit more, story was at least a bit different(pokemon story wise), Undella Town and Skyarrow bridge for being awesome. Should also be mentioned no more replacing pokemon with Hm slaves as you can travel around all of Unova with just your favorite pokemon. You only need HM slaves to cut down one tree to progress in the story. After that, it's only optional if you want to surf or not. Only drawbacks is most new pokemon feel like half done stuff, but I actually found favorites in some like Bisharp, Cinccino, Samurott, and a few others to mingle with my oldies looking badass like Gyarados or something adorable and pretty as Vaporeon.

Gen 3-4. Well both are the same imho. Only difference is Gen 4 had more stuff despite how meh it felt compared to Gen 3. Gen 3 still is mighty in it's own right though and we need a RSE remake. That would get my money quick.

Gen 1-2. While this is the mightiest of them all and what pokemon amazing imho, but only nostalgia wise.

A pokemon that must always be in my party(no matter what gen) is you guessed it, Vaporeon. My favorite over Gyarados, Infernape, Milotic, Gengar, Bisharp, other eeveelutions and many others.

Which starter did people choose?

From Gen 1 I chose Charmander
From Gen 3 I chose Treecko
From Gen 4 I chose Chimchar
From Gen 5 I chose Tepig.

Gen 1. I used them all.
Gen 2. I used them all.
Gen 3. Mostly Torchic.
Gen 4. Mostly Chimchar to become the awesome Infernape.
Gen 5. Only Snivy or Oshawott.

I liked all them (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle), but mostly I chose Squirtle of course, lol.

Gen I: I was able to get all of them due to having the Yellow version.
Gen II: Totodile
Gen III: Mudkip
Gen IV: Piplup
Gen V: Oshawott

What can I say? I love the water starter Pokemon for each generation. Although if I didn't have Yellow I would most likely have chosen Charmander instead.

Gen 1 - Charmander I am so mainstream.
gen 2 - Totodile
gen 3 - Torchic
gen 4 - Chimchar
gen 5 - Snivy

I - Charmander (Used Pikachu though)
II - Chikorita (Used Pickachu and Misdreavus for all other generations)
III - Mudkip
IV - Piplup
V - Snivy

I = Bulbasaur/ Char
II - Cyndaquil
III- Mudkip/ Tre
IV - Piplup
V - Teh Pig

And yes, in each of the games, I will make sure a Pikachu is in my party. No Pikachu, no complete! Also, Gen IV onwards, I have made Lucario my main.

P.S. Also developed a fondness for this.
i15850847233p.jpg

Kanto definitely gets my vote.
Where this all began, the iconic characters, the evil orginasation and the most epic final boss you'd fight was to be played by you. Red.
Then i'd say Johto because it was the only game to bring more than one region together, essentially making it two games in one. Genius at the time.

Did you hear? There's a Gen V 2 coming out. Da fuq O_o

And I hate the new gen because it doesn't have the same feel as the old ones did. Idk how to explain it lol.

pokemon_bw2_thumb.jpg
o.O when was this?! I never beat black and white! I couldnt take that shit...

Back