ok so what's the deal with lizzy's 3B:B?

Nuez

[09] Warrior
I know it's a JF but is it just me or is it hard as hell to be consistent with it?

does the timing vary on different opponents?

does the timing vary if you're using it off the ground or in a juggle?

i'm loving lizzy like crazy now ... if i could only understand this one move better my OCD will actually let me improve my game with him

people have been testing, and it seems that it varies with different characters. but im not solid enough with it to test it out myself. its not like if the 33B:B was as easy as the one in SC3, lizzy would be broken or anything.
and for some reason i have a better chance of doing yoshi's 2A:B in game then lizzys JF.
but ive been complaining for a while about the B+K, and 33B:B. bamcos got some work to do =P

but ive been complaining for a while about the B+K, and 33B:B. bamcos got some work to do =P

I've asked this in a couple of threads but no one seems to see my posts (or maybe they don't care), but what is this thing that's wrong with B+K that everyone's talking about? I have yet to experience it in play.

As for 33B:B, from my experience, sometimes timing seems to vary when using it multiple times against the SAME character. It's an iffy move at best and that saddens me.

33B:B seems to just have random timing, as far as I can tell. If you record it and replay it, it won't always work on the same character.

Also, 33B:B grabs aerial opponents. I forget what it hits after, but 44B works, I think possibly 11_77B and 66B+K,A,B too.

33B:B is completely, utterly, annoyingly range-dependent. When it connects up close, it's cake. Far away, it never works. In between, ?????

This is annoying because of the various hitboxes of various characters. Upclose on Mitsu is not the same as upclose on Cassie.

And this makes its use in combos inconsistent at best. It can be done after A+B, 44B, or CH 44AB, but it will ONLY work on a close hit. It's maybe 50/50 chance of connecting it if you use A+B in wakes or on an opp doing a low (so the A+B hits deep enough for the 33B:B to AT). Or the rare scenario where you land A+B on a side-facing opp.

The most consistent (like around 80% rate for me) combos with 33B:B is after a CH or post-stun 44AB.

post-stun or CH 44AB, 33B:, LS B, LS A+K
post-stun or CH 44AB, 33B:B, 44[K], LS A (better because of tech catch)

These juggles look wonderful. However, the problem with using 33B:B after 44AB is that the damage is scaled HORRIBLY. Doing CH 44AB, 33A+B does, like, 2-3 points less damage than a 33B:B combo. It's retarded. Doing the second variant listed above is a little better because the catching a tech will give you the full damage.

Back