[Nebraska] Sometimes I Forget We Have Electricity

mkl

[00] Signia's Cheerleader
Anyone from NE playing Soul Cal? I'm prepping for the release of V and wondering if anyone is up for some games in the future.

I'm from Lincoln but have strong ties to central Nebraska and Omaha.

We need to play, then. I'm from Lincoln, considered starting a similar thread myself.

Me and a couple other guys play somewhat regularly on fridays already.

We need to play, then. I'm from Lincoln, considered starting a similar thread myself.

Me and a couple other guys play somewhat regularly on fridays already.

We'll have to chat a bit and figure out a few times to play a few games here and there. I can't think of anywhere in Lincoln that supports the fighter community. Back in Omaha we had Family Fun Center and they used to house all sorts of fighter tournaments (including SCIV).

I've played some games at the Card Room (Now Next Level Gaming, I think. It's tucked away above the Game Room and Timeless Treasures on O st. ) and I know they've had a few tournaments there (Brawl and FPS). I was thinking about seeing if the guy who runs it would be willing to host a tournament maybe a week after the game comes out or so.

We should plan to get together and play some games sometime soon. When's good for everyone? Any day but Sunday and Friday for me, but it has to be in the evening. Should we find some alternate way to contact each other?

Yeah we should find another way to contact each other for the time being and get more people on here. I'm job hunting like a mug right now so I can get a system and the game when it comes out. If I can get to places, my best days are Wednesday and Saturdays, Thursdays are doable but only after 7:30-8:00 P.M. Mondays are a toss up as well cause my mom goes to church so it had to be after she gets back so I can do something cause I watch my handicapped sister till she gets back.

Sunday (after 3pm) all the way to Wednesday are free days for me.

Hmm okay then. The only problem I see bout this which can be slightly minor or major is that you guys live in Lincoln and I live in Omaha but other than that it's meh. Also what characters are you guys are going to mess around with and try to learn when Soul Caliber 5 drops, Aeon(Lizardman) and Rafael for me?

Hmm okay then. The only problem I see bout this which can be slightly minor or major is that you guys live in Lincoln and I live in Omaha but other than that it's meh. Also what characters are you guys are going to mess around with and try to learn when Soul Caliber 5 drops, Aeon(Lizardman) and Rafael for me?

They ruined Family Fun Center so that puts Omaha on the same level as Lincoln for play spots. I'm going to learn Yoshi and Viola. I may try my hand at Nightmare as well since he was my main back in SC1 and 2.

They ruined Family Fun Center so that puts Omaha on the same level as Lincoln for play spots. I'm going to learn Yoshi and Viola. I may try my hand at Nightmare as well since he was my main back in SC1 and 2.

I heard bout that myself from a few people but the last time I went to FFC was back in 09 and don't know the full story. What exactly happened with FFC anyway and how they ruined it?

I heard bout that myself from a few people but the last time I went to FFC was back in 09 and don't know the full story. What exactly happened with FFC anyway and how they ruined it?

I just went back for the first time since '09 today (been awhile myself, I lived in Omaha back then). Back then they had the second floor completely devoted to a more adult type lounge area filled with fighting games, web kiosks, and pool. Now they replaced all of it with a paintball area, which is cool but I obviously preferred the older setup. Now the only shit that remains from that area is one pool table, SSFIV, and SFIII:TS. They put both of the fighters in newer arcade cabinets though and they look pretty good. There's just no way for tournaments anymore it's looking like.

Of course they stopped tourneys, The last time they did a tourney was for MK9 earlier this year and that's when the game came out. They only did tourneys for brand new games and that's it. But yeah there part of my childhood gone, I used to go there for birthday parties and play Marvel and other fighters there even though I was horrible lol. Speaking of which I need to get me an arcade stick to learn on.

Would everyone be up for meeting at the Card Room for some games on Wednesday, or is that too short notice? They open at 5, I dunno when everyone's free.

It's through this mostly unmarked door on the other side of Timeless Treasures from the Game Room, they put a sign out on the sidewalk sometimes. About 17th and O. If you guys are up for it let me know, I'll give you my number so I can help you find the place if you need it.

I don't know for me but more than likely a no go cause I have no license and no car that can drive well at the moment. I can drive but I am mad nervous driving around people.

Would everyone be up for meeting at the Card Room for some games on Wednesday, or is that too short notice? They open at 5, I dunno when everyone's free.

It's through this mostly unmarked door on the other side of Timeless Treasures from the Game Room, they put a sign out on the sidewalk sometimes. About 17th and O. If you guys are up for it let me know, I'll give you my number so I can help you find the place if you need it.

Alright cool, PM me your number and I'll stop by on wednesday with a few buddies who play too.

Of course they stopped tourneys, The last time they did a tourney was for MK9 earlier this year and that's when the game came out. They only did tourneys for brand new games and that's it. But yeah there part of my childhood gone, I used to go there for birthday parties and play Marvel and other fighters there even though I was horrible lol. Speaking of which I need to get me an arcade stick to learn on.

They held SFIV tournaments almost every month for awhile.

Back