My theory on Groh, Nightmare's identity and New Kilik Mechanics

The tattoo didn't manifest until E.I.N. was awakened, which occurs when Z.W.E.I., or rather, the man who would become Z.W.E.I., is put to death by lynching by none other than Dumas. Possibly the original Dumas, not the Dumas that Nightmare assumes the identity of during SoulCalibur V. E.I.N. saves the man from death and forms a pact, and thus, Z.W.E.I. was born. This information is from New Legends of Project Soul, definitely worth a read if you have not already.

That being said, if you're saying that Grøh becomes E.I.N., not Z.W.E.I., then that would mean that he dies and becomes a werewolf spirit somehow? I dunno exactly how that would work. If he sacrifices his life and some weird Soul sword sorcery happens, perhaps, maybe, but worth noting is that Grøh'a insignia is that of a lion, and it has three swords, which contrasts the fact that he only has two swords. Z.W.E.I. gets a three-hilted sword from a blacksmith as some sort of bet (again New Legends of Project Soul), and maybe this could be the third sword.

I think we need to see Grøh's father before we draw any real concrete for sure conclusions. Grøh may be the man who becomes Z.W.E.I., and his father may be E.I.N., that is also a possibility.

Thank you for letting me know!! I had no idea on that information but I still believe its very possible that Grøh becomes E.I.N. I have a feeling that he is a relative to Z.W.E.I. maybe father or something and that's why he saved Z.W.E.I. from death. Maybe Grøh got trapped into the Astral Chaos and transformed into E.I.N. and when Dumas attacked the portal opened and he managed to save him. I agree though that we have to wait and see what his father is like to get a better idea!

Happy belated birthday! :) I want ZWEI to return so badly and Groh being the Son of ZWEI would be some crazy tie in lol

I remember Vergeben saying that Papa-Groh is a unique style so it does debunk that hope unfortunately.

But yeah I do see similar traits, even the tease of Groh had people saying ZWEI lol

Also looking at footage Groh didn't have the greatest throw range which is another thing him and ZWEI have in common lol

I have a facebook friend that seems to think Gro is Patroklos from the future. Hes like strangely convinced.

I have a facebook friend that seems to think Gro is Patroklos from the future. Hes like strangely convinced.
He does look like Patroklos in the face, and some of his attacks feel Patroklos-ish, but with some Z.W.E.I. mixed in, maybe a little Setsuka/Cervantes.

But if the father is revealed and it's anyone except for Rothion, well, that idea is right out the window.

Well, whatever the answer is, I just hope we get an answer, the last thing I want is another Viola. In the sense of a charácter that only raises questions, that seems obvious who is, but we never really have an actual answer

Back