Movelist Wishlist

weshookhands

[13] Hero
in forthcoming iterations, i'd like to see basically the same minimalistic style Setsuka has been using in the previous 2 games. yet, i think she could certainly use more safe lows and maybe some natural mix-up combos.

when i first tried her out, i was wondering why there was no second attack after 11/77K. the way she holds her parasol up makes the move look so incomplete. she should be able to turn this into a 11K,B or 11K,A, flashing her umbrella open and horizontally swing it at the opponent or something (pretty much like in her perfect match winning pose).

a new stance would be nice, too (crouched constant GI stance similar to Siegfried's, hiding behind her umbrella; could be easily entered from 2143aB, or from the move described above, etc.). i dig stances in general. and they would pretty much match her Iaijutsu theme imo.

reworked/better A+G.
make 4K a mid hit. i looks so ridiculous when sets visibly kicks a crouched opponent in the face but whiffs.
give her back 33/99A from SC3, of course.

ah 4k's. half the time it'll come out as a 1k, the other half it misses completely. shame, as i find it very usefull.

haha true!
setsuka has all the tools you need. Her lows may be a small weakness but i like it that way. I don't want to see any noobs spam some mix-ups with her like mitsu or so. she should stay a character for more experienced players. Btw her lows aren't that bad. 11A can become a 70 damage combo if it CH and if you practice 1 A:A:A you will see it's one of the better low-mid moves in the game. i would actually hate it if sets got a move like sophies 1 AA or so. And even if she got a move like that, i wouldn't use it. Sets her game doesn't depend very much on low-mid mix-ups. i depends being faster then your enemy and CH and combo'ing them to death.

you got me all wrong -_-...

i was speculating about new moves (since her movelist WILL change and be expanded sooner or later).
does anyone use 11K on a regular basis? no? that's why i was suggesting how they could make it a move worth executing. we could, of course, reduce her movelist to pro moves like 33B, 1B:B and other "tools we need" but that'd be kinda boring, i guess. SC:BD was said to be more "beginner friendly", which makes it likely that they'll simplify setsuka's moveset at least for the PSP. that's why i thought we could discuss that here.

setsuka will most likely remain the snobbish posh elite character you want her to be, even if they add some mix-up (JF mix up?). because ONE mix-up cannot make up for a challenging style in general. i mean, seriously, setsuka's difficulty and noob incompatibility can't be the only reasons to play her. it doesn't make us fly above everyone else. it's oughta be fun in the first place. and challenge can apparently be fun as well.

on the other hand, i'm talking to pro-players here and i'm just a casual player who likes to use challenging moves...

11K is a very underrated move, and I use it constantly. I won't discuss the details here since I will be cleaning up these threads soon but the fact that it's her ONLY tracking low that hits grounded makes it very useful, especially since you can do it out of a wavedash, and its on hit properties aren't as bad as it looks on paper. The range isn't too shabby either.

4K being a mid would be a bit extreme IMO, and I'd rather it stay high and serve one of its few important purposes as an aGI (mid) bait.

My wish is that when you hit the enemy with JF umbrella, rainbows and butterflies come out, bringing joy and happiness to the entire world.

I wish Sets had a two hit kick attack.
44K,B.

No need for more canned two-part kicks. Nobody knows 44K,B, thus the B is usually an interrupt. It's a good round finisher, and more original than the simplistic 2K...
On block, it deals sweet gauge damage.

For some reason 214K 214K seems fast, too. It's fun, but not really what you mean, I assume.
214K on block might be a good 214B bait. Especially online.

...And hell, you want a badass two-part kick? Try 66K 2143a:B. Or 66K 11A.

I wish Sets had a two hit kick attack.

Like Plume said
44K,B
A lot of Setsuka's don't have this move in their arsenal. So, you can get B off a lot of the times. It is good for interruption, like Plume said.

On that note, 44K,B is a pretty good move for Soul Gauge damage as well. 44K,B is in my arsenal when trying to soul crush. Same as WC3A+B, 22BB, 66A+B and WC3B:b- all very effective Soul Gauge damage moves.

What I wish she had... well, she's stocked up on the JFs- though I'd add a JF on 22A+B,A. That would add a little more challenge to the wither and die combos, lol. Also, with her Umbrella JF. I'd add another move to it when the JF succeeds- much like her (Facing Away) B+K:b+k

personally i'd like to see something like an auto counter with the GI in 88_66_33 K.

like her blade going through the umbrella when attacked or something.

that's about it.

I'd like to see a 2a+b cancel that leaves her in crouching state. Imagine the fear of umbrella you'll inject into your opponents...

Back