Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

6B:2:
66A+B as a follow up seems techable. Double check anyone?
Tested on Mitsu, Maxi and Viola, not techable. Which char do you use, which ukemi side? Will only wiff if you're point blank and off-axis to your right.

Tested on Mitsu, Maxi and Viola, not techable. Which char do you use, which ukemi side? Will only wiff if you're point blank and off-axis to your right.

Pyrrah, it wiffed because I was point blank and off-axis.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Unfortunately, i'v found 6B:2 to be pretty useless, now that more and more are used to seeing that animation. It's almost allways blocked on reaction now. Not sure how to incorporate it into mitsu's play at this point.

Unfortunately, i'v found 6B:2 to be pretty useless, now that more and more are used to seeing that animation. It's almost allways blocked on reaction now. Not sure how to incorporate it into mitsu's play at this point.

I'm not sure how practical this is, but I've incorporated it into a 50/50 mix up game after 44B (mitsu's useless launcher) launches. It forces the opponent to either block low or eat 236B*/hold damage or even a useful launcher like 3B.

I will test with air control tomorrow.

I heard people talking about jumping over downed opponents or doing Mitsu's 9+A+B to get behind people and go into BT state so that his BT A+B becomes available, but people didn't like it because of how unsafe it was... well, just found this in training.

3B, kB

Do the kB as the opponent is falling and by the time they hit the ground you'll be behind them :)

Have fun!

I am hesitant to call anything in a game "overpowered" two weeks into it, but it just seems to me that no matter what I do, Mitsurugi just beats the crap out of me. If I fight someone who can defend against my offense decently enough, they beat me every single time.

His 4B, 2K B BE, his horizontal lows, his CE that is unblockable and picks you up OTG...

Not only can all these moves hit you easily if you are dealing with a player that has half an idea about what they are doing, but they do so much damage. His 4B, for example, does more damage than Leixia's 44B, in addition to having more reach, a better start up time, and an easier input.

Even with other noob-friendly characters like Nightmare, Astaroth, and Siegfried I have figured out opportunities to punish. I will still get beat if the player knows what they are doing, but with Mitsurugi it seems even if they player does predictable stuff they can still easily win.

Is Mitsurugi truly overpowered? Or am I just going about fighting him incorrectly? If someone could point me to some anti-Mitsu tactics that would be greatly appreciated.

I am hesitant to call anything in a game "overpowered" two weeks into it, but it just seems to me that no matter what I do, Mitsurugi just beats the crap out of me. If I fight someone who can defend against my offense decently enough, they beat me every single time.

His 4B, 2K B BE, his horizontal lows, his CE that is unblockable and picks you up OTG...

Not only can all these moves hit you easily if you are dealing with a player that has half an idea about what they are doing, but they do so much damage. His 4B, for example, does more damage than Leixia's 44B, in addition to having more reach, a better start up time, and an easier input.

Even with other noob-friendly characters like Nightmare, Astaroth, and Siegfried I have figured out opportunities to punish. I will still get beat if the player knows what they are doing, but with Mitsurugi it seems even if they player does predictable stuff they can still easily win.

Is Mitsurugi truly overpowered? Or am I just going about fighting him incorrectly? If someone could point me to some anti-Mitsu tactics that would be greatly appreciated.

His 4B and 2KB BE are strong tools, but like anything else they have consequences if the mitsu player is read. for 4B, try to predict it and either evade it with movement (sidestep or backdash) or just guard/auto parry/GI it when you see it about to hit you. When you say his horizontal lows, I assume you mean 1A. It's pretty slow, and almost all good SC players can react to hit. Just keep practicing.

His CE is not unblockable, only the second part is. But the second part only comes if the first part hits. I don't know why namco decided to put the unblockable notification, it only confuses new players.

Anyway Mitsu is a strong character, but definitely beatable.

1A is part of the problem, but I block that one 95% of the time because they normally use it after a knock down. There is also one he does during 8 way run, but I don't know the input. I think the problem here is the reach and damage that these attacks offer, especially when you consider that they can swipe you with a vertical after they knock you down.

To pose a question to the community. The title is suggestive of this. Are questions not allowed? Or am I only supposed to spout off my opinion?

If you have a question, then just ask the question. Don't be quick to call something overpowered just because you lose to it. But no, Mitsu is not overpowered.

All you did was spout off your opinion. And in this case your opinion was ill informed, inapproriate and unncessary.

Did you read the last paragraph?

I presented a possible issue, I gave my opinion on the issue, then I ended the post with an invitation to others to discuss it. The entire post was written humbly, since I am new to the forum. I did not act as if what I thought was superior to what anyone else thought. If you think what I said isn't right, you are more than welcome to respond to my claims in a mature manner, kind of like Nofacekill3r did.

"All you did was spout off your opinion" is total hyperbole.

And here I thought the SCV community would show a little more maturity than some of the other games out there... guess I was too naive.

I have to agree with Synraii, he really isn't overpowered. My advice would be to use him for a bit and see how people counter when you do the predictable stuff you were talking about.

Back