legal or not legal

MLP715

[08] Mercenary
ok now that darth vader and yoda are on both consoles are they now tournament legal? i know most people might not want them allowed in tournys but the issue was because they were console exclusives. i hope yoda remains banned but vader should be legal (he can be thrown ,yoda cannot for the people that didnt know) im interested in the communitys opinion on this matter.

Personally I would keep them banned. Even if they aren't console exclusive anymore, you still have to pay money to get the other Star Wars character. I don't know about the rest of the people on this board, but I'm not going to waste money on a character that shouldn't even be in this game in the first place just to appease other people. I know that they aren't expensive at all, but I just do not see how Yoda, Vader, and The Apprentice deserve to have a place on SCIV's roster.

I haven't fought against Vader yet (I have the 360 version) so I'm not really sure if he's considered lame, but I hope they at least keep Yoda banned. Yeah, I know, any good player can counter him and his gimmicks but I just don't feel like going against a character that can throw you, but you can't throw him.

@ToxicInfection: Yoda's such a piece of crap that nobody's going to use him in any real tourney. Just because you don't like to fight him though, doesn't mean he should be banned. I don't like to fight a Sophie that knows how to punish my moves. It doesn't mean she should be smacked with the ban-hammer, especially since she's weaker than the last game.

Dullyanna: MLP715 asked for the forum's opinions on this matter and I gave mine. In my opinion, I stated that I didn't like going against Yoda. If people don't care whether people use him or not, that's fine with me. That's their opinion.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to be rude. Anyway, I have a feeling they're going to remain banned, just because people have to pay for them.

I see no reason for why Vader should banned. People can use him if they want, and if people don't want to buy him, then that's fine. Yoda shouldn't be usable though because fighting him changes many many things. Don't forget that many combos don't work him, attack throws don't either, and of course neither do throws.

Most communities are currently allowing Yoda and Vader, since they're no longer console exclusive, and that's the only reason they were banned in the first place.

Back