Have a question? Ask here!

so how exactly do you guys "count frames" i know the game runs at 60fps, but how is it possible to count something that fast?

Honestly? Play a LOT. And not online. The lag screws stuff up, especially since it's not consistent. After awhile you can just 'see' frames. I can't really explain it any better than that - your sense of timing just improves radically after a lot of playing.

For example, Talim in SC2 (I haven't played her since, so I'm not familiar with her current incarnation) had a multithrow with a 1 frame break. That's 1/60th of a second. Yet I got to the point where I became pretty consistent with breaking it simply because I knew where it was.

Just play a lot. There's no shortcut.

so how exactly do you guys "count frames" i know the game runs at 60fps, but how is it possible to count something that fast?

The part I'm curious about, is what methodology is used to calculate the various frame timings. Are they measured from when the move animation starts (which might not necessarily be the same as when the move actually starts)? Or are they measured from when the last button is pressed, or when the first button is pressed? (and if this is the case, how would you actually go about recording that).

So, if there are 2 moves that are say i15, and one of them is just say B and the other is 41236B, does the frame data factor in at all that the 41236 takes a moment (possibly a frame's worth) to actually input? Or is it assuming that you finish the inputs at exactly the same time and thus both impact in 15 frames.

And what about moves where you hold the input down? How long do you have to hold down B in a 236 as opposed to a 236B? And is that factored into the frame data?

As to the counting frames question, I seriously doubt anyone keeps a running tally in their head. Its more about recognizing moves that the other guy does and knowing what moves can either interrupt/counter, or recognizing what puts you or them at advantage/disadvantage after block and picking an appropriate move in response to that.

An example of this would be when Cervantes does that triple vertical BBB, its -19 on block. So, if as Cassandra I block that, I can respond with 6B which is i16. But, knowing the exact numbers isn't really necessary, I've been doing that one for a long time and only just now looked up the disadvantage that puts Cervantes at.

IIRC: The "i" in notations such as i15, i22, etc. means "input". This means that upon when the input is complete, that is how many frames it takes for the move to land/reach it's active frame. How long it takes you to preform the input is not taken into consideration.

IIRC: The "i" in notations such as i15, i22, etc. means input. This means that upon when the input is complete, that is how many frames it takes for the move to land/reach it's active frame. How long it takes you to preform the input is not taken into consideration.

I always assumed it stood for "impact" as in how many frames it took to impact (or hit) the opponent. Though that would get confusing with guard impacting, which is a totally different subject.

I always assumed it stood for "impact" as in how many frames it took to impact (or hit) the opponent. Though that would get confusing with guard impacting, which is a totally different subject.

It could be. I'm not 100% sure myself when it comes to what "i" stands for exactly. All I know is time taken to input the command is not taking into consideration when it comes to frame data. It only calculates data from when the animation of the move begins, to where it's active, and finally when it ends.

IIRC: The "i" in notations such as i15, i22, etc. means "input". This means that upon when the input is complete, that is how many frames it takes for the move to land/reach it's active frame. How long it takes you to preform the input is not taken into consideration.

i love that. when you put things simply as you did, it makes it wasy for the retarded people such as myself to understand

andur: yeah, I was told it meant "impact"

meaning the an i15 move will impact (hit the opponent) 15 frames after the command has been input

Somewhere on this forum I found a link to a website selling a cable that connected a wired xbox360 controller to a ps3 controller. Anyone know where that link was? It's important.

I want to be able to put a sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

JUST LIKE TAG YOUR PREG!!!!!

Can anyone give me pointers on Kilik's FoTD throw. i've tried and tried and cannot get the timing right. i can get the initial grab just can't swing the rest. any help is greatly appreciated.

Can anyone give me pointers on Kilik's FoTD throw. i've tried and tried and cannot get the timing right. i can get the initial grab just can't swing the rest. any help is greatly appreciated.
We have an entire topic just for that. :)

http://www.8wayrun.com/f30/any-tips-to-pull-off-festival-of-the-t1136/

But yeah, feel free to direct any other Kilik-related inquiries in the SA or our chat thread:

http://www.8wayrun.com/f30/kilik-matchups-general-chat-topic-t988/

Back