Dual Fight Sticks

MammothMan

WR B, NSS A+B, GS KK, W!, 4KK, 33B, GSB
I need a fight stick for the upcoming CEO tournament. As I do not own a PS3, buying a PS3 controller just for one tournament is not fiscally a good idea. So I want to get a fight stick that is compatible with both PS3 and the 360. Anyone have any suggestions? My google-fu is failing me right now to find something like this.

arcade in a box and byrdo both make dual system sticks. imo byrdo's sticks are a far deal better in terms of craftsmanship, materials, and overall artistic value. unfortunately they are also a good deal more expensive and come with a wait.

check out byrdo's work here...based out of new mexico/TX, his work is jaw-dropping, but comes at a price. beware...looking at his sticks will blow your mind and might leave you a sticky mess. his is the sort of "must have" art that is poison to me and my wallet, and is priceless to the original collector. if you like amazing etching, 100% original artwork and flamed maple and mahogany and other rare rainforest woods and shit, he is your man for sure: http://www.byrdo.org/joystick.html

arcade-in-a-box is based out of AZ and, while the artistic awesomeness of their sticks is nothing even remotely near what byrdo does, their gear is about 1/2 the price and 1/2 the wait. also, you would have to pay to ship it to them for repairs, unlike byrdo, who guarantees all his work for life. AiaB sticks have a great reputation throughout the SW and west coast though for being speedy, high quality, and are the favorite of pretty much all the tournament players in the area. most people will go this route simply because of the ease of modification and replacement parts as well as the lower prices. check them out here: http://www.aiabstore.com/main.sc

both of these manufacturers i know personally and have beaten the tar out of their sticks and will vouch 100% for their work and customer service. AiaB can have a brand new stick to you in a month to get to breaking in. byrdo, you may notice, has nothing immediately available because all of his sticks are sold before he makes them, but if you contact him with ideas he will get you a price and time frame, with ample break in time for CEO i'm sure.

Godspu, based out of chicago...i think... also does lots of notable work for tournament players, and i have seen cross compatible sticks come from him as well. i don't know contact info for him nor have i met him or used his equipment, so i can't vouch for it although i do know many people who do. i think quality and price-wise, his gear is in between what AiaB and byrdo do. i would definitely look into him as well before making a decision.

99% of my stick experience comes from either brand name hori or namco crap that is mass produced or from these southwest independent manufacturers. maybe someone can fill you in on what is going on in the rest of the country for sticks. i take great pride in my buddies down here though, and from what i have seen, their work is untouched by anyone else.

So, after banging my head on the table for several weeks, I finally figured out what to do about this.

afterglow-ap1-controller-review-20100503050645913-000.jpg

Just picked up this puppy from Gamestop for free using my powerup reward points from all of my game trade ins. So free PS3 controller for me HA!

So, after banging my head on the table for several weeks, I finally figured out what to do about this.

afterglow-ap1-controller-review-20100503050645913-000.jpg

Just picked up this puppy from Gamestop for free using my powerup reward points from all of my game trade ins. So free PS3 controller for me HA!

Im in the same boat as you. I found a PS3 controller that had the analog stick switched like the xbox one (yes I play using the analog stick not that pos dpad) I havent had a chance to use it yet cause I dont know anyone with a PS3. NIZ bought one of those for the Jaxeldome and said it wasnt half bad. The triggers feel weird but once you get used to it, its pretty good!! Lemme know how this goes MammothMan.....Cause I bought one that was slightly different. Im really interested to see what that one is like!! How much was it, who makes it?

HRD

It was actually free for me, standard retail is 29.99. The makers are Performance Design Products.

I'll be heading down to O-town next weekend, trying to set up some games with Enkindu and Crimson for a few hours. I'll be taking this along, I'll give a break down of how well it performs that Sunday.

I'll be heading down to O-town next weekend, trying to set up some games with Enkindu and Crimson for a few hours. I'll be taking this along, I'll give a break down of how well it performs that Sunday.

OffT:Sunday is my daughter's brithday. Might not be able to make those games, but I can see..

Carry on.

No no, you misunderstand. I'll be available Saturday, I'll be writing up the review on Sunday. I'm thinking around noon Saturday.

Back