Does anyone else find the Angry Joe review funny?

ZOo00OOm

is dead

For the most part, I don't hate on AJ nor do I actually like most of his stuff (in a way he's a milder Nostalgia Critic, which is a good thing). But I decided to rewatch this review and I found it very funny. It wasn't because of the dumb skits but the actual gameplay.

Especially the laggy Ezio CE and "3 hour campaign".

Zway
Patroklohs
Pierah

ZOo00OOm said:
I found it very funny. It wasn't because of the dumb skits but the actual gameplay.

Not much to say the truth. First time I've seen this guy. To me the review looks more or less "serious" just a bit carefree but in general is not a funny comic review.

Sometimes. I watch his reviews regularly. He mostly does a fine job on making good points about the video games he reviews.

I like Joe, but I hate his reviews on fighters. In addition, I feel he could of at least done a little research into this game, seeing as how he picked up on "It's as if they didn't have enough time" in regards to the story mode.

(Which I believe you can blow through in about 30 minutes to an hour once you actually know how to play and skip all the cutscenes)

Also, looking back, I really don't think he gets the point of training mode. ._.

(>*.*) Zwei looked really funny spinning into that hole during his fight with Nightmare in that video at 8:28.

I found his review entertaining, but I think he was spot on about a lot of the game's issues (lack of arcade intro/endings, extra mode, exhibition, singleplayer modes, the training mode needing to be thorough, the Lackluster Souls Mode, etc,.). There's a problem when someone who isn't a fan of fighting games is able to tell that SCV was rushed in some aspects. It's a great game, but for $59.99 and being light on content, it left a lot to be desired. A 7/10 seems to be an appropriate score.

Joe's review was a MASTERPIECE compared to my favorite SCV review.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/01/soul-calibur-v-review/

Awesome, hahaha.

I watched the "angry" review of SCV a few months back, I actually found it to be pretty agreeable for the most part. From that perspective(casual players that don't really invest time into significantly improving their skills to gert more out of a game) it does make a lot of sense and pretty much every point is agreeable. It's still a pretty fair review in any light though, I think.

I thought his review was OK. Fair, accurate, understandable.
He could put more effort into learning the game, and he did make fun of some mediocre voice acting a little more than was called for... but yeah, his complaints about the single players modes I completely agree with, as with his praise for the every other area.
I find this training mode to be more helpful than any I've used, but I can see how it's difficult to understand at first glance... I don't know if he found the help section or not but it's not exactly in depth.

Funny though? Not really. The beginning was irritating, and as far as I can remember his only other joke was that voice acting material.
But it was a decent review.

Joe's review was a MASTERPIECE compared to my favorite SCV review.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/01/soul-calibur-v-review/
I just read this shit, WTF DID I JUST READ, and I would like to quote a few of his comments:

I saw Siegfried used as a rush down attacker. He pulled of sword combos at a speed that would make Xianghua blush (if she was in the game)
I'm sorry what??? No, just no.

Ezio is one of the best Cameo for the series. Although the crossbow is OP
Really... do you know how to duck?

This mode is also tough as everyone will use their most powerful moves. But when you get past the likes of Seigfried and Nightmare, you’ll notice how pathetically weak characters like Cervantes are in comparison.
I just died.

Ignoring training mode, which has some nice touches but doesn’t actually teach you anything,
Of course it doesn't in your case, because your a fucking idiot.

That is, unless you like Patroklos and Pyyrah.
That is the worst spelling of Pyrrha I have seen in a long time.

End result: Who let this guy write a review?

Umm...AJ looks kind of c-.....Okay let me not say it.

I'd say his reception of this game was spot on to my reception of it.

he did make fun of some mediocre voice acting a little more than was called for... but yeah.
934612_574461989254862_430359933_n.jpg

Just shut up! WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?

I still like the pointless cutscene of where Patroklos is released from astral chaos for the second time (falling out the sky into the middle of a battlefield. Starts running through everyone and kills One...not two.
Just ONE random solider XD

I still like the pointless cutscene of where Patroklos is released from astral chaos for the second time (falling out the sky into the middle of a battlefield. Starts running through everyone and kills One...not two.
Just ONE random solider XD
Because he was a MALFESTED!

Yeah but after playing the story, I made concepts that made alot more sense than what Project Soul's rushed work (cant blame them cause of the earthquake and the pressure from namco :/)
But when they did the cliche "going back in time to correct a mistake I was like
nojWx.gif
Lol.

Back