Daishi tweets awesome SCV cosplay; Harada tweets fans should have "hope".

SCV Director Daishi Odashima has recently tweeted for the first time in 3 months. His tweet was a re-tweet of an awesome SCV cosplay from an anime convention called Cartoomics 2013. Check it out:

578889_10151366330972939_2008984406_n.jpg
Ytheynocervantes?

He's just pointing out fanart.

Jesus, you people overreact to everything.
Posting a fanart: I don't give a bubble.
Posting a fanart about another franchise: I don't give a bubble.
Posting a fanart about another franchise contradicting what we are living: I do give a bubble.

Why would he ask people not to say "lost character" while the character actually disappeared from the series? If you are a FF7 fan, wouldn't you give a bubble if, let's say, Capcom said, after hinting a FF7-2, "don't say that Aerith is dead"?

And about overreaction, we just got "Soulcalibur Army of Darkness, it's serious" and here we are, with a topic and 6 pages :) Speculations and analysis.

I will selfishly wish that this update/new game (who the fuck knows) will NOT appear on another console.

But then again, current consoles are nearing the end of their life cycle. Considering they've been out since 2006, it's a miracle they lasted as long as they did.

I predict that PS will make a console launch title with PS4, as it would gather tons of attention to the Soul Calibur name, and possibly a way to showcase the ps4's graphics.

This would be a very good business move on namco's part.

Suddenly had a craving for Soul Calibur. Googled Soul Calibur VI... found this... seeing negativity.

Soul Calibur Army of Darkness? I can't believe no one yet has pointed out the obvious.

army_of_darkness_poster_04.jpg

For all that is good. Please be real. This is the cross-over that dreams are made of.

While it would be obvious. It's really not that kind of "army of darkness" that Harada means.
In the universe of Soul Calibur, Nightmare once led an army of Lizardmen and golems and other creatures. They were called The army of darkness. I still hope that this isn't a Legends all over again rather than a Soul Calibur tag game (TTT2 style) or a cool update for 5

I might get some ennemies, but to me portable consoles appear more "childish" than hom console... I mean, I'm not gonna take my portable console to play between class when I teach, I'm not gonna take it during a family meeting, when going to the restaurant, or while planning a break at the beach. "I'm too old for this shit" xD I must be old too for home consoles, but it shows I can live without it :D Therefore, I will not have as much fun on a portable game. But hey, that's just my idea ^^

Anyway, who plans to buy a Vita to play the next SC game? I won't, 'cause either it's another failure and they'll take their last chance on PS4/Xbox3, or it's a success and they'll plan the next SC game on a next gen console.
I'm 35 and I play Tekken 6 on my PSP while I'm waiting ungodly amounts of time with my family to get a seat at Outback.

Man-child mode activated. ;_;

He's just pointing out fanart.

Jesus, you people overreact to everything.
No, he was correcting the artist for saying that Cassandra was "lost." This leads me at least to logically conclude that she will return, since if SCV were the last game, she really would be lost, in astral chaos, forever.

There's also a possibility that "Army of Darkness" could refer to Dumas's army. The story was missing huge chunks of why there was a battle/war but it seems to have been pivotal to the story. I can see the rest of the characters somehow making an appearance in the war, that's related to the division of good vs evil on the roster that they've seem to plan out. For now, we only see Zwei and Siggy that fought in the war during the text cutscenes. Even though it's Hilde's stage, we never saw her.

Anyway, I'm just guessing lol. But I'm thinking that 'Army of Darkness' could be all the events leading up to it and it might even play out something similar to Chronicles of the Sword with CaS where your character could either join Hilde/Sieg side for justice *_* or Nightmare's side, where he's using SE and his army to take over the world.

During that scene were Pyrrha went bonkoers and transformed into O.Pyrrha, Patty Cakes and his sister did arrive at a randomly burning and destroyed town so maybe Nighty got tired of playing around at court and he's decided to hurry and kill ppl for yummy souls and revive SE's true powers since he 'somehow knows (story)' that SC was back. Voldo went after Pat and I'm pretty sure he was ordered to.

Mitsu says, "Boy, this is war!" to Xiba and "Patty Cakes (lol), this is war!" to Patroklos. (could be some sort of joke though)

But in summary, I'm thinking they're going to be using that 3/4 story that they still have and make this with maybe a few extra modes (crosses fingers for endings and team battle), the DLC CaS clothes that they still have, and maybe DLC characteres if we're real lucky. (>T.T) Talim...

*Just guessing! I'm not rock solid sure that this is Army of Darkness is actually the 'Super SCV' even though to me, that's what it looks like.

Okay, I have forgotten about the letdowns that Daishi and Project Soul have had with SCV and I'm going to keep the faith that this will happen. It would be cool if they released it for the PS3 but it would make sense if they made it for the PS4.

I'm thinking this "Army of Darkness" might be the full SCV game with all the things that should have been included in SCV from start. I'm just saying this because Soul Calibur IV's full version was called Soul Calibur IV: Broken Destiny. So maybe with Soul Calibur V, it will be called Soul Calibur V: The Army of Darkness or something like that.

All I hope and pray is that they don't release this game for the PSP/PS Vita, please please please release for a console instead of a handheld. But yeah, everyone deserves a second chance so I'm going to put my hope into Daishi and the team, I know they are capable of something great.

Back