Countering just Gaurds

Thank you. I got most of that but what do you mean by guaranteed hits. In reference to the situation that i mentioned I can't imagine what you mean by guaranteed hits. Since then I have found out about a mod that replaces your character with a bot from training mode set to just guards and grab breaks. I really hope that is what he was using or my embarrassment continuous.

Thank you. I got most of that but what do you mean by guaranteed hits. In reference to the situation that i mentioned I can't imagine what you mean by guaranteed hits. Since then I have found out about a mod that replaces your character with a bot from training mode set to just guards and grab breaks. I really hope that is what he was using or my embarrassment continuous.
In a situation where someone whiffs, they're stuck for the duration of the animation. You can hit them in such a situation without having to worry about any defensive options on their part.

In a counter hit situation, you're hitting them out of an attack. Again, there's no way for them to avoid the hit. That's a guaranteed hit situation.

Use fakes also. Dem mind games.

Also, stop attacking right away after his attacks. Mix up your flow so he/she won't be able to JG it all the time.

kG or bG are good fakes.

So you're telling me

He JG'd everything you did for that long, and didn't even try to grab once.

Did try. He kept breaking them. Even tried mix ups to get a low grab. Also quick mention to people who keep mentioning HIM attacking. He didn't attack. I do appreciate the help but When the opponent doesn't attack there is no guaranteed hits.

Also quick mention to people who keep mentioning HIM attacking. He didn't attack.
That's weird.

If it happens again, throw him four times, and then just wait. Throw break makes you take a little damage, make him throw break a few times and you'll have a life lead. Then he has to do something, or he loses.

Sounds like a cheater or some kind of troll to me. Just abuse game mechanics against him too, and see if he doesn't start playing for real.

Wait, if you tried to throw and he broke them, and didn't attack... How could these be ties and not wins for you?

Something doesn't add up here...

Grab breaks don't always cause damage. They only cause damage if you don't break them in time. You will notice that when you grab break as soon as possible you throw them off then that is it. When you mess up but still within the time frame to get them off, you take damage and fall to the floor. Test it for yourself.

tumblr_m1xdsqWg2a1r0qilz.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for that. Now i'm sure he was using a bot. Appreciate the help.
Sure thing.

Just Guards can be pretty damn powerful, but I don't know if I'd consider them broken.

Botting, on the other hand...

... MLG XXX420noscope?

Wait, if you tried to throw and he broke them, and didn't attack... How could these be ties and not wins for you?
Something doesn't add up here...
Grab breaks don't always cause damage. They only cause damage if you don't break them in time. You will notice that when you grab break as soon as possible you throw them off then that is it. When you mess up but still within the time frame to get them off, you take damage and fall to the floor. Test it for yourself.

I DEMAND EXPLANATION.

Back