Community Lives! <3

Nofacekill3r

[11] Champion
What's up with the community lately? Posting seems to have died down, hype seems to have died down, tournaments are having lower turnouts. Why? Is it:

-SF4?

-People are sick of the game?

-The economy? (Less money to travel/take time off work?)

-A combination of these?

I'm thinking it has alot to do with SF4. I know at least here in So Cal, we have a couple people who quit to play Street Fighter, and even in our most recent gathering people seemed to be more interested in SF4 than SC4.

It's kind of sad seeing how so many people put large amounts of time into this...it would have been nicer to have seen it last longer.

Community Dying?

i hear that im just now getting half decent

im still bad

but damn

this is depressing

Community Dying?

Hilde killed the community. j/k :P

Yeah, I think it was SF4 pretty much.

I don't really see the community as dead though. I'm sure it will liven up in the summer once the big tournaments happen.

Community Dying?

I think it's SF4.

Also, it's the worst time of the year. Seasonality shows that spring time is the worst. You then get summer, where it picks up to the top. Then, it gradually dies down as school starts in the fall, then winter break dies down some more.

Community Dying?

I'm hopin SF4 is just craze. In vegas SSBB is dominating and it pisses me off. It's almost disrespectful to competitive gaming in my eyes to see that game be the popular one.

Community Dying?

SF4, 6 months of Regionals (way too long), a National snubbed by Evo, a less than dedicated community... there are a wide number of reasons.

I personally think SC4 is effectively done after Evo/Nats. With Tekken 6 due in October, SF4 already having a big impact on the scene and BlazBlue/KoF12 also hitting this summer, I don't think there's room or dedication to keep SC4 thriving.

I don't see it getting as bad as the VF community, but I think it'll be done post-Evo/Nats.

Community Dying?

Yeah, SC3 is really putting the hurt on this community... oh wait.

In all seriousness though, the game is getting old, and many other major FGs have, or are being released. Hilde and Algol have put a damper on a lot of people, too.

Community Dying?

People will play. Soul Calibur never died...the Legend never dies...Only people that quit are the ones that just can't keep up. Keep losing to button mashers and such. Somehow people think SF is the better game but it's just that capcom took REALLY LONG to make a quality 2d fighter. after the vs. series'.

And yea Summer will be TOTALLY HYPE. and then the community will shaddup once TORONTO dominates both tournaments. Then the community will die because Toronto will be the proven best and most respected players. Then people will get rooted out and play...KOF?!?!?....T6?!?! which has been out for how long....hmmmm

With Broken Destiny coming out, thats a NEW CHARACTER!!! Plenty of research to be done, plenty of life in this game.

Hell we didn't even find everything in SC3. Who knows what we haven't found in SC4.

Community Dying?

i still feel this game IS the 3D fighter though, which will make it a niche game. People don't always just want 2D. I also say SF4 fad mainly because i a lot of people are disappointed with it and prefer MvC2, SF2:HD, SF:3rd still.

If namco wants to save this game DLC may be it's only shot though.

Community Dying?

While people are posting less... people are still coming to these forums...

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 197
Community Dying?

Threads like this constantly being made, and thus being on the front page with shit like "COMMUNITY DEAD?!?!" and "NO ONE LIKES THIS GAME" and shit, you wonder why new people MIGHT walk in and go "wait a sec...."

Community Dying?

It's SF4...i liked it for a week, but it got old FAST. hoever it'll hold people over b/c:

1)if you suck, you can stay alive longer in SF4
2)the online is better than SC4

i can't see myself hittin up SC much at all when MvC2 comes out though

Community Dying?

How many posts this thread has gotten so quickly with so many positive views proves how alive this forum is.

Community Dying?

I guess you can say I'm emotionally scarred. I didn't even know about a national base for this series when me and my boy were dominating in Houston for SC1 and SC2. We used to go all over the city to find comp and found regulars everywhere. It was hype for about 3 months but then came the dreaded Marvel vs. Capcom. It was like everything dried up after that. At the time we didn't travel or surf the web so we knew nothing about Nats or any other large scale tournaments until after they had a qualifying tournament here. By that time we were kind of jaded and we both left in the middle of the tourny without losing to go to work. If I had known that there was a large base for this game nationally we would have taken it seriously.

Now here in Seattle, I've seen how large this thing can be but I'm still haunted by how it felt when all comp dried up. The game came out in July and by October(which is when I found this and other SC websites) most of the "serious" players here quit playing the game. We have started some get togethers with some of the old guard and try to recruit more people but it just seems we're fighting a losing battle. I hope to God that we can keep it going but it seems that most interest is going to be gone after Nats and Evo. What's to keep people motivated then? Me personally I will always stick to this series, but I don't see most others wanting to play a game that they can no longer prove they are not one of the best to the rest of the world which you can only due at the large tournys like Evo. I don't know I just wanna keep playing other people as long as they are there. Sorry for the mindless rant of a and addict. Just had to get it off my chest.

Back