Basic Notations and Terminology

Newbie Silencer

Use a lower case letter followed by a upper case letter or use a ~ between them. e.g. Setsuka's Winter Funeral is bA.

Newbie Silencer

How can i execute sc4 nightmare's quick neck buster? i know the controls but i can never do it it always turns into a grab instead..

Newbie Silencer

If you use a pad, do it as a slide motion from A to G to A as quickly as possible, it might take some practice.

On stick, just piano the buttons quickly. One of the easiest JFs in the game on stick imo.

Newbie Silencer

How can i increase my dmg, my character is extremely weak for some reason.. Im currently using Nightmare and i already customized it so its attack is 170% but when i fight online the dmg he deals is very weak.. how can i fix this?

Newbie Silencer

How can i increase my dmg, my character is extremely weak for some reason.. Im currently using Nightmare and i already customized it so its attack is 170% but when i fight online the dmg he deals is very weak.. how can i fix this?

Could be 2 things.

Are you in Special or Standard matches? Standard ignores stats entirely.

If you are in Special, what's you're opponent defense and lifebar? It could be negating you're high attack. As well there are many ways to heal.

Newbie Silencer

From the sound of it, it's special and against a very high defense build.

Newbie Silencer

Also what other added buffs do you have and are their any default properties to the weapon? Some buffs make things weaker in certain conditions. The Vertical buff for instance makes horizontals worse and vice versa for the Horizontal buff. Also check if they mention stats inverting compared to something like health or soul gauge.

Newbie Silencer

Ty for your help..i have another question :] Can someone plz decode NSS and W! for me plz? i cant find it in the Newbie Silencer list :P

Newbie Silencer

Quick question:What do you do when your oppenent Attacks too fast(Meaning they keep on attacking and you can`t find a opening to attack back)?

Newbie Silencer

Quick question:What do you do when your oppenent Attacks too fast(Meaning they keep on attacking and you can`t find a opening to attack back)?

Well, first off, that shouldn't be happening unless they're using attacks that put them on advantage. You can't really mash attacks and then use a "fast move" so the opponent can't attack back. Unless you're playing online with people who have incredibly bad connections. But, even online, a lot of "fast attack strings" can be stuffed with multiple options.

Guys,
There's so much experience here, maybe adding it all together, what character would you now recommend a newbie like myself to concentrate on? I've started on Taki but she's looks devilishly complex and my brain isn't as sharp as it used to be...

Starting as a character with basic moves that are reliable and conventional can be very helpful. The Apprentice, Cassandra, Mitsurugi, Sophita, Setsuka, Xianghua and Yoshimitsu can all offer those moves (Setsuka and Yoshimitsu are more difficult to play than the others in that list). But the more important thing is to pick a character you actually enjoy playing.

Reactions: HRD
Thanks for the tip Kvasir. I'm working on Sophita. She's a bit easier and my stupid fingers can work her buttons a bit better. I like to play in close so she's my type of girl for SC4.

Back