Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Gah, what is this, some kind of demented fairy tale? Lol.
Amy + Memory wipe = Viola? Yay, let's blame it on Soul Edge! Like EVERYTHING ELSE!
Well it's more original than saying 'Amy was so broken she couldn't exist and so she died.'
Anyway, good to see an old favorite (Asta). Even though I don't play him, I can't imagine SC without him :)
BTW poor, poor Siegfried.... I'll bet he's the new test play dummy too.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/story.html?sid=6334357&tag=top_stories;title;4

"During the initial presentation, Namco Bandi announced that it would be working with CyberConnect2 (the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series) on the animations for SoulCalibur V. In the previous games, all the character animation was motion-capture based. And while SCV will have some motion capture as well, it will also include some handcrafted animations--perhaps culminating in some very unorthodox attacks."

Do you think this means SCV will slowly change and become better than SC4 animation-wise?

Sure sounds like it. At least some of the attacks will. This could be how Pats "flippy" attacks were made.

OMG The SC5 TGS trailer was awesome! They just showed it on that stream. It showed how Viola is. Her orb is always there the entire fight, and she uses it as a weapon. Hmm.. So much other stuff, but it happened so fast.

New trailer was streamed a minute ago. Narrator was in English but the character voices were in Japanese. Like the previous trailers, it showed some characters in action, including Asta and Viola.

New trailer was streamed a minute ago. Narrator was in English but the character voices were in Japanese. Like the previous trailers, it showed some characters in action, including Asta and Viola.
Wow at last a japanese ingame trailer? Nice! But I missed it! Damns! I hope it'll be uploaded somewhere soon.

Live streams

5 Viewers
VileDeathxWave
VileDeathxWave
The Actual Stream, Day 2 of SC
2 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Lil Latenight Stream | FUTURE SAGA DLC IN A FEW DAYS!!| SCVI/RareSaiyan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members