[Apr 7, 2012] Big E Gaming presents Bar Battles at the Copabanana (Philadelphia, PA)

Malice

Super Moderator
Big E said:
Big E Gaming Presents….

Bar Battles at the Copabanana!!

To all our friends, family and competitors in the north east area, Big E Gaming will be hosting our first ever tournament of a future bar fights series at the Copabanana. Like the rest of our events don’t expect this to be a Hollywood production, we just want to give the community a night every so often to press some buttons, get some drinks, eat some food and shoot the shit. It’s the best of both worlds, playing the best competition the north east has to offer and having a fun night out with the community.

WHEN?
April 7th
Start time TBD

WHERE?
Copabanana
4000 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

http://copabanana.com/

This is literally right next to University Family Fun Center arcade. We have the entire basement level to get loud in!

BAR SPECIALS!

$6 Tokyo Teas
$5 Burgers
More to come…

GAMES & PRICING

Venue Fee - $10

Street Fighter X Tekken ($10)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ($10)
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 ($5)
Soul Calibur 5 ($10)

UNIVERSAL SINGLES GAME RULES

* 2 / 3 games for a match set in pools and semis.
* Grand finals consist of 3 / 5 games.
* After a game has concluded, winner must stick with same char/team for the next game.
* Loser has option of switching char/team.
* Game breaking glitches are banned.
* Pausing a game will result in forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive this option.
* All tournaments are double elimination.
* All tournament payouts are split 70/20/10

GAME SPECIFIC RULES

STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN

* PS3 exclusives are banned
MORE RULES TBA

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV: Arcade Edition 2012

* 2 / 3 rounds per game.
* 2 / 3 games per set.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3

* 2 / 3 games per set.
* Normal Mode ONLY

SOUL CALIBUR V

* 3 / 5 rounds per game.
* 2 / 3 games per set.
* Random stage will be used unless both players agree on a specific stage.

Come party Philly style.

More info to come!

Guys the bar fight raffle info will be posted here and on necphilly website and the Srk thread. $5 per ticket and you can by as many tickets as you want. We're selling ticket online and at the event.

South Jersey coming in strong. Woo!

EDIT: I heard it starts at 7pm, but it's listed here as 5pm.

Aneudy and I can definitely make it by 7. If it's 5pm we may be late.

How strict you guys think you'll be with the start time?

If you guys are in the area... please show up to this event. I feel like interest in Soulcalibur has been dying as of late, and I would like to see that it isn't!

This game is doing well jaxel. NCR and MLG Ohio had great turn outs, hype and stream viewers. The problem is that NJ /Philly area isn't as hype as it used to be. There should be way more hype for this event on 8wayrun :(

Back