An Experiment: Stuff you want to see in SC6 that IS NOT from Past Games/Guest Chars/Unrealistic

I would like to see a few things:

1. Make a story mode somewhat similar to DOA5, in that it slowly teaches people about gameplay mechanics. The difference would be to make it so that your CaS goes through the mode instead of Patroklos or whoever. This would promote better gameplay amongst the masses (without them even realizing it!). There can be a main story mode with regular characters so that they aren't just seen as skins for movesets.

2. Create online tournaments and promote them through the game and on a Soul Calibur official website. This would promote tournament play in the community and make it easier for players to be part of the competitive scene without having to spend money to travel. Also, put up gameplay videos from these tournaments from all parts of the bracket so that everyone feels like they have a chance to be featured and feel important.

3. Frame data in training. Plenty of people have said this before, but it's so important that it needs more mentioning. Even just putting in the numbers without explaining them makes people curious about them. Though, they should probably explain them too...

Just a few ideas from a scrub.

I'd also like to see movelists remain relatively consistent with hitbox issues fully hammered out rather than "ROFL CHANGEZ!!!!!" with half assed collision detection.

I would have been nice if the tutorial mode would explain some things that would benefit newcomers to fighting games/ soul calibur

Like what frames are, or the directional inputs like 66 equals foward foward. Stuff like that.

I dunno if it would fix infinite/doom combos problem , but what if the damage would degrade until zero in combos going for too long, the lowest it goes it is 36% of the original damage of the move right?

I dunno if it would fix infinite/doom combos problem , but what if the damage would degrade until zero in combos going for too long, the lowest it goes it is 36% of the original damage of the move right?
Nah, that wouldn't fix anything. They'd just keep them stuck in the infinite until the timer runs out.

Bursts, on the other hand...

For ranked matches, players who ragequit way too many times start getting tallies on their record. A RQ would count as 2 losses; quit twice in a row and it counts as 4 losses. The ragequits stack up to 10 losses (i.e. if you really care about your record, don't quit).

Also, the quitter has their title temporary replaced with something indicating that they're a poor sport. Sort of like a dunce cap or a mark of shame.

Personally I would like to see the inclusion of frame data within training mode. The option to be able to see frame data for each move you use is quite convenient for someone who is trying to learn block punishment/frame traps etc. Along with this an online training mode would be awesome for those of us who play primarily online.

I didn't come up with these myself (obviously) but I would like to see it in the next SC regardless.
This plus a tutorial on what exactly frames are and how they apply.

Some suggestions that would make SC6 totally fresh!!!!

1) A tournament mode complete with brackets that would work in single player and VS mode. In single player from 4 to 16 players could be selected with a mix of player1 and player2 and cpu, or player 1 and cpu players. ThQ's Undisputed 3 , did a masterful job with this mode. This would be nice in SC6.

2) The ability to select characters in the six arcade stages, allowing the player to pick any six characters in any order.

3) Pick a surprise opponent. In Single player allow a player to select from Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3
Each door is worth a different amount of gold , if you defeat the opponent behind the Door you get the gold.
The catch is, the fight will have to be won by a certain rule. You only find out the rule once you choose the door, behind the each door is a fairly challenging character with some characters representing well known SC players like Kanye

4) The ability to play a match in black and white mode (or greyscale) with lighting effects turned on or off.

5) In single player and VS mode allow the player to pick the stage, time of day, and weather for a match. So for example, snowing , at dawn on the pirate boat

floorplan.JPG

Adding onto what others suggested about better level design, here is what I came up with.

On this Manor level, the match would begin in the center of "upper level manor". Movement can extend into the hallway and into upper level manor 2. If a wall splat occurs on the walls of "outside balcony" a quick-time event occurs, sending the players to the other side, and reorienting the camera to the balcony area. Just like DOA. If a player falls off the balcony, both players descend to the lower level gardens and continue the fight. The hallway is a tight space where wallsplats could happen often, as someone already mentioned. The balcony is another very tight location to fight, making step less effective.

i'd like to see more singleplayer content brought back.
a story mode for each character, not quite as expansive as 5's but still enough to actually communicate something, and an alternate mode for CaS characters thats really silly [think Broken Destiny]
if new characters are introduced, PLEASE no more straight up magic characters. or if there are, then at least give them a damn good reason/backstory for it. I feel ZWEI can be salvaged but Viola is so out of place its not even funny. I agree in that the series should stick more towards the historic low fantasy schtick it's been as opposed to this crazy animesque direction it seems to be going
all these ideas for more active stages all sound really cool.
ONLINE TRAINING ONLINE TRAINING ONLINE TRAINING ONLINE TRAINING and ways to ease players into better understanding the ins and outs of characters and the system, for dummies like me.
pre-existing character outfits not being DLC, like how in SC4 everyone's 2P were CaS parts at the least.
Being able to set the timer to infinite again would be nice, at least for offline.
and holy shit, the damage being toned down. it seems like matches go by WAY too fast because of this.

Some suggestions that would make SC6 totally fresh!!!!
3) Pick a surprise opponent. In Single player allow a player to select from Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3
Each door is worth a different amount of gold , if you defeat the opponent behind the Door you get the gold.
The catch is, the fight will have to be won by a certain rule. You only find out the rule once you choose the door, behind the each door is a fairly challenging character with some characters representing well known SC players like Kanye
I see what you did there.....

But yes, I do agree. Sounds like that could work brilliantly for Arcade mode.

Back