An Experiment: Stuff you want to see in SC6 that IS NOT from Past Games/Guest Chars/Unrealistic

Another cool thing would be to get scars for losing, which you just can heal by winning. I bet there would be thousands of scarred characters around LOL

What I would like to see is a 'VS. Event Battle' option for local or multi-player purposes.
It can take you to a settings menu.
- Player vs Player/ Player vs CPU/ CPU vs Player/ CPU vs CPU -> (I'll just explain how the Player vs Player option would work in this case...)
- First to -- 1_2_3... all the way to.. let's say 10. (since people like to money match each other by going FT10)
- Battle Count -- 1_2_3_4_5
- (I bet there's something I'm missing)

So for example during real tournaments, organizers and stream broadcasters and programmers won't​
have to keep count of the set points NOR lose track of the players' set counts. It does it for you in-game.
If the programmers on stream didn't keep up for just two seconds, they won't even have to worry​
about it. The commentators may say, "Oh hey, was that 2-0?" "No, it's 1-1." or "Did JJJ (Rugi) break the tie, or did WindofMitsu (Rugi) break the tie?" The computer (in-game) already has the score built in there. Less worries, less hiccups.
Let's say the matches are FT2 in pools. The first player to reach 2 set-wins advances and the game is​
over. The game will automatically reset itself to the character select screen the with current settings saved for the next pool match-up. The organizers can log the last winner and loser down in the bracket records.
The CPU will give you the choice of what to do (organizers could be in charge of stick and pads for​
reset options between matches during any specific tourney). To reset the game to automatically go to the character select screen, simply select 'Reset Battle Count' to have the set count RESET to 0-0 (for ex. the setting could stay as FT10 for the next pair of players who want to face off for a money match). Prior to even starting the game, you may choose to have the game preset to go to the character select screen and reset the count WITHOUT manually selecting 'Reset Battle Count' after the match has been completed. When a player has won, pressing start will just have a prompt telling you that it will take you to the character select screen instead of displaying the menu choice just for you to choose so.
For another choice, select 'Reset With Same Characters', which can reset the set count but with the​
same previous settings (ex. the Battle Count) only with the same characters who were used in the previous game will not change (if that's even necessary). You may choose to switch player sides if desired (1p or 2p).
Or start EVERYTHING anew.

The same process can be done for a thing called uhh... 'VS. Event Team Battle'? I guess this could​
be used for 3v3 or 5v5 team tournaments.

I know this is pretty unrealistic, but what randomly springed to mind was a Stage Creator. I know, I know, not gonna happen. And I also don't know how it would work. But I'd like to see at least something as simple as some stage options, for example a ring out and a non-ring out version of the same stage, being able to select the time of day, weather or something like that. I was a bit disappointed when SCV only had one rain stage, and it was a night stage (Cervantes' Adrian), which is the only stage where they used the wet effect, which I actually liked. So it would be cool being able to for example turn rain on at daytime or evening on a stage I like.

@Draggonnfs I like your idea of choosing the time of day and the weather (rainy, snowy, thundering). Perhaps they could add the option of choosing the same stage in different seasons! A stage that consists of a natural environment such as a forest would look different depending on your selection. That would be neat.

• I would like to see them bring back the weapon locking mechanic from Soul Edge.
  • I would also like to see stage transitions like DOA, Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7, or something else original.
  • I would like to see my CAS integrated into a kind of customizable story mode. What I suggest is that when you're in character creation you should be able to pick two or three goals for you CAS. These goals would then define what the story line for the CAS would be and what their ending is like. The goals would be simplistic like 'power', 'save homeland', 'rescue sibling/lover', 'defeat rival', etc. You could even get a little more complex with this by having other characters and CASs become variables in the goals, so, for example, a CAS has the goal of 'defeat Mitsurugi', Mitsurugi would be the final boss for that CAS story mode. The story mode obviously wouldn't go into the detail of SCV but would be structured like an 8 to 10 fight arcade mode with a short intro story at the start (preferably with in engine animation), two or three rival fights in the middle where character's exchange dialogue before and after the fight, and your final boss also with pre-fight dialogue and your ending after the fight. The rival battles in the middle should be selected randomly based on CAS goals so a CAS with the goal of 'unleash demon' might be confronted by Natsu or another CAS with the goal of 'destroy evil'.
  • You should be able to select the poses and general walking stance of characters. It kind of sucks when you want to create a male character that uses Ivy's weapon and are stuck with her lady like poses and walking. It's even worse if you want to make a bad ass character with Pyrrha's move set and have them freaking out and running away at the end of the match.
  • There should be no limit on how many CASs you are able to make. 50 slots goes way to fast for me especially since customization of the normal SC characters are included in the limit. If I want to fill my HD with customizations let me do it god damn it!
  • I'm not sure why but some customization items are not compatible with others. If the reason for this incompatibility is clipping issues I say we should just get a warning but let us decide whether or not to use the combination of items.
  • Characters who are cut from the game and not replaced should have their style and weapons available in CAS mode.

I should have been more specific. I meant the kind of transitions where you can bash someone through a wall or floor in the middle of a round and finish the round in a new area.

I'd like to see a more versatile use of meter...if we're still keeping it...for example a cancel mechanic similar to the Arc franchises, as well as a power-up and timer mechanic which could vary for each character and it's effectiveness differ from how much meter you have...

Examples:
Pat could turn into aPat and Pyrhha could become Omega
Kilik if he has his original style as default could actually use the power of Edgemaster and switch to other characters styles
Nightmare when using half meter gains his SC4 A+B buff, consuming all of it would result in becoming Night Terror (for a short amount of time)
ZWEI's use of EIN with select attacks, without having to prep him up first
Siegfried gaining ice-based attacks and actually freezing you thus extending combos
Natsu, use of Arahabaki
Tira...switching from Jolly/Gloomy
Maxi could go the bruce lee route and double-chuck himself...off a cliff Kappa...or easier access to his stance transitions
Hilde could make use of her army or her familiars that we saw in SC4...assist characters or something akin to UMVC3 or Mika's Vtrigger....or being able to use her charge attacks without prepping for them

I'd like to see a more versatile use of meter...if we're still keeping it...for example a cancel mechanic similar to the Arc franchises, as well as a power-up and timer mechanic which could vary for each character and it's effectiveness differ from how much meter you have...

Examples:
Pat could turn into aPat and Pyrhha could become Omega
Kilik if he has his original style as default could actually use the power of Edgemaster and switch to other characters styles
Nightmare when using half meter gains his SC4 A+B buff, consuming all of it would result in becoming Night Terror (for a short amount of time)
ZWEI's use of EIN with select attacks, without having to prep him up first
Siegfried gaining ice-based attacks and actually freezing you thus extending combos
Natsu, use of Arahabaki
Tira...switching from Jolly/Gloomy
Maxi could go the bruce lee route and double-chuck himself...off a cliff Kappa...or easier access to his stance transitions
Hilde could make use of her army or her familiars that we saw in SC4...assist characters or something akin to UMVC3 or Mika's Vtrigger....or being able to use her charge attacks without prepping for them
Unseeable BL KK? I like it

Dedup: ...It kind of sucks when you want to create a male character that uses Ivy's weapon and are stuck with her lady like poses and walking...

Heh, especially how they look when they are knocked down as well. Hm..hm.

Dedup: ...Characters who are cut from the game and not replaced should have their style and weapons available in CAS mode.

SCV did have THREE spaces in the character select screen in one of the gaming modes (Creation mode is it?) not in use. It'd be funny if Project Soul pulls a whammy on us if "something huge" were to be them to place those styles too be added to SCV in Creation mode. Something that the fans asked for a LONG time ago. LOL!

ZER0: ...Kilik if he has his original style as default could actually use the power of Edgemaster and switch to other characters styles...

A mimic gimmick I actually would not mind.

Like what other posters said, they should get rid of ring outs and just have you swap stages but take damage on the fall + damage you received from the hit. The landing damage can also depend on what type of move you were hit with and the knock back power.

Also no more characters with projectiles as their weapons or attacks. That means, no Ein, Viola, etc.

More emphasis on environments and 8 way movement assisting combo physics, not as a mechanic but as stage interaction like with wall-stuns and stumbles.

Being able to reset fights in single player conditioned battles or mission restart without having to go through a losing screen then retry.

More realistic art direction and less exaggerated special effects, back to the minimalism of the series before SC4. I really hated how cartoony the aesthetics got after SC2.

More special & joke dialogue including mirror matches. Like MKX's.

No more cinematic attacks or anything like Critical Edges.

Music Setting Independent from Stage Selection, & Custom Playlists from Saved Music

CaS aliment and relationships assignments (To influence who you encounter in your storymode)

Narrated Story prologues and Character narrated story progression (instead of making the player read it)

More exploration on the cursed elements of the weapons in gameplay. CaS characters can get Malfested the more they use Soul Edge, or get Purity appearance the more they use Soul Calibur.

Option to turn off Armour Breaking on CaS character.

DevilsDisguise said "Music Setting Independent from Stage Selection, & Custom Playlists from Saved Music"

I'd like the call that "Unknown Songs", the SC version of "Tekken Tunes". The written title shown during the stage introduction sequence can read "*musical note* Unknown Song".

• I would like to see them bring back the weapon locking mechanic from Soul Edge.
  • I would also like to see stage transitions like DOA, Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7, or something else original.
  • I would like to see my CAS integrated into a kind of customizable story mode. What I suggest is that when you're in character creation you should be able to pick two or three goals for you CAS. These goals would then define what the story line for the CAS would be and what their ending is like. The goals would be simplistic like 'power', 'save homeland', 'rescue sibling/lover', 'defeat rival', etc. You could even get a little more complex with this by having other characters and CASs become variables in the goals, so, for example, a CAS has the goal of 'defeat Mitsurugi', Mitsurugi would be the final boss for that CAS story mode. The story mode obviously wouldn't go into the detail of SCV but would be structured like an 8 to 10 fight arcade mode with a short intro story at the start (preferably with in engine animation), two or three rival fights in the middle where character's exchange dialogue before and after the fight, and your final boss also with pre-fight dialogue and your ending after the fight. The rival battles in the middle should be selected randomly based on CAS goals so a CAS with the goal of 'unleash demon' might be confronted by Natsu or another CAS with the goal of 'destroy evil'.
  • You should be able to select the poses and general walking stance of characters. It kind of sucks when you want to create a male character that uses Ivy's weapon and are stuck with her lady like poses and walking. It's even worse if you want to make a bad ass character with Pyrrha's move set and have them freaking out and running away at the end of the match.
  • There should be no limit on how many CASs you are able to make. 50 slots goes way to fast for me especially since customization of the normal SC characters are included in the limit. If I want to fill my HD with customizations let me do it god damn it!
  • I'm not sure why but some customization items are not compatible with others. If the reason for this incompatibility is clipping issues I say we should just get a warning but let us decide whether or not to use the combination of items.
  • Characters who are cut from the game and not replaced should have their style and weapons available in CAS mode.

You didn't mention the male stripping mechanic that should be customizable or removed for CaS.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said, but this?
More realistic art direction and less exaggerated special effects, back to the minimalism of the series before SC4. I really hated how cartoony the aesthetics got after SC2.
I think SCIV was the best looking SC game by far. I really liked all of the effects, especially the beautiful lighting and reflections on equipment and characters. Even the tiniest details like the shiny smooth lips of the female characters, I absolutely loved the way SCIV looked.

Like what other posters said, they should get rid of ring outs and just have you swap stages but take damage on the fall + damage you received from the hit. The landing damage can also depend on what type of move you were hit with and the knock back power.

Also no more characters with projectiles as their weapons or attacks. That means, no Ein, Viola, etc.

More emphasis on environments and 8 way movement assisting combo physics, not as a mechanic but as stage interaction like with wall-stuns and stumbles.

Being able to reset fights in single player conditioned battles or mission restart without having to go through a losing screen then retry.

More special & joke dialogue including mirror matches. Like MKX's.

No more cinematic attacks or anything like Critical Edges.

Music Setting Independent from Stage Selection, & Custom Playlists from Saved Music

CaS aliment and relationships assignments (To influence who you encounter in your storymode)

Narrated Story prologues and Character narrated story progression (instead of making the player read it)

More exploration on the cursed elements of the weapons in gameplay. CaS characters can get Malfested the more they use Soul Edge, or get Purity appearance the more they use Soul Calibur.

Option to turn off Armour Breaking on CaS character.
Some of this sounds abhorrent.

Why the hell would they get rid of ring outs? The threat of a ring out makes stage control incredibly important in SC, emphasizing spacing/footsies. Don't see how dumbing down gameplay would help.

Why no ZWEI or Viola? You never specified.

"No cinematic attacks"? Why not?

Anyways, speaking of stage control, I would like to see that fleshed out. Something like being able to go up stairs, or turn corners. I think that would be neat.

Hmmm.... They really have to add more game modes. That's a big thing for me. If SCV had more game modes I'd stick with it, but like this I still go back to SCIIand III sometimes. Also, they should make some really original and interesting modes, like COTS in SCIII.
Also, they could add some new features to the character creation. Obviously more parts, hairstyles, etc. But a few things that would be awesome to see, most of thé are quite possible - A detailed facial feature adjusting, everyones wants that, and many games have it; hairstyle customizer (might sound crazy, but I've seen some games where you can create hairstyles by combining several parts, so it could be done, and I'd love it); maybe a weapon customizer (I know, less possible. But if something like that came to be, the shouldn't enable any effects or something, the weapons should be restricted in length and its design shouldn't in any way make it more or less effective); etc.

U...FKING...WOT M8!!!!

U...FKING...WOT...M9!!!!

More emphasis on environments and 8 way movement assisting combo physics, not as a mechanic but as stage interaction like with wall-stuns and stumbles

pls explain...because I'm having a hard time understanding this

Being able to reset fights in single player conditioned battles or mission restart without having to go through a losing screen then retry

this just sounds like sheer laziness, it's a question of what, 2-3 seconds???

No more cinematic attacks or anything like Critical Edges

lol why not? some of them are visually stunning and epic to admire

a Tekken Tunes thing sounds pretty cool...ftm tho you actually can play music on the PS3 while playing SCV offline mode

this seems to be ore CaS orientated...so I'll leave this aside since I really don't give a fuck about CaS

Back