10 Worst Moves

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
You all have opinions so share 'em. Every character has lame moves so let's hear your thoughts! I know since this is Tira it's really really hard to pick bad moves.....but I know you can.

1. A+K - aGI with a low damage followup AND chance of still hurting yourself anyway.
2. JS 44[K] - Increased chance to switch my arse. I would NEVER use this unless I had a huge life lead and needed a GS transition combo to win the round.
3. JS B+K - Pure gimmick. Should only work ONCE. Sad that you still take supposedly prorated damage but sometimes it isn't prorated.

More to come. Be gentle with her now. The moves all have uses but just pick the worst in your opinion.

Well:

JS B+K
JS 2AB
GS 4B series
GS 66666B
A+K
3A
GS 6BK
WRB+K
JS 4A+B

Those are mine.

I'm curious as to why you put the GS 4B series on your list. It seems very useful to me, granted I haven't really studied frame data all that much. Is it really unsafe or something?

JS 44K
WS B+K
JS 3K
4A+B
JS B+K

That's all i can think of right now.
Miko, A+K is great!! not for the autoGI, but it's the fastest way to get into GS. I use it for that purpose only. You have like a 50% chance.

4B+K is good for clearing ground quickly. JS WS B+K can be used as an anti-air move. I use it to surprise yoshis who think that running over with super dragonfly is a good strategy, um worst?
4A+B
surprisingly 44A series, I just never find good times to use it.
JS 3K
11K pushes people back too far for my tastes.
JS 22K arbitrary kick.
GS 66A a meh move in my book.

Edit: 22K is good for wall splat and RO

JS 2A,B is HARDLY one of her worst moves.

You can ALWAYS tell if the 2A is a CH, and the window of time to hit the B as an NCc is HUGE.

The only way this move is bad is if you're ever doing the B NOT on counter, which you shouldn't be.

Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents:

1. JS B+K- Just a taunt.
2. JS 2AB- No damage. No followup. Unsafe. I guess being able to delay it is something.
3. 9B+K,A- Very unsafe. I don't like it.
4. 3A- There is absolutely no reason to ever use this.
5. 4B+K- Has anybody ever used this move?
6. 22K- High. Doesn't have much use.
7. 4A+B/4[A+B]- Cool idea, but you're not hitting anyone with this.
8. GS 33B- I've had it stepped on reaction.
9. JS 3K- Slow.
10. GS 22B- Range is about the length of a fingernail.

What's with the continued hate of JS 2A,B? See my post two up if you want to know why you should use it.

And wow, 4B+K one of her worst moves? Have you ever tried it? It's mid, safe, tech crouches AND tech jumps and it's got great plus frames on hit. I think it even forces crouch on hit or block (one or the other).

Seriously, start putting this move into your game and you'll wonder why you ever thought it was bad.

The rest of the moves on your list are quite horrible indeed, with the exception of GS 22B which is great in some combos. It's crap as a regular move though.

Seriously, stop hating on JS 2AB. The first hit is unsafe on NH, but even if your opponent knows that, you can get them next time with the followup, thanks to its stupid-long window for delay.

If only 2A had a low mixup option, but alas it doesn't. Not gonna keep me from using it though, nope nope. =D

3A is definitely her most garbage move. JS 11_77A is also pretty bad, which makes me sad because I used this move a lot in SC3, when it was just 4A. I also have something of a distaste for 4KB, but only because I don't think it really has a practical use.

I don't think there's any point to Top 10 Worst Moves threads aside from fun, but at least this compiles a thread for "moves you can surprise your opponent with by using when they think they've memorized your game" =P

JS 11A is a great low attack. IT's one of her 3 safeish lows, only a few characters can punish it. It also has the bonus of being hard to block and covers step decently, and has the range as well. Not sure why you think it sucks :/

3A is not that bad either, it's a mid safe horizontal that covers one side, and has some hs

JS 22K and JS 3K are awful moves. ALthough JS 22K does have a good TC.

Here's my 10 least favorites (kind of a lie - I love the hell out of some of these...they just make me lose when I use them is all):

4A+B - A move you hold that doesn't turn in to an unblockable, or anything else for that matter. It's sad when you don't even get the gimmick.

JS B+K - I take damage, go in to a counter animation, where if I'm hit again I can take more damage and hurt them too...or if I think they are going to throw me I can cancel with A+K...and take damage. I love self damage as much as then next guy, but this is a bit much.

A+K - I'm trying to make this work in every way I can...and failing.

22 K - Kinda slow with crappy range and no follow up

JS 3K - another of the 'slow kicks with no range...how useful' family

GS 2A+B - combo videos be damned, this move gets me killed

Updraft A - not worth the risk to discourage step (and doesn't hit well anyway)

GS BF 44 B - If only this move actually worked. Tira would be beyond awesome.

WR B+K - slow start up, bad recovery, no range, limited set up. Stops people from stepping WS B and WS K sometimes - so I guess there is that.

4K,B - a natural combo that doesn't combo.

JS B+K has some uses if you use it at the right time, like right in the beginning of amy's 4B+K. but for the most part its irritating.... you get the gi hit perfectly timed, but if your opponent doesn't hit you again... they get a free throw or unblockable. FFFFUUUU-

i will agree with GS BF 44B.. i'd be happy if it didn't have ANY gi properties (it might as well not because 90% of the time it doesn't gi shit for me) as long as it was a little faster... alas.

i raaaarely use 4A+B but when i do most people don't block the whole move, so i don't have a lot of hatred for it.

1: A+K
2: A+K
3: A+K
4: A+K
5: A+K
6: [A+K]
7: [A+K]
8: [A+K]
9: [A+K]
10: [A+K]

):<

EDIT: In all seriousness, the only moves of Tira that I really consider bad and outright hate are, A+K, [A+K], and JS 44[K]. JS 2AB and JS B+K are gimmicks which should only be used once in a blue moon.

PS: WTF is with the hate for 4A+B. It's one of her FEW moves that give ADVANTAGE on block =/. Since tracking is it's ONLY major flaw you can't use it for oki. Just use it post GI. Oh yeah, the 4B+K hate is silly too.

JS 3K is not an awful move. Slow and linear sure but no one is constantly stepping. It's safe on block and adv on hit but with pushback and does decent damage. Make them block it a few times and take your CF.

I think JS B+K is not as bad as it seems. I mean it would be retarded to use against characters like Asta or sieg. But i find it very useful to use once ina while against like talims or takis or ivys. (My 2 cents)

Back