SXS stance info and transitions

tiggerkiddo

[09] Warrior
All thanks to X_A, bokchoy and Shen Yuan.

SXS is "Silent Xia Sheng" and can be achieved through holding inputs to cancel the second hit, or end in SXS.

While SXS is the notation for the stance, there are at least 3 levels of SXS:

SXS1 - "earth"
SXS2 - "heaven"
SXS3 - "blue glow / buffed / omg GC time"

MOVES THAT GO INTO SXS:
A[A]
1[ B]
[A+K]
a[K]
6[ B]
FC3b[ B] - The low does not come out. She halts for a very short while, then enters stance.
1kA,[A]
[A+B] - The second vertical upward slash does not come out. She transits into stance after the first hit has finished.
4[A+B]- The move transits to stance after the first hit
FC[A+B]- before the low hits, she transits into stance
WS[A+B]
WS[A]
6[B+K]- After the first hit, she transits into stance.
2[B+K]- before the stomp executes, she transits into stance
4[A+K]- After the first hit, she transits.
44[A]- She transits into stance after the first horizontal
66[ B]
33[ B]- She transits into stance straight after the first B
11[ B]
WS[A]

Damage and stun/recovery on NC SXS moves:

SXS1:
A - 20, High - spin stun - Free AA after it hits, safe on guard
B - 42, Mid - they fall - unsafe on guard
K - 19, Mid - fall to their butt, and rise - negative on hit, safe on guard

K+G - high, "butt tap" - negative on hit

SXS2:
A - 20, High - spin stun - Free AA after it hits, safe on guard
B - 42, Mid - they fall - unsafe on guard
K - 19, Mid - fall to their butt, and rise - negative on hit, safe on guard
A+G, B+G - 40, High - throws
K+G - high, "wave off", autoGI present - neutral on guard

SXS3:
A - 20, High - slow fall, head forwards - Free crouch throw, safe on guard
B - 42, Mid - guard crush, they fall - Free FC3B on guard
K - 19, Mid - they fall, head forwards - Free crouch throw, safe on guard
A+G, B+G - 40, High - throws
K+G - mid, "double poke" - however only first 'poke' hits, and is easily thrown off by wall.

SXS MOVES - as you can see, nothing changes beyond taunts and hit properties between the SXS1 and 2, and "blue" SXS3 status. It's important however to be clear that if you hit with 1 and 2 they are different than 3.

How the SXS 1-3 work:

SXS "Stocks"

Xianghua always has N "stocks" (for lack of a better term), where N is a hidden number between 0-8.

0-2 Stocks = Earth (SXS1)
3-4 Stocks = Heaven (SXS2)
5-8 Stocks = Buffed (SXS3)

You build one stock by either:
a) entering SXS stance
b) using the taunt while in SXS stance.

Note: 8 stocks is the maximum. If you try to build another stock but have already accumulated 8 stocks, you will stay at 8.

While in SXS:Earth aka SXS1

1. A - Free - High, 20 dmg
2. B - Free - Mid, 40 dmg
3. K - Free - Mid, 18 dmg
4. K+G - Gains one stock.

While in SXS:Heaven aka SXS2

1. A - Free - Same as SXS:Earth
2. B - Free - Same as SXS:Earth
3. K - Free - Same as SXS:Earth
4. A+G_B+G - Costs 3 stocks - High Throw, 40 damage
5. K+G - Gains one stock.

While in SXS:Buffed aka SXS3
*If you flash blue upon entering SXS, you have 5 or more stocks.

1. A(Buffed) - Costs 3 stocks - Adds crumple stun on hit, follow with 3B.
2. B(Buffed) - Costs 3 stocks - Adds GC property, follow with 3B (GI-able)
3. K(Buffed) - Costs 3 stocks - Adds crumple stun on hit, follow with low-grab.
4. A+G_B+G - Costs 3 stocks - Same as SXS:Heaven
5. K+G - Gains one stock.

Other Important Notes:

-If you are hit while in SXS, you will still gain a stock.
-If you are hit while in middle of a SXS taunt, you will not gain a stock. You'll only gain a stock if and only if your taunt completes.
-Whether your attack hits, whiffs, is blocked, interrupted, or throw-escaped, if you started an attack that costs three stocks, you will lose them.
-Time does not cause you to lose stocks. You keep them until you spend them.
-You carry your current number of stocks into the following round.
-You can build stocks after you've KO'd or RO'd your opponent. The quickest way is [A+K], potentially adding 3 stocks.

---

Credit to: X_A, bokchoy and Shen Yuan

I was wondering why the throw only came out some of the time, and here I was ready to smash my pad!

It seems weird. In order for her SXS B and K to hit, it'd require the opponent thinking they have to duck which would necessatate the throw being lv1. I mean, as it stands, your opponent with knowledge of how SXS works, doesn't need to duck at all and since everything is high/mid. Seems very flawed to me.

Wehn I hit with her SXS taunt, it seems to give me a blue glow for the duration of the round, is this confirmed?

cha cha

hmm, maybe it was due to trainiing mode, but after I hit with taunt, I get blue glow for what seems like forever afterwards, far more than just 5 or 6 blue glows in a row.

It seems weird. In order for her SXS B and K to hit, it'd require the opponent thinking they have to duck which would necessatate the throw being lv1. I mean, as it stands, your opponent with knowledge of how SXS works, doesn't need to duck at all and since everything is high/mid. Seems very flawed to me

When up close, crouching is the most reliable way to avoid a grab. You don't need for your opponent to crouch to hit a mid, as long as he's not blocking. For example, your opponent can be in middle of an attack or trying to step, and get hit by a SXS K in the process.

yea, every time i hit taunt my next mazillion SXS's have the blue flash

Did you even bother to read the FAQ? It's not a direct result of you taunting. It's simply because you've attained 5 stocks. All of your SXS's thereafter will be "blue" until you do a move that consumes stocks.

wow man.

When up close, crouching is the most reliable way to avoid a grab. You don't need for your opponent to crouch to hit a mid, as long as he's not blocking. For example, your opponent can be in middle of an attack or trying to step, and get hit by a SXS K in the process.

I am well aware they they get hit if the 'don't block', lol. What I was saying, is there is no SXS threat early on to do anything but stand and block. She doesn't get advantage off guard on any of the 3 intitial moves, so it's pretty weak.

Did you even bother to read the FAQ? It's not a direct result of you taunting. It's simply because you've attained 5 stocks. All of your SXS's thereafter will be "blue" until you do a move that consumes stocks.

What I was saying, is that the Blue flash moves seemed to last LONG PAST 5 or 6 moves that consumed stock, which means the stocks would have been expired...so either I was either not paying attention, or you are wrong. But this was recalling from memory, not actually testing it.

thanks

cha cha

I wouldn't say it needs a low, but it needs something fast that tech crouches and does a fair amount of damage, atm I don't see her stance being that strong of a tool.
Seems to be more shenanigans more than something to rely on to get damage.

I hit my foe with her taunt out of SXS and it only seemed to last for one use (Heaven stance that is). I'm not the best expert on testing these things but I did try it out for about 30 minutes.

One use as in once I used a move, it went back to normal.

i am really starting to like this stance and here's why:

Stance K is really fast and seems to interrupt a lot of stuff. Especially once you hit them with a stance starter, they will usually think about blocking the next move so a lot of time going into stance and doing the K is super safe.

Things really get fun once you are in SXS2- you have the throws now, and hopefully a happily blocking opponent. Do work, do damage. And the throws put your opponent right at your feet, so if they don't get up right away, they'll eat a 1BB every time for more damage.

Mathematically speaking, if you do the SXS2 taunt (the non booty tap), then your next stance will be SXS3, so keep that in mind. Here is where the really big damage comes in, as all of its options are great for damage, so look to see what your opponent does and react accordingly.

And finally - SXS destroys turtle style players. They wont turtle anymore once they see you freely charging up your stances and them eating a few guard breaks. They will immediately try to switch to an in close game, and as i said this past weekend - "Welcome to close range, population - Serge"

What I was saying, is that the Blue flash moves seemed to last LONG PAST 5 or 6 moves that consumed stock, which means the stocks would have been expired...so either I was either not paying attention, or you are wrong. But this was recalling from memory, not actually testing it.

thanks

cha cha

Through my own testing, I've found that a SXS taunt adds one stock. You can only get a "mazillion" blue flashes if you don't consume any stocks. If you've found a way to do 5 or 6 consecutive stock-consuming moves and still maintain your blue-flash, please tell us how.

I don't know jack about a "Stance" or what "SXS" is, but I'm going home to try it today. lol
I usually tear shit up just by using a wide range of X's moves, and just varying everything I do...

This could make me UNSTOPPABLE. lol

I don't know jack about a "Stance" or what "SXS" is, but I'm going home to try it today. lol
I usually tear shit up just by using a wide range of X's moves, and just varying everything I do...

This could make me UNSTOPPABLE. lol

SXS is the cancel she has. For example if you do :A::(A): she'll go in to a stance which the SC community has abbreviated as SXS. From SXS there are several options.

Since I'm making a post anyway, I actually used SXS successfully today online. I was fighting against a Voldo (and since I haven't faced many Voldos, I totally did not recognize any of Voldo's strings and I did not know the possibilities that can come out from his different stances.) The guy playing had seen me fight two other people so I think he had a general idea of what my abilities were. Anyway, the first match I noticed that he actually knew what he was doing. He wasn't a masher or anything. So for the first match I just played normally with the intent to just see how good he was. I noticed that he blocked a lot so I started to play with lows, but after a while, he started to block my lows as well. That's when I stepped back, and built my SXS to Heaven state, then I started mixing SXS, throws and a few normal moves. This led me to victory, and it felt good.

Back