Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
Was reading Kotaku.com when I found this gem:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Soon?

Basically states a leak has been made that MvC3 will be announced in May. The source Team Spooky. Kotaku gives credibility to this guy since he named the entire SSF4 roster and got it right before it was announced. His blog post goes on to also point out some major issues with SRK.com's Mr. Wizard...who throws a rather petty bitch fit in all honesty (then again im only reading one side of the story).

So here's hoping for MvC3...and that it's not a fuckin Wii exclusive.

[EDIT] It's confirmed!

Game will remain 3 on 3 team battle like MvC2 but have some new changes: The TvC Light>Medium>Heavy button set up will replace the old LP>LK>HP>HK one. New ways to assist will be used, many that will swap a character in mid combo and keep it going. Launchers will now auto super jump after striking. There will also be moves for making the opponent go higher as well as lower.

Confirmed Characters: 38/38+
Marvel
  • Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Dormammu
  • Dr. Doom
  • Hulk
  • Ironman
  • Magneto
  • M.O.D.O.K.
  • Phoenix (Jean Grey)
  • Sentinal
  • She-Hulk
  • Shuma Gorath (DLC/Collector's Edition)
  • Spider-man
  • Storm
  • Super Skrull
  • Taskmaster
  • Thor
  • Wolverine
  • X-23
Capcom
  • Akuma
  • Albert Wesker
  • Ameterasu
  • Arthur
  • Chris Redfield
  • Chun-Li
  • Crimson Viper
  • Dante
  • Felicia
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Jill Valentine (DLC/Collector's Edition)
  • Mike Haggar
  • Morrigan
  • Ryu
  • Spencer (Bionic Commando)
  • Trish
  • Tron Bonne
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Zero
Suspected Characters w/ Evidence:

Marvel
  • Crimson Viper - confirmed!!!
  • Galactus
  • Nightcrawler
  • Taskmaster - confirmed!!!
Capcom
  • Akuma - confirmed!!!
  • Dictator
  • Frank West
  • Jill Valentine - confirmed!!!
  • Megaman (old school)
  • Mike Haggar - confirmed!!!
  • Zangief
Things Worth Knowing

The "Take Me For a Ride" song will likely return in remixed form
There will likely be 2 Bosses, 1 from Street Fighter and the other Resident Evil.
The game will possibly exceed the expected 30 character count. Do not base the count on the games select screen.
There is a character described as too powerful to be added in the line up, but through a clever method they have found a way to include them. Who is it?!?
A simple mode is added. It will not be favorable for competitive play, but will allow new people to perform a lot of the flashy stuff with single button presses.
There will be DLC!

Confirmed NOT in the game:
Marvel
  • Blade
  • Daredevil
  • Dr. Strange
  • Emma Frost
  • Fantastic Four
  • Gambit
  • Ghost Rider
  • Kingpin
  • Mojo
  • Loki
  • Punisher
  • Silver Surfer
Capcom

• Amingo
  • Demitri
  • Gene (from God Hand)
  • Gill (from Street Fighter 3)
  • Megaman X
  • Nemesis
  • Nero
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Ruby Heart
  • Tyrant
  • Vergil
  • Characters from:
    • Breath of Fire
    • Darkstalkers (no additional characters beyond Felicia and Morrigan)
    • Monster Hunter
    • Sengoku BASARA
My hopefuls:

Marvel
  • Thor - confirmed!!!
  • Symbiote Spiderman - confirmed!!!
  • Doctor Octavius
  • Carnage
  • Silver Surfer - deconfirmed
  • Phoenix/Jean Grey - confirmed!!!
  • Mystique
  • Venom
  • Gambit - deconfirmed
  • Juggernaut
Capcom

...ugh...not really a capcom fan...lol
MOAR DAN and SERVBOT!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 rumor finally!

IT'S MAHVEL BABYYYYY!

Hope they don't reuse sprites, would be dumb to see the old morrigan sprite again.

I'd like to see Nightcrawler and Jon Talbain.

you realize how much capcom would have to pay for licencing all those superheroes now? marvel isn't doing as bad as they were when MvC2 first came out thanks to their movie sales

i dont think it will ever happen

I don't think it will happen either; however, wouldn't mind sitting back and enjoying the ride thou. >:) Keep in mind, if it happens, it may be more like SF4 than the original VS. series in terms of sprites/models. Just curious, you think it may be possible that since the buy out from Disney that they trying to expand Marvel bit by bit out of it's usual comfort zone ?

EDIT:

I'd rather them make TVC2...

Second. XD Also, bring it to PS3 and 360. >:)

EDIT2: Just read the article, this says nothing about MvC3. o_0

"I would love to do more versus series, more types of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2,"

He says like MvC2. Which means just another Vs. game. Again as much as i'd like to see MvC3. I doubt it. :\ But hey, i could be wrong. :p

The game would be a hit, i cant see why they wouldnt make it. It's got a huge fanbase and has casual player appeal all over it.

I doubt it would be like SF4. Capcoms only half the formula. I assume some 2.5D but I dont think it'll retain SF4 art style (and too be honest i dont like that art style).

Would be nice to play MvC with balance (I hope)

If there is a MVC3, it will be using ugly ass 3D characters on a 2D plane. Also it will be on the Wii. Get ready for the new hype. It's Mahvel baybee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is a MVC3, it will be using ugly ass 3D characters on a 2D plane. Also it will be on the Wii. Get ready for the new hype. It's Mahvel baybee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Malice why you gotta be so real for mang? Don't you want to spend at least a LITTLE time laughing at kids thinking Capcom is gonna make 2d sprites for a game like this, after TvC went 3d?

Also Disney owns Mahvel licensing now. The cost to make this game would be fucking ASTRONOMICAL. It could already be in development for all we know, but until we get official news that they've gained access to the Mahvel license, then there's no point in debating the rumors. They managed to pull off TvC by working around specific licensing issues, so we'll see what happens.

Not saying it will never happen, just saying there's a lot of gears turning here. And for a game that will most likely only interest the North American market, it's a huge gamble for the company to take considering the insane licensing fees that Disney will charge.

No such thing as a Marvel vs game with balance.

My hopes:

Marvel:
-Jubilee
-Ms. Marvel
-Daredevil
-Jean Grey/Phoniex
-Juggernaut
-Nightcrawler

Capcom:
-Saki
-Pur & Fur
-Batsu
-Frank West
-Ibuki
-Mika
-Ingrid

Hope there all there!

I want Jin to be back and better than he was before.

And I dont think they'll go the tatsunoko route with the animation. Making the animation different seperates the games in first place, Capcom usually has a different graphic or art style for each game so wouldn't make sense for them to make it identical to tatsunoko. I'm hoping for just really well done 2d animation.

characters
Marvel - Night Crawler, Havoc, Emma Frost, Ms. Marvel
Capcom - X and Zero(doubtful since he's in tatsunoko)
Juri or C. Viper would be cool

If it's really tvc engine then there wouldn't be much stopping them from having a wii version as well.

Back