[Feb 24, 2011] World Game Cup 2011 (Cannes, France)

malek

[10] Knight
top_ban.jpg

http://www.worldgamecup.com/

Oye, Oye, Oye

Lady and gentleman, World Game Cup in Cannes (France) will be back in 2011 once again.

This time the event will be on 3 days.

This is just first informations and confirmation about the event + some questions.
Nothing will be decide soon. It's just to know the opinion of people who wanna come.

Infos:
Competition in Cannes for SoulCalibur4 this year:
- Solo Competition
- World Team 5vs5 Competition

From your (players from past year) recommandation:
- A stream is planned. Not 100% sure yet however.
- More time between competitions, so more time to free play
- I'll post more informations about the travel between airport and cannes.
So everyone can avoid trouble.
- The whole World Team 5vs5 will be on the main stage.
- We will try to find an english commentator, so everyone can understand.
(Or 2nd option, Asenka will speack english ah ah)
- Registration online only to avoid trouble like past year.
- About free play in hotel room... no solution. People will have to bring back some TV.
I 'll ask the French guy about his.

Once again, i'll be the one to contact for infos or anything about the event.
If you planned to come to it, do not hesitate to contact me for anything. I'll try my best to help you.

This year, we'll maybe have a guest from Japan. But I cannot say more now.
The "World Team" that was planned past year will maybe happen this year.
So if 5 people from country without national team to represent them are present, then this team will happened.
(Runis and Belial were only 2 past year)

Now, it's time to ask some questions:

The first day of the comp (friday), it is possible to organise an open team competition.
If enough poeple ask for it, then it will probably happens.
The question is, would you want to enter a team competition on the first day ?
What do you want as a team competition ? 2vs2, 3vs3, 27vs27, ... ?

About the national team competition, I propose the japanese rule for this year.
Leaders of the 2 teams which have to fight toss a coin.
The looser put one of his team member as the first player.
Then the other team can choose which players they want to put to challenge him.
When someone loose, the other team choose a member to challenge the previous winner.
Until there is no more player in one team or another.
This way no need for more than 5 players, and no more "joker" rule.
Do you agree with this ?

World Game Cup is a different competition from GnouzRanking or any other French competition.
So the rules can be different. I'll ask every players who wanna go this question:
Would you like to ban Hilde or not for this competition ?
The final rule will be decide mostly beause of the whole answer to this question.
(No need to ask for Star Wars / Algol how ever ah ah)

About National teams.
Each country who wanna enter the comp can choose national team as they like.
You can fight each other, or just vote, or post a lot, or i don't know.
In the end, all I need is a team of 5 people who don't play the same character.
I'm probably gonna ask some people who were there past year (Or a leader in each community)
to be the link between national team and me.

Winner/Looser braquet ? Simple elimination ?
Pool ? EVO system ?
What do you prefer ?

And if you have some advice, request, anything,
fell free to post. I'll try to make it happen.

Last thing:
International forum for the competition (you can also post there for questions, comments, request, ..)
http://www.gnouz-corporation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=224

Videos from previous Cannes events:
http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8796

[25-26-27 February 2011] Cannes 2011, France

How to edit my message ?

I just wanna add "World Game Cup" to the title.
If someone can help. Thx.

+
Just got the info.
Team open competition of Friday confirmed and will probably be 3vs3.

On the matter regarding Hilde I personally do not care if there is Hilde or no Hilde but you guys already know that. It's up to you guys over there in France and the actual team/players going out there.

I'm also for Double Elimination and Pools.

Also u should consult with the people that were on the national team last year. I already responded and told you I am going. Leaving anything in the hands of our community leaders will be biased and more than likely bring negative results like their decisions have brought us in the past which they then realize and renig after the fact.

Other than that count me in. I would love for Linkrkc to accompany us this year even though bringing another Ivy might not be smart for me lol.

[25-26-27 February 2011] World Game Cup 2011

If this is happening then USA better start organizing a qualifiers tournament. I am not donating to any hand pick team regardless of past history...that shit doesn't work. We need a team, and money only way to do it is through a tournament.

I edited the title for the thread. If you need anything else, just let me know.

I've been wanting to come to France for the longest. This time I should be able to if I start planning now. The open team tournament should be 3 on 3. Main solo tournament should be pools with the top players placed into a double elimination bracket.

As for Hilde, the French community banned her after last year's World Cup, so my suggestion would be to not revisit the debate again and go with what they've decided.

[February 25-27, 2011] World Game Cup 2011

Considering how pricey it is to go overseas I dont think this gives enough time.
Doubt I'm going.

Its half a year man!!! But honestly im really interested to see if singapore/runis etc will show up again since its quite expensive to a trip like this once per year :)

Hi everyone !

Nice to talk to you again and I hope to see all of you in the next WGC !

More infos will comme soon, provided by Malek.

Until then, remember the official website in english : www.worldgamecup.com

Some update have been made, but it will be fully updated in september for the WGC 2011.

Well, this time, France wants revenge for the solo tournament, and you want yours for the World Team...

Workin w/the JP playas over here to see if we can finally get someone to an international comp.

Thanks for your continued support.

Will try once again. I dont think ill miss any school this time so i think i will be going.

Man. I'd love to go again, but as said it's expensive. Also, given the date I'd be so massively out of practice by the time it rolls around.

I'm especially interested with seeing some of the Japanese folks again and seeing how well they do considering their conditions. Lol.

[25-26-27 February] World Game Cup 2011, Cannes, France

I haven't been consistently practicing offline since...early/mid 2009...and I haven't even touched the game since after DEV, but hey, it's France! I've never been there. I just wish we had more notice so I could have more time to save money. :(

Oh well, I'm going to give everything I got to try to make it to this tournament. Hopefully some more Americans go as well...

I'd go to this if Vader wasn't banned. No point in going if I can't play at 100%.

Any way World Game Cup can be pushed back a bit?

Good luck to everyone that's going. I really want to, but I know I wont be able to make it due to military obligations. USA to win again in singles?

Thugish, you know you can't go until you prove yourself by defeating the new #1 Amy anywayz.

Back