Cervy match vids Comment & Critique

franman

[13] Hero
This is obviously where you post any match vids involving Cervantes.

The point of this is so that you (the observers) can observe the Cervy player's style of game play and offer critiques on what can be done better. Don't forget to add comments if you see anything good.

I'm confident that this community will be willing to help the individual Cervy player to acquire more knowledge about the character and become a better Cervy player.

Here are my match vids of Cervy:

franman (Cervantes) vs. NeoRussell (Yoshimitsu) pt 1

franman (Cervantes) vs. NeoRussell (Yoshimitsu) pt 2

franman (Cervantes) vs. NeoRussell (Yoshimitsu) pt 3

Comments and advice appreciated.

Ok my thoughts.

Your yomi there was alright, nice usage of lows, but there are lack of throws from what i see. From all 3 vids, iirc u didn't even throw him once? Nice usage of bK but it's neutral on block now, maybe Neorussell doesn't know about that. And u're getting hit by 66A+B on ground like 2 times when you could just get up and block. And where's 11K? It's +7 on hit. Yea, but well it's only 3 videos here. And u need to work on your punishing. Yoshi's 3A, B on block is -21. 3B is horrible on block also, an aB will do if u don't want to risk. U need to punish him for throwing out such a good move or esle he'll keep doing it and get away scott free. FC3K and Dragonfly K gives free iGDR on block if u're confident of doing it, or alternatively you can do WSBB.

Alright, here u go! My critiques. (:

I'm surprised Russ didn't step any of those bK's either, I have that moved stepped often down here if I just throw it out like that.

Be careful about how you get up, a lot of predictable siderolls. Yoshi has better tools to deal with this than he used to (i.e. you ate 3 66a+b's in a row on the ground at one point, he also has the 9b+k stomps) but in general just try to mix up how you get up against everyone. I know it's difficult against Yoshi, just be aware of it.

I'm with Hates, more 11k and iTP. Also work your mid range game more with B and aB. I know aB is negative on hit, but if you use it at tip range you've still got options.

You've always been solid execution wise, now you just need to develop other areas of your game.

Only match of me that got taped from the last Jersey tourney. Lot of missed inputs, but I've picked up on another bad habit of mine, want to see if you guys can identify it.

our cervy match video

I don't think it's good
so I'll be looking foward the advice for our cervy player
so he can perform better next time

THX :)

Well your opponent isn't punishing you for a lot of your mistakes, so that makes it really hard to pick up on them, and really easy to develop bad habits. Things like 6a+k in close are really dangerous, you could probably find situations to use it, like if he blatantly flies up and does that super dragonfly healing just frame, but other than that it's easy to avoid.

2a+b is -13 on block. Sisters can stab it, but there's no reason anyone else should be sitting there guarding after blocking it, just because they don't get guaranteed damage. Yoshi could probably force a mixup with FC 3k and maybe WS K or A? Also 66b is punishable, I'm guilty of doing too many of these as well, but try and be aware of it, and try and buffer it in quicker, so you don't telegraph it by running in. Either that or mix in more 66a when you run in.

3a, if you miss the just frame, is probably at a disadvantage on hit. And 3a itself is slow. So 3a, missed just frame into another 3a probably won't work against people that know this. Just be aware of it and be ready to defend if you miss the JF against more experienced players.

Very little 1k, with the nerf to 11k this is his go-to low now. Faster than 3a, and a mixup against most characters on hit between 6k and throws. Use more 1k.

CH 2a+b guarantees WS A, 4kk among other things for good damage and a mixup afterwards. The WS B,B and FC a+b options don't seem as good, as well as probably not being guaranteed.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try to help.

THX for the advice :)

I'll extend your advice to our cervy player

If I observe the video match
basically he seems have an attack pattern
poor mind games
abuse throw a lot
didn't make use 8WR move and attack...just linear attack

I'm not a cervy player so I can't give him some advice
for his cervy. That's why I post it here to ask the other cervy player LOL

OK that's all
THX again
really appreciate it ;)

I would just like to know the Button imput for Crevy's Instant Geo Da Ray. If anyone can fill me in that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

I would just like to know the Button imput for Crevy's Instant Geo Da Ray. If anyone can fill me in that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

GDR (Geo Da Ray) and iGDR (Instant Geo Da Ray) have the same input 214B (:2::1::4::B:) with iGDR being the fastest input. (do GDR as fast as possible)

Extra info: Some feel that doing 21B4 helps, some feel hitting 4 and B at the same time helps. Some people feel holding G helps.

GDR (Geo Da Ray) and iGDR (Instant Geo Da Ray) have the same input 214B (:2::1::4::B:) with iGDR being the fastest input. (do GDR as fast as possible)

Extra info: Some feel that doing 21B4 helps, some feel hitting 4 and B at the same time helps. Some people feel holding G helps.

thanks for the tips ya I almost got his instant Teleport down. just need to work on the IGDR.

thanks for the tips ya I almost got his instant Teleport down. just need to work on the IGDR.

I spent last night practicing iGDR for the first time and i've almost got it down 100%. I can't seem to get the second input afterwards(i believe it's 8_2:B:) though. Any tips on that one? Also, what are the movements for the instant teleport that you're talking about??

The followup for iGDR is 28b, mostly used in combo enders for high damage. Often you sacrifice your ground game afterwards to do so, though. Personally, I never use this ender, but some players do.

The instant teleport, or iTP if you see it listed around here, is simply 214:6, with the colon denoting fastest input. So similar to iGDR being a fastest input JF, you have to hit forward immediately after finishing your 214 motion. It's extremely useful to close gaps quickly and put pressure on your opponent, and in some situations will go behind the opponent for a chance at a back turned B+K.

Lol, match against Algol was hilarious and awesome. At long range, you shoulda' waited for Algol to shoot first, the shoot. But then again, minor detail. Wow. Learnt alot from watching. Thanks.

KowTow, you have a solid Pirate, man. Very nice. Some small mistakes but, no doubt, stuff you'll overcome quickly, if you have not already.

Back