[Arizona] AZ and friends!

hit me up in the next couple nights if you wanna shred...i won't have a chance for a while after that.

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to make it. :( Hopefully there'll be enough newcomers for me not to have to travel way out there and enough for you to play against live competition more often.

I'll be busy for about the next week, but I would like to get some offline matches in at some point.

archangel: lol why would I retire after playing you? Everyone knew that you only won that match because Corey and that good Mitsu/Astaroth player told you strategies in the middle of the match and not only that, with my lack of tourney experience I'm not used to zoning out all chatter during a match. It's like Vanessa Russo losing her game because her iPod ran out of batteries. I was focused more on what they were telling you than the match and you know from the matches I had that night, with no interruption I was beasting.

So yeah, did you deserve to win that match? Sure. It's my fault I lost my concentration, my fault I did not adapt after what they told you and it's my fault I didn't pick Nightmare to win the set. I don't know what the hell I was doing when I picked Mitsu. After that tourney I just went back to playing my friends like I normally did and stopped playing the game when it died off.

Anyways, if you want your ass beat I'm on XBL as my username.

@DrDogg

hey whats up man it's been a long time. I think last time I talked to you was when you came over to the D's to play smash, I had noticed you posted a Smash guide and you lived in AZ. I see you have a live ID so if you got the 360 version I'm open to a match anytime.

Shin: I don't know what kind of denial you're going through but they weren't there that night. I had to tell them what happened. But suit yourself, I don't care. Just don't embarrass the state by posting ridiculous strat guides again and I'll be happy. :)

SPQR: Hey, wherein the valley are you at? We're all waiting for some good comp, so let us know!

Well, that's GREAT! I'm going to ASU right now (well, tomorrow I guess). I live in Mesa, but about 10-15 minutes at most from ASU main. Country Club and University. Wherabouts are you?

I'll have time to play toward the latter half of this week if anyone wants to get some games in. I've been bogged down with work and haven't played in a couple weeks, but yeah...

Coffee... what Smash guide are you talking about? The ones I wrote for GameSpot for 64 and Melee or the official one for Brawl that I wrote for Prima? I'll add you next time I'm on XBL, but it probably won't be until later this week.

No, I've never lived in Tucson. I used to head down there a lot back in the Tekken 4 days to get games in with Junior and crew, but I live in North Scottsdale.

Alright guys we need to get a decent weekly tourney scene going so we're ready for Regionals. What days work for you guys?

I'm free whenever and I don't have a set work schedule. As long as I'm not working on a project any day is fine.

I'm not sure if 4 people count as a tourney scene, but I guess we'll have to do with what we've got. My schedule's pretty hectic right now with school and two jobs. Right now Tuesday or Thursday nights past eight or nine are pretty much the only times I'm available.

our 5 man tourny scene in albuquerque was more than enough to send home any outsiders except the real big guys. i see no reason why we can't re-create that here.

well i just moved onto university about 1 mile from ASU myself, like across the street from the red owl on university and 101.

thing is i no longer have a ps3...crazy domestic issues...

but i wanna play badly. lets raise the local bar.

oh and weekends work for me...although at present i'm looking for a job so that may change.

i'll probably be lazy for a few days though and could use some sc to get my mind off things.

anyone up for a challenge? i'm not that good really. i have the game...just no ps3.

Back